Prince Philip Dead | Ceremonial Funeral to take place on Saturday 17th April | Prince Andrew is NOT a pedophile

Hammerfell

The man was a Legend

Had the pleasure of meeting him on parade 10 years ago whilst serving in the Marines and he was incredibly charming and funny and a pure delight in all honesty

I didn’t know him, I met him

but I form my opinion of him from those that knew him

not from media articles or social media agendas

He may have been a Privileged individual but he made the most of his position and did many wonderful things with it helping many people around the world

RIP Prince Philip
How much have you drunk this evening?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Had the pleasure of meeting Prince Philip at a charity do once. He was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny.

Simbo

Watched this earlier, really interesting interview.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Cool, we're doing personal stories now.

It was a night like any other, if I'm being honest. The sun cornures down the hall were squawking in a feeble attempt to drown out the Chopin that was being haphazardly played by Biff the Former Circus Chimp on my bronzed honky tonk. I had just finished painting the foyer a deeper shade of purple with lime green polkadots when I heard a rapping at my chamber door.

Upon releasing the fourth latch a curious creature, carefully nestled betwixt the ample busom of a lesser spotted Latvian lapdancer, sprung out with much glee and began bouncing through my foyer, past my half-finished bust of Winston Churchill bumming a ferret, and in to the confines of my custom built Screaming Room. It somehow managed to flip the thrice secured "Beast Mode" button which, naturally, made the record player start blasting out my personal showgaze cover of Baby It's Cold Outside, played entirely with recordings of me clipping Biff's toenails, at a hundred and fifty decibels.

The creature po-goed around the room like a hyperactive mountain goat for all of twenty seconds before collapsing under the weight of its own distain for my ceiling carving of Snow White selling the Dwarves to a travelling slaver so she could continue feeding her heroin addiction.

I'll never forget the words it said to me as I plumped it back between Kristine's boulder holders. It said "Pidgy, my man. I've always hated the fecking poor." I'll cherish those words until the day I get hit by a slow moving tram.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
If they ask all players to wear black armbands this weekend there's gonna be some next level James McLean drama.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Oh, just pre-empting the Beeb saying that it's a huge public interest story that deserves them going over the top with the coverage...

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
If they ask all players to wear black armbands this weekend there's gonna be some next level James McLean drama.
I reckon wearing am armband for the individual husband of the lawful sovereign of the country you work in is a bit different to wearing a poppy that can be reasonably construed to support the actions of an army that brought terror to your community.

He shouldn't be punished if he chooses not to wear one, but I think it would be less reasonable. And this is coming from a prohd republican.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Looking forward to the players doing the BLM salute with the armband honouring a well known racist.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I reckon wearing am armband for the individual husband of the lawful sovereign of the country you work in is a bit different to wearing a poppy that can be reasonably construed to support the actions of an army that brought terror to your community.

He shouldn't be punished if he chooses not to wear one, but I think it would be less reasonable. And this is coming from a prohd republican.
I could see him pulling down his shorts and pissing on the pitch during the minutes silence.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
I could see him pulling down his shorts and pissing on the pitch during the minutes silence.
I mean as long as he has a black cock ring on, it's not necessarily in bad taste.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I've watched a few videos by Darren McGrady who worked as a cook for the Royal Family and he says that Prince Philip had a great interest in food and would even barbecue sometimes. He'd take an interest in what the cooks were making. Queen Elizabeth meanwhile had quite a bland and basic taste in food.

That's about the only redeeming feature I can find with him.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Say what you like about them, but those Windsors are fecking brutal when it comes to winning back public favour.

Your move Meghan.

WPMUFC

Next level cultural cringe: News presenters on the Australian public broadcaster are dressed in black for the occasion.

Someone get me a bucket to throw up in.

freshibal

the ultimate combination is genius and insanity
Wasn’t he just racist in the same way that loads of people his age are/were?

Raised in an era where they didn’t know better and too old to change their mindset by the time society had moved on. I mean, it’s not great but my gran (who died 30 years ago and would be the same age as he is know, if she was still alive) came out with some seriously dodgy stuff. Not with any hatred or malice behind it but still deeply offensive by today’s standards. I’d like to think she’d have changed her ways over the last few decades but can’t guarantee it. And how long is it since Phillip said something really badly inappropriate?

The royal family as a concept can get fecked, obviously, but the general vibe in this thread is definitely a bit crass.
No offence or anything mate, but your nan saying shocking things and the husband of the queen of the country saying racist things are two different things in regards to outreach.

The problem comes when his comments get glossed over as silly or just generally downplayed.