Progressive Restrictions Draft

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
My guess is - not.

I mean - it looks like I might be able to play a late card or two...but then again, the most obvious ones I see right now are actually in positions I've already filled!

Which says something about my shabby planning more than anything - but there you go.

Still - I do think there will be some pretty heavy names remaining, even after a few more rounds. And that's interesting in itself.
Aye, there's still a few huge names knocking about. I could fit a few of them in still, but I'm undecided as to whether I want to.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Aye, there's still a few huge names knocking about. I could fit a few of them in still, but I'm undecided as to whether I want to.
Fecking Milan and Italy combo have no one left. So much for leaving that option for a late steal :lol:

GodShaveTheQueen

There's still one sexy bastard that fits snugly in that combo, and it looks like you've got room for him.
Yea, thought a lot and decided against it. Hate putting Neeskens behind a support striker. Proper 4-3-3 player but hardly ever used like that.

GodShaveTheQueen

ManagerPick 1Pick 2Pick 3Pick 4Pick 5Pick 6Pick 7Pick 8Pick 9
Harms/EAPL. MessiK-H. RummeniggeJ. MasopustP. McgrathL. ModricE. GeretsT. Adams
EnigmaF. BeckenbauerF. RijkaardC. RonaldoN. SantosG. BergomiA. ShesternyovD. SilvaB. BremnerG. Banks
SjorZicoO. BlokhinJ. ZanettiP. ElkjaerA. CostacurtaV. VasovicA. ColeB. SchweinsteigerR. Dasayev
General EleganciaA. Di StefanoR. FerdinandM. Van BastenA. BrehmeG. SounessJairzinhoL. ThuramI. NettoJ. Chilavert
GSTQE. FigueroaD. DzajicD. LawT. FinneyD. SantosJ. NeeskensS. MarzoliniK. H. ForsterGermano
Lord SinisterB. MooreA. IniestaG. FacchettiP. LahmJ. StamN. KanteGersonG. BaleF. Albert
PatG. BestV. VoroninK. De BruyneM. AmorosM. BelodediciD. McGrainR. LewandowskiF. CannavaroN. Southall
MichaelfRonaldoR. KrolZ. BoniekJ. TiganaR. BratsethR. DzodzuashviliL. RivaD. Mackay
Himannv/Red BearJ. CruyffJ. KohlerD. PassarellaCafuP. ScholesK. BenzemaM. VerattiR. Pavoni
GioEusebioR. KeaneP. R. FalcãoH. VogtsF. RedondoR. RensenbrinkA. CabriniD. Godin
SirScholesL. MatthausGarrinchaH. StoichkovR. GullitA. ShearerJ. SantamariaJ. PintoP. Evra
P-NutP. MaldiniXaviP. NedvedN. HidegkutiM. SammerR. GiggsM. SalahMarcelo
MalucoF. BaresiF. PuskasRomarioB. RobsonB. LizarazuW. SuurbierM. ColunaD. Blanchflower
Big DunkG. MüllerG. ScireaM. DesaillyC. AlbertoG. BatistutaD. IrwinW. Van HanegemPirri
ChesterR. CharltonH. ChumpitazJ. BozsikL. YashinA. SpencerP. BreitnerJ. JohnstoneZito
PhysiocratM. PlatiniA. NestaV. van DijkU. SeelerL. FigoA. DemyanenkoM. KempesD. Edwards

@Michaelf7777777
What a pick my man! Sad Barcelona has hindered the involvement of more Hungarians in the draft, almost ideal players in this draft otherwise.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
can i play with 10 men? built a lovely 432 in my head so that last player really messing up my vision

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Question:

Say I pick Player X, who played for Yugoslavia and was born somewhere in present-day Croatia.

Now, I want to pick Player Y: he also played for Yugoslavia but was born somewhere in present-day Bosnia. Is Player Y eligible (provided, of course, that there's no overlap in terms of clubs)?

To make it as simple as possible, let's say both X and Y played for Yugoslavia exclusively (they never represented either Croatia or Bosnia in the post-Yugoslavia era).
Good to go.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
EnigmaF. BeckenbauerF. RijkaardC. RonaldoN. SantosG. BergomiA. ShesternyovD. SilvaB. BremnerG. Banks
SjorZicoO. BlokhinJ. ZanettiP. ElkjaerA. CostacurtaV. VasovicA. ColeB. SchweinsteigerR. Dasayev
General EleganciaA. Di StefanoR. FerdinandM. Van BastenA. BrehmeG. SounessJairzinhoL. ThuramI. NettoJ. Chilavert
GSTQE. FigueroaD. DzajicD. LawT. FinneyD. SantosJ. NeeskensS. MarzoliniK. H. ForsterGermano
Lord SinisterB. MooreA. IniestaG. FacchettiP. LahmJ. StamN. KanteGersonG. BaleF. Albert
PatG. BestV. VoroninK. De BruyneM. AmorosM. BelodediciD. McGrainR. LewandowskiF. CannavaroN. Southall
MichaelfRonaldoR. KrolZ. BoniekJ. TiganaR. BratsethR. DzodzuashviliL. RivaD. MackayP. Littbarski
Himannv/Red BearJ. CruyffJ. KohlerD. PassarellaCafuP. ScholesK. BenzemaM. VerattiR. PavoniB. Silva
GioEusebioR. KeaneP. R. FalcãoH. VogtsF. RedondoR. RensenbrinkA. CabriniD. GodinM. Tresor
SirScholesL. MatthausGarrinchaH. StoichkovR. GullitA. ShearerJ. SantamariaJ. PintoP. EvraD . De Rossi
P-NutP. MaldiniXaviP. NedvedN. HidegkutiM. SammerR. GiggsM. SalahMarceloS. Campbell
MalucoF. BaresiF. PuskasRomarioB. RobsonB. LizarazuW. SuurbierM. ColunaD. BlanchflowerA. Hansen
Big DunkG. MüllerG. ScireaM. DesaillyC. AlbertoG. BatistutaD. IrwinW. Van HanegemPirri
ChesterR. CharltonH. ChumpitazJ. BozsikL. YashinA. SpencerP. BreitnerJ. JohnstoneZito
PhysiocratM. PlatiniA. NestaV. van DijkU. SeelerL. FigoA. DemyanenkoM. KempesD. Edwards

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
MichaelfRonaldoR. KrolZ. BoniekJ. TiganaR. BratsethR. DzodzuashviliL. RivaD. MackayP. Littbarski
Himannv/Red BearJ. CruyffJ. KohlerD. PassarellaCafuP. ScholesK. BenzemaM. VerattiR. PavoniB. Silva
GioEusebioR. KeaneP. R. FalcãoH. VogtsF. RedondoR. RensenbrinkA. CabriniD. GodinM. Tresor
SirScholesL. MatthausGarrinchaH. StoichkovR. GullitA. ShearerJ. SantamariaJ. PintoP. EvraD . De Rossi
P-NutP. MaldiniXaviP. NedvedN. HidegkutiM. SammerR. GiggsM. SalahMarceloS. Campbell
MalucoF. BaresiF. PuskasRomarioB. RobsonB. LizarazuW. SuurbierM. ColunaD. BlanchflowerA. Hansen
Big DunkG. MüllerG. ScireaM. DesaillyC. AlbertoG. BatistutaD. IrwinW. Van HanegemPirriN. Gonçalves
ChesterR. CharltonH. ChumpitazJ. BozsikL. YashinA. SpencerP. BreitnerJ. JohnstoneZitoV. Bezsonov

@Physiocrat

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Big DunkG. MüllerG. ScireaM. DesaillyC. AlbertoG. BatistutaD. IrwinW. Van HanegemPirriN. Gonçalves
ChesterR. CharltonH. ChumpitazJ. BozsikL. YashinA. SpencerP. BreitnerJ. JohnstoneZitoV. Bezsonov

@Physiocrat
Bessonov was picked, oh!!!! my fecking life.

GodShaveTheQueen

I am not competing the decision to allow the pick but I genuinely believe it should not be a valid pick. They played for the exact same national team.

Blokhin and Dasayev is