Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PES 2014)

Brophs

The One and Only
Apparently they're going to be releasing a gameplay patch in November. Good to see it only takes two bloody months to sort things that should have been sorted for release.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Apparently they're going to be releasing a gameplay patch in November. Good to see it only takes two bloody months to sort things that should have been sorted for release.
Yeah its like that every year. You'd swear they're incapable of learning from their past errors - unless of course the patch is a strategy based on gamer/user reviews?

kps88

FIFA does the same. They released a patch practically on release day to correct issues that shouldn't have existed in the first place. It's ridiculous.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Any decent option files/data packs for Xbox knocking about yet?

Brophs

The One and Only
Does anyone else play the Asian CL? It's my favourite competition at the mo. The players aren't so good that the play is all fast and ping-pongy passing.

Carl

Alright gays, I'm trying to download the data pack that I never knew existed (thought it was part of the first patch) but it keeps failing saying "this link is broken".

I'm on XBox. Any ideas?

Carl

Given this a really good go now and I'm enjoying it. I've not started Master League yet because I'm gunna be waiting for a good option file for the XBox to come out.

A few concerns/annoyances:

I'm worried that it's too easy. Given I'm converting from FIFA and didn't buy last years PES I surely shouldn't be able to win the Champions League quite so easily on Top Player. Granted I was United but still...

Goalkeepers. Awful. Just awful. I've found that if I never rush my keeper then they're much better and actually pull off a save or 2. If I rush them then just forget it, easy goal. Also, they seem to have no urgency or awareness to any danger and seldom come for any crosses.

Defending is piss easy. Basically just hold pressure or whatever it's called and the game does it for you.

Player selection can be rather retarded. Quite often the ball will tamely run past a player but the AI selects a player miles away to control instead. Annoying. Also, when you can get teamates to pressure the opposition it seldom chooses the, more sensible, nearest player but often drags my centre half away from his man and well out of position.

Slide tackles. Someone should tell Konami that slide tackles have not been outlawed by FIFA and they're not all 2 footed lunges.

On the whole I really enjoy it and, provided it's not too easy, will get loads of hours out of this when I start my ML. Yet again though there's these little niggles that just hold the game back. Hopefully none of them are so big as to ruin my enjoyment of it though like they were a couple years ago.

Woodzy

Alright gays, I'm trying to download the data pack that I never knew existed (thought it was part of the first patch) but it keeps failing saying "this link is broken".

I'm on XBox. Any ideas?
Sounds like the link is broken to me.

Carl

Sounds like the link is broken to me.
:)

Since then I tweeted their account and they replied saying it's an issue they're aware of and trying to fix.

It's a good job I don't play online or I'd be pissed off. This data pack is needed to play online apparently.

JP77

:)

Since then I tweeted their account and they replied saying it's an issue they're aware of and trying to fix.

It's a good job I don't play online or I'd be pissed off. This data pack is needed to play online apparently.

A combination of Konami and Microsoft (more Microsoft, who did this before) being shit. Apparently the fixed patch needs to go through Microsoft's validation bollocks.

You can download the data pack online if you have a USB and transfer it to your 360.

kps88

Everything I've read so far has said the online play is laggy and broken once again. It's inexcusable they still can't get that right.

Carl

I really like how this game plays but, as feared, it's too easy. Massive disappointment as it renders the whole thing pointless. The only thing that can save it now is BAL, and I've never been a fan of the FIFA equivalent so I'm not optimistic.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Everything I've read so far has said the online play is laggy and broken once again. It's inexcusable they still can't get that right.
Yeah it's absolutely disgusting. I'm glad it's not just me. I've tried giving this game another go, and I've been playing MLO but it is leggy to feck.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
So is this game worth buying right now? I loved 2013, but the version i had wouldn't let me online and felt i was missing out.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Downloaded and installed the lates PES Edit patch on pc, they have included the Bundesliga with all the teams, kits, emblems ... The modders are amazing.

Carl

Downloaded and installed the lates PES Edit patch on pc, they have included the Bundesliga with all the teams, kits, emblems ... The modders are amazing.
Yeh I downloaded the Xbox option file the other day. Great work by WinningElevenBlog.com

Unfortunately the only game mode I can play is BAL because the normal modes are too easy. Thankfully I'm really enjoying BAL. Challenging and emersive. Even though it is annoying being subbed off at 60mins no matter how well you're playing.

kouroux

Yeh I downloaded the Xbox option file the other day. Great work by WinningElevenBlog.com

Unfortunately the only game mode I can play is BAL because the normal modes are too easy. Thankfully I'm really enjoying BAL. Challenging and emersive. Even though it is annoying being subbed off at 60mins no matter how well you're playing.
The ratings in this game are sadly broken, you could have a cracking with a hat trick that you'd still be rated as a 6.5-7 and that is the main reason why BAL is not worth it for me because you get subbed so frequently. Plus they should really have the option to skip/simulate the rest of the match without you having to watch it.

Carl

The ratings in this game are sadly broken, you could have a cracking with a hat trick that you'd still be rated as a 6.5-7 and that is the main reason why BAL is not worth it for me because you get subbed so frequently. Plus they should really have the option to skip/simulate the rest of the match without you having to watch it.
A poor rating isn't why I'm subbed. I'll often end the match with a better rating than anyone on my team and I'm still subbed. I'm guessing it's due to my age/ability stats.

Also, I've never played this mode before, how quickly can I expect to progress? I've played a full season and did OK but my overall ability hasn't changed from 70.

Genius Me!

So is this game worth buying right now? I loved 2013, but the version i had wouldn't let me online and felt i was missing out.
This game has the potential to be really good, but I still have major issues with it.

JP77

Yeah it's absolutely disgusting. I'm glad it's not just me. I've tried giving this game another go, and I've been playing MLO but it is leggy to feck.

PS3? Issues on PS3 from what I hear. Most games are fine on 360, mostly smooth for me.

Got my code earlier and downloaded the 360 beta for the 11 vs 11 online. Had a quick game, one or two issues but seems like it'll be a really good mode.

kouroux

A poor rating isn't why I'm subbed. I'll often end the match with a better rating than anyone on my team and I'm still subbed. I'm guessing it's due to my age/ability stats.

Also, I've never played this mode before, how quickly can I expect to progress? I've played a full season and did OK but my overall ability hasn't changed from 70.
Sorry Carl, I didn't explain things the way I meant them. Normally your match rating/fatigue levels should decided if your player deserves to finish the 90 minutes or not. It is currently based on stats, the better the stats and the longer your player stats on the pitch, it's a stupidly childish system IMHO.

Genius Me!

PS3? Issues on PS3 from what I hear. Most games are fine on 360, mostly smooth for me.

Got my code earlier and downloaded the 360 beta for the 11 vs 11 online. Had a quick game, one or two issues but seems like it'll be a really good mode.
Yeah Ps3 is terrible.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I had moved to a shit team, so I was clearly the best on the pitch, expecting full games, got an average of 10 minutes more.... Bah.

Carl

Sorry Carl, I didn't explain things the way I meant them. Normally your match rating/fatigue levels should decided if your player deserves to finish the 90 minutes or not. It is currently based on stats, the better the stats and the longer your player stats on the pitch, it's a stupidly childish system IMHO.
Ahhh I get you so it's based on the ability rating rather than the performance rating. That's stupid.

Still, I'm enjoying it though. Had this mode been a let down then it'd have made the game unplayable. As it is, it's rescued it a little for me.

kouroux

I had moved to a shit team, so I was clearly the best on the pitch, expecting full games, got an average of 10 minutes more.... Bah.
That's even more stupid that I thought, the ratings of your player don't take into account the team you're playing for, you could have the best stats of a Chilean team that it wouldn't you'd play a lot. Clearly this system to be re-done.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
That's even more stupid that I thought, the ratings of your player don't take into account the team you're playing for, you could have the best stats of a Chilean team that it wouldn't you'd play a lot. Clearly this system to be re-done.
Yup, I was a mid 70's in a team of mid-low 60's, and I finished a full game maybe twice. Ridiculous system. Wouldn't have minded half so much if you could skip to the final whistle once taken off.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Chose PES14 over FIFA this year, simply because I don't think FIFA14 justifies my full 50 euro. Welcome me aboard gents. Feels dirty playing for the other team.

Genius Me!

Chose PES14 over FIFA this year, simply because I don't think FIFA14 justifies my full 50 euro. Welcome me aboard gents. Feels dirty playing for the other team.
:lol: good luck.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You've made the right decision.

On another note, my biggest issue with this game has gotten resolved by changing the shooting from "advanced".

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Overall: I like it. Even though there are more niggles than positives in this post

+ I like the passing. The weight of the ball feels a lot more realistic than FIFA
+ I like the close control. Messi actually plays like Messi. In FIFA he's just a really fast midget
+ Far more customization with teams than you get in FIFA. I miss the stadium editor though

-The speed when you run through on goal is a joke. I had a striker with 93 pace who was in the clear, yet Vidic who was about a considerable distance away caught up with him in no time.
-Shooting is odd, perhaps I haven't played it enough, but it randomly shifts between lobbed shots and screamers, usually when I least want it.
-Standing tackles are as awkward as feck. Sometimes it's nearly better to "run into" the opponent than to press pressure as pressure with commit him and leave him miles behind the attacker
- Is that dotted line for free kicks/kick outs meant to randomly disappear at times?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Change your shooting from "advanced" if you haven't already.

Genius Me!

Also players tire out on this quicker, so if you're always holding R1 then that won't help.

It also might have something to do with player emotions, turn that Shit off or just put it on full if you can.