Television Prison Break Revival (don't open if you've not seen it before)

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I binged watched the first 4 seasons on the insistence of my colleague who has been telling me for a year this was the best show ever made.

It was possibly the worst.

Season 1 was good, season 2 was poor, needlessly long, season 3 was terrible, season 4 was awful.

What's worse is when season 4 reached a logical closure point where literally every single loose end was tied up they threw in a needless twist and carried it on for another 11 episodes! It was clear that the writers spread the story over 12 episodes when the series was renewed for 23 it was ridiculous.

S1- prison break.
S2 - running around with guns.
S3 - prison break again.
S4 - we are out of ideas....lets bring everyone back to life for no reason!
S5 - oh god please let this die!

Also a few things bugged me.

Kellerman was at one point 'made a ghost' all evidence of his existence was wiped out, somehow though he was able to testify to exonerate Sara.

Michael scowled his way through very painful tattoo romoval at the start of season 4 which was completely pointless as his tattoos were never actually seen past season 2.

Micheal had surgery on his tumour which we actually saw yet not only was he fine and running around afterwards but had no scars at all.

T bags teeth were ripped out by link but magically reappeared in the next episode, apparently his teeth grew back but the cuts he received on the same beat down never healed.

It was utterly ridiculous. My colleague has told me to watch sons of anarchy next, I want too but don't feel like I can trust his judgement.

Varun

Staff
I binged watched the first 4 seasons on the insistence of my colleague who has been telling me for a year this was the best show ever made.

Season 1 was good, season 2 was poor, needlessly long, season 3 was terrible, season 4 was awful.

What's worse is when season 4 reached a logical closure point where literally every single loose end was tied up they threw in a needless twist and carried it on for another 11 episodes! It was clear that the writers spread the story over 12 episodes when the series was renewed for 23 it was ridiculous.

S1- prison break.
S2 - running around with guns.
S3 - prison break again.
S4 - we are out of ideas....lets bring everyone back to life for no reason!
S5 - oh god please let this die!

Also a few things bugged me.

Kellerman was at one point 'made a ghost' all evidence of his existence was wiped out, somehow though he was able to testify to exonerate Sara.

Michael scowled his way through very painful tattoo romoval at the start of season 4 which was completely pointless as his tattoos were never actually seen past season 2.

Micheal had surgery on his tumour which we actually saw yet not only was he fine and running around afterwards but had no scars at all.

T bags teeth were ripped out by link but magically reappeared in the next episode, apparently his teeth grew back but the cuts he received on the same beat down never healed.

It was utterly ridiculous. My colleague has told me to watch sons of anarchy next, I want too but don't feel like I can trust his judgement.
1st season is absolutely top notch. The rate at which it goes downhill season 2 onwards in just incredible. Utterly shit.

kps88

My colleague has told me to watch sons of anarchy next, I want too but don't feel like I can trust his judgement.
:lol: He's having fun with you. SOA follows a fairly similar path to Prison Break in that it starts out okay but then gradually becomes terrible.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I really liked watching Prison Break. Now I put that down possibly to the fact that it was one of the first shows I watched on TV (as in seasoned american programme) along with Lost. For this reason I have very fond memories of it but not sure how I would feel about it had I watched it for the first time after I had seen the likes of Breaking Bad and The Wire.

I do like a lot of the characters in Prison Break (Mahone, T-Bag, Sucre, Gretchen, Michael, Linc the Sink etc) and it always had an edge-of-your-seat kind of feel with awesome cliffhangers. It just dipped off massively in season 4 when they spend most of the episodes looking for those stupid cards.

There were some awesome funny scenes though (unintentional I think) e.g.

Watching Lincoln trying to use his brain in season 3

Gretchen flirting with Lincoln at the start of season 3 then saying something like "you aren't stupid enough to think I was flirting with you?" after he realizes she has alterior motifs.

Lincoln's mom saying something like "I loved Michael because he had potential and was always learning things while you were playing with toy trucks" :lol:

Lincoln saying to Michael "let me help you the only way I know how" followed by kicking in a car door and running past cops

Mahone spending an eternity looking for a marker pen in Sona prison :lol:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
:lol: He's having fun with you. SOA follows a fairly similar path to Prison Break in that it starts out okay but then gradually becomes terrible.
I have a work colleague who is mad for SOA, so I watched season one. Some of the acting was laughable but it was mostly OK. Never had any urge to watch more though, definitely won't bother now!!

Big Andy

Bloke
1st season is absolutely top notch. The rate at which it goes downhill season 2 onwards in just incredible. Utterly shit.
Season two when they were on the run was good, but then when they ended up in Sona, it all turned to shit...don't even go there with Scylla...that was just a crock of shite...

I don't see how this new storyline is going to replicate anything of the first few series...It'd only be worth watching if T-Bag is in it...

Sylar

Yeah, season 1 was fantastic. I watched it again recently (just s1) and it still holds up as gripping and very well thought out. S2 was a decent follow up.

Then s3 happened. TBH, it was useless because everything that happens doesnt matter. Every character introduced dies and has no significance. It was just so they could... prison break... again.
s4 and 5 were shit.

If it was s1, s2 and then the TV movie it would have been great. In fact thats what im going to pretend happened going into the revival.

Donut

You must really like this collegue :confused:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I'm looking forward to it, but I think I won't enjoy it as much as an adult. Even the fact that Michael is coming back to life already seems like it's going to go down a ridiculous route.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The fact that 75% of the original show was shite, that being everything other than season one, is enough to know this will be shit.

But even if it weren't, bringing back to life the character they killed off at the end of the original run makes it clear.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
They should make a completely different version of it, considering I'm pretty certain Michael died in the mini movie anyway.

Season 1 was 10/10 very intense throughout and some very good character development.

Season 2 was boss as well, I didn't like them killing Abruzzi off and they could have made the man hunt a bit better. Overall still very enjoyable and Agent Mahone was the best character on the show.

Rest of the seasons didn't even happen in my eyes, just a bad dream.
I agree.

It's funny that some people think Season 2 was bad, and Season 3 was good. I think Season 3 was atrocious.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I loved the first two seasons. The third was ok but nothing special. Hated the fourth. Still going to see it when it comes out. Love Mahone. Bill Fichtner is brilliant.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Season 1 was very good entertainment. Season 2 was good for the most part, although was a bit too long. Season 3 was kind of daft if you paid attention to the plot, but with less episodes had a decent pace and was entertaining enough. Season 4 started out alright, but again, went on way, way too long, and became progressively more ridiculous as it went on.

The problem with a new series is that we've kind of seen it all already. All the characters have betrayed each other to the point where in Season 4 you could have characters who'd tried to ruthlessly murder each other working together and it didn't seem to bother them at all.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
This series nose dived after the first season. No idea what this new series will be about.

ZAGREB RED

I am guessing he possibly faked his own death and will then re-appear, but in terms of a plot/storyline for a new series what will be happening ? Doesn't look good. I enjoyed this mostly 1 and 2 were good, 3 was a bit poor, 4 was OK but they dragged it out too much, but then the mini-movie at the end kind of rounded things off well....or so it seemed at the time.... Definitely a series where you had to "suspend your disbelief" when watching...

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
They escaped prison too early for me, just totally lost interest with the meh that was season 2. Look what happened too Porridge when they done the spin off of when he got out of jail for feck sake!

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
They escaped prison too early for me, just totally lost interest with the meh that was season 2. Look what happened too Porridge when they done the spin off of when he got out of jail for feck sake!
I don't agree, if anything he was in prison too long! There were a few times in that first season where they should have escaped, but didn't. When they finally did it was even a little rushed!

Season 3, when they were back in prison... my god. They should have just ended it at Season 2. Everything was there to end it. They were all free! They could all go home! And then bam!

ZAGREB RED

I will watch the first episode just to see how it turns out, but I am not optimistic...
Just looked on IMDB, it isn't on TV till 2017, apparently Lincoln and Sarah discover Michael is alive and not so well, he is in jail in Yemen...must be doing a world tour of jails after completing USA and Panama, maybe trying for all the continents of the world...

Last edited by a moderator:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I'm certain that the next Furious trailer will be the same, starring a hologram Paul Walker. It's basically the same thing except Prison Break is on cable TV budget.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Prison Break along with Heroes really became shit in the Season two after a very good first season. Don't know what the feck happened there, but will be watching this in case there is a little chance that they manage to reach the heights of season one again.

3KDré

I thought it was great throughout, but it seems most people thought it deteriorated after season 1. Strange.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
That last season with Scylla, those microchips or what that bullshit was :lol:. Had a friend who was big, big fan kept telling me it was still the same quality as the 1st season :annoyed::eek::rolleyes::angel::houllier::lol:

Big Andy

Bloke
I thought it was great throughout, but it seems most people thought it deteriorated after season 1. Strange.
Series 1 was absolutely brilliant TV, well thought out, well written...Series 2 when they were on the run dipped a bit, but was still great telly...Season 3 is where it turned a bit shit, and season 4 I've just forgotten about...

Sylar

Totally agree with @Big Andy
Season 1 is one of the best seasons ive seen. So intense and gripping and well thought out as said above.
Season 2 was ok, but then it all went to shit after that when they decide to put them back in prison. And the funny thing is, you can remove s3 altogether because nobody from that season is relevant in s4 or towards the whole story.

The trailer looks good (though seems to reveal a helluva lot).