Press Conferences 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cevno

Wonder whether a Nick Powell/Henriquez type signing counts in 1 or 2 bodies coming in ?

And then there is always the case of a player becoming available as we go on as happened with Van Persie last summer. Doubt he was in the plans when we began the summer with presumably Hazard and Kagawa main targets.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I'm curious if its one or two including Zaha, in which case clinical depression will sink in until the season starts and they start destroying teams for fun.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I get a feeling that we're going to spend big on one or two established players rather than young talents.
I don't think so. Just because 2 big players would command 2 lots of big wages and we already have 3 pretty massive earners at the club.

We'll spend 30-40mil in total I think. I expect 1 fairly expensive signing somehwere between 20-30mil and then another signed for between 10-15mil. Neither of them will be midfielders... :wenger:

Cevno

Rooney, RVP and who is the third massive earner ?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I don't think so. Just because 2 big players would command 2 lots of big wages and we already have 3 pretty massive earners at the club.

We'll spend 30-40mil in total I think. I expect 1 fairly expensive signing somehwere between 20-30mil and then another signed for between 10-15mil. Neither of them will be midfielders... :wenger:
Well we'll see. We will be in a much stronger position financially due to a new amount of deals.

We will also sign two midfielders, one will be young and one will be established. There I've said it.

Carl

He's on 90 to 100k per week reportedly. Way below Rooney/RVP and more in the territory of our wingers/Carrick etc..
Oh really? I thought he was on in excess of £150k.

Still, I don't think we'll be adding any mega stars to the club whilst we still have those 2 players on around £250k per week.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I get a feeling that we're going to spend big on one or two established players rather than young talents.
This. Especially with Fergie acknowledging almost too big an abundance of squad players.

Cevno

Rio Ferdinand would be on high wages, I reckon.
He had to take a signficant wage cut when he signed his last 1 year deal IIRC. Will have to possibly take a further one if he signs on for next year probably with his age.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Reading that presser, it seems like we have at least a couple of young players identified and scouted for the season, and because a lot of scouting happened at Atletico Madrid, I think our young midfielder will come from that space and probably one experienced winger. We retain most of our current squad, but we lose Scholes and probably Anderson.

That's our transfer business sorted for the season.

Carl

Well we'll see. We will be in a much stronger position financially due to a new amount of deals.

We will also sign two midfielders, one will be young and one will be established. There I've said it.
I think we might sign 1. I'll only be confident of signing an established midfield player if Anderson is finally shipped out.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I think we might sign 1. I'll only be confident of signing an established midfield player if Anderson is finally shipped out.
Well I'm confident that we will sign a midfielder regardless of Anderson departure.

Cevno

Reading that presser, it seems like we have at least a couple of young players identified and scouted for the season, and because a lot of scouting happened at Atletico Madrid, I think our young midfielder will come from that space and probably one experienced winger. We retain most of our current squad, but we lose Scholes and probably Anderson.

That's our transfer business sorted for the season.
Hadn't heard of that. There has been a lot of scouting in Portugal recently and a few reports from Italy.

Well I'm confident that we will sign a midfielder regardless of Anderson departure.
I'm confident of 1 midfielder. Dunno about 2 though.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I think we will sign 2 midfielders as well. And one will be established.

Likelihood is Scholes will be gone and so will Anderson. Unlike last year on paper we had the numbers so we could afford to take a gamble (which ultimately failed in the Cup competitions) but this summer we can't.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I agree. Let us not forget that Scholes will retire this year

Cevno

More from the presser..........

'Vida (Nemanja Vidic) came up to me the other day and asked whether the players could have a day out at Chester races next Wednesday,' he said.

He added: 'I just said yes, of course, without even hesitating, but then I started to think how there are still games to play and still a job to be done.

'These are games we want to win, so they had better be on their mettle against Chelsea, or they won't be going to Chester. I just hope they don't forget there are still games of football to be played.

