Prince Philip Dead | Ceremonial Funeral to take place on Saturday 17th April | Prince Andrew is NOT a pedophile

kidbob

It's a shame he didn't make good music because then we could've ignored all his character flaws and celebrate his life.
I mean he din't make good music and you could probably still watch the BBC or read any newspapers and celebrate his life. Why is it that people constantly treat what they read on here as being the be all and end all of life? I would guess there are more places to celebrate him right now than not.

Edit: and why in the feck does anyone need to 'celebrate' him? The actual Prince (you know the short, black genius who actually did make great songs) was a hero of mine and actually had a huge influence on my musical endeavours but when he died I didn't need to celebrate him because I wasn't his fecking mother or anything. Maybe the real conversation is why do people care so much when some stranger dies and if people make jokes about it?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I mean he din't make good music and you could probably still watch the BBC or read any newspapers and celebrate his life. Why is it that people constantly treat what they read on here as being the be all and end all of life? I would guess there are more places to celebrate him right now than not.
I'd prefer not to praise either of them thanks.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Had to duck out of thread. All the praise was getting nasty.
He made some decent tracks but hard to see past the rape lyrics. Obviously, troubled person and sad that it ended that way for him.

kidbob

I'd prefer not to praise either of them thanks.
Grand either would I. I didn't know either of them and couldn't care less if their dead or not and if anyone makes jokes about them. I just find it weird when people are upset about jokes about strangers, or even weirder treat such a normal thing as death as such a big deal.

ivaldo

He made some decent tracks but hard to see past the rape lyrics. Obviously, troubled person and sad that it ended that way for him.
It's just very strange to see the willingness to ignore the considerable list of things he did wrong. From multiple cases of animal abuse, to animal theft, assault etc.

ivaldo

Grand either would I. I didn't know either of them and couldn't care less if their dead or not and if anyone makes jokes about them. I just find it weird when people are upset about jokes about strangers, or even weirder treat such a normal thing as death as such a big deal.
I don't believe I've said they upset me, unless you meant the comment for a wider audience. I was just commenting on the contrast between the two threads.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
It's just very strange to see the willingness to ignore the considerable list of things he did wrong. From multiple cases of animal abuse, to animal theft, assault etc.
That too. People got cancelled for far less.

kidbob

I don't believe I've said they upset me, unless you mean the comment is a general one. I was just commenting on the contrast between the two threads.
Ah right, apologies I misunderstood your comment. I guess DMX naturally has more supporters through his music than Philip does through his being a member of an institution. Some people are more willing to overlook ones bad traits because he offered something tangible they enjoyed rather than just existed as some sort of public figure. I'd agree it is hypocritical though if your dislike of one is based on traits the other exhibited or similar.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
I didn't particularly care about this at any point, but it's been absolutely everywhere and getting quite annoying.

A man of the highest privilege, arsehole on all accounts dies a couple months short of a century. Bit unfortunate, like when a batsman is bowled on 99, but people die everyday and we get on with it so the media shoving it down everyone's throats in a pandemic when so many lost their lives because of their social class alone feels weird, though understandable given the institution.

My mum will be sad when the Queen dies, but the sooner this whole monarchy thing is over with the better.

tugger

The Royal family are divisive. It is interesting to read through and see how stark the contrast is between the two sides. There doesn’t seem to be much middle ground, you’re either extremely pro royal or extremely anti royal.

Prince Philip was potentially the most divisive figure of the lot of them. A lot is written about him, some of it true, a lot of it false, nearly all of it misunderstood. The media is less interested in fairness or truth, more interested in clicks, views or pushing a narrative that suits them. I knew Philip personally and he was never happier than when he was giving back. His charity, his senses of right and wrong and his integrity shone through. Whenever the topic of the Duke arises, I always mention the same interactions I had with him.

I attended many events with him. He was always the first to dig deep in to his pockets and part with his hard earned cash when the collection plate was passed around the attending klan members. I have lost track of the number of hate campaigns he practically single handedly funded. He spent the majority of the rest of his spare time patrolling the Channel in his schooner, his watchful gaze ensuring “any and all of those kinds of buggers” were kept out
of this green and pleasant land.

There were countless conferences where he would have all the other ukip members doubled over with his spot on portrayals of a whole host of ethnicities. Their customs and accents expertly dissected by his rapier wit.

Even as the years started to take their toll to and age ever a barrier, he thought nothing of putting his life on the line to defend the country he deeply loved. Yes, he may have crashed his car. Few know however that the crash was completely deliberate. He swerved at the car as he saw the driver looked “possibly some kind of oriental, and potentially in the country illegally” his swift actions ensured a police presence was soon at the scene and if the driver did in fact turn out to be here illegally, they would have been deported.

As with anyone, blue blooded or otherwise, there were some imperfections. He would often lash out at the corgis when the Queen’s back was turned. This however was only because they liked to shit in the same areas of the Royal gardens as he did. RIP Phil.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
The Royal family are divisive. It is interesting to read through and see how stark the contrast is between the two sides. There doesn’t seem to be much middle ground, you’re either extremely pro royal or extremely anti royal.

Prince Philip was potentially the most divisive figure of the lot of them. A lot is written about him, some of it true, a lot of it false, nearly all of it misunderstood. The media is less interested in fairness or truth, more interested in clicks, views or pushing a narrative that suits them. I knew Philip personally and he was never happier than when he was giving back. His charity, his senses of right and wrong and his integrity shone through. Whenever the topic of the Duke arises, I always mention the same interactions I had with him.

I attended many events with him. He was always the first to dig deep in to his pockets and part with his hard earned cash when the collection plate was passed around the attending klan members. I have lost track of the number of hate campaigns he practically single handedly funded. He spent the majority of the rest of his spare time patrolling the Channel in his schooner, his watchful gaze ensuring “any and all of those kinds of buggers” were kept out

There were countless conferences where he would have all the other ukip members doubled over with his spot on portrayals of a whole host of ethnicities. Their customs and accents expertly dissected by his rapier wit.

Even as the years started to take their toll to and age ever a barrier, he thought nothing of putting his life on the line to defend the country he deeply loved. Yes, he may have crashed his car. Few know however that the crash was completely deliberate. He swerved at the car as he saw the driver looked “possibly some kind of oriental, and potentially in the country illegally” his swift actions ensured a police presence was soon at the scene and if the driver did in fact turn out to be here illegally, they would have been deported.

As with anyone, blue blooded or otherwise, there were some imperfections. He would often lash out at the corgis when the Queen’s back was turned. This however was only because they liked to shit in the same areas of the Royal gardens as he did. RIP Phil.
:lol: well written, I'm sure Phillip would have approved.

C'est Moi Cantona

At least you made a proper effort at been funny.

Last edited:

The Firestarter

:lol:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Wtf how did you get promoted so quickly?