'There again, I've got two horses running, so if they win on Sunday, maybe I'll give them a couple of tips!'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ng-Chester-horseracing-lose-focus-Sunday.html

And a Nice Dig at FSW -

But he could not resist a dig at his former Liverpool adversary, saying: "He is very concerned about his CV - he refers to it quite a lot - but you can't dispute the fact he has done a good job in the last few weeks.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/205429.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

prateik

Hahaha.. the players sent Vidic to talk to Fergie.. No one else has the balls.

the 'we will try' talk is all good.. but it really doesnt sound like Fergie or the players care that much. Job done. Relax, refresh.. come back again next season.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I'm curious if its one or two including Zaha, in which case clinical depression will sink in until the season starts and they start destroying teams for fun.
To me that statement doesn't include Zaha, as we already have him, so why would we be looking at bring him in? (I have my muppet head on of course)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No Friday presser this week :(

ashgabat

Come look at our Swedish girls instead!
Supports
Malmö FF
I've not seen any confirmation of that, Sunny Jim. And I'm having a hard time concentrating on my work what with twitter updating all the time. I just want to know!

thoward

It's not a lisp!
Really? I was looking forward to it. Will there be one next week? I just want one more Ferguson press conference
There was one this morning. Neil Custis, on behalf of the journalists present, gave him a bottle of wine, a cake shaped in a hairdryer and a card.

Sir Alex said that Jones and Evans will start in central defence on Sunday, Lindegaard in goal. He said one or two young players will play, but he wants to win just as much as the Swansea game.

Nothing much else, just told the journalists he appreciated how tough a job they have, especially in the modern media world, and he didn't hold any grudges. Said he will attend the League Managers metting on Monday, will have a few days at Newmarket races, go on holidays for a month at the beginning of June, have his hip operation after that and will look forward to next season then.

There'll probably be more stuff on the uncut one on MUTV tonight.

LR7

Team news: "I don't have any injury problems. I'll make a few changes – maybe a few younger players will play. Anders will be in goal. I don't have Rafael and I need to make a decision about right-back. I want to play Jones and Evans at centre-back – they could be the future. Rio and Vidic will have to have a place on the bench!"

On his final game: "1,500 games – it’s incredible. West Brom have done fantastically. Every team wants to win their last home game and obviously I want to win this one even more than last week's."

On the media: "Dealing with the modern day media is difficult. Sometimes I don't accept what you write but I've always thought you’ve had a difficult job with the pressure you're under. I’ve never held a grudge against anyone – it’s not my style. Thanks for the kind words and thanks for the fantastic time I've had here – even with the press!"

On the last week’s events: "I have been overwhelmed. Sunday was unbelievable and the parade on Monday... I thought '99 could not be beaten but this time seeing all the people on the scaffolding was incredible. I think it was better than '99. I had 10 hours' sleep that night for the first time in my life!"

On retirement: "I haven’t thought about what life will be like. I’m driven to take on other challenges right away. I've got the LMA meeting on Monday and I’m going to Newmarket on Tuesday and Wednesday. I go on holiday on 4 June for a month. I’ll have my operation, then the season starts. I'll be alright."

Summarising his time at United: "The memories are all there in my 26 years at United – the whole thing. The day I came here was a privilege and the day I leave, I feel honoured. Just being here is the thing to be proud of."

A few bits in more detail:
"It's been an amazing last week," conceded Sir Alex during his final pre-match press conference. "I have been overwhelmed. Sunday was unbelievable and, as for the parade on Monday, I thought '99 could not be beaten. But, this time, seeing all the people on the scaffolding was incredible. I think it was better than '99.

"The memories are all there in 26 years at United. The whole thing. The day I came here was a privilege. The day I leave, I feel honoured."

Sir Alex will embark on a new life away from managing the most famous club in the world but is already seeing his diary fill up.

"I haven't thought about what life will be like," he admitted. "I'm driven to take on other challenges right away. I've got the LMA meeting on Monday and then I'm going to Newmarket for two days on Tuesday and Wednesday. I'll go on holiday on 4 June and the Derby's before that on 1 June. I'll have my holidays for a month and then the operation and then the season will start. I'll be alright."

“1500 games – it’s incredible,” the boss told reporters during his final press conference at Carrington on Friday. “West Brom have done fantastically, every team wants to win their last home game and obviously I want to win this one more than last week's even.

“I don't have any injury problems. I'll make a few changes - maybe a few younger players will play.

“Anders (Lindegaard) will be in goal. I don't have Rafael so I need to make a decision about right-back. I want to play Jones and Evans at centre-back - they could be the future. Rio (Ferdinand) and (Nemanja) Vidic will have to have a place on the bench! I'm looking forward to it. It’s going to be great.”

All from manutd.com - Late with this because unusually today I'm at work on a Friday.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Interesting. With Jones and Evans at CB, Rafael suspended and Smalling injured, who will play at right back? Valencia?
Maybe Vermijl?

Would love to see Januzaj play from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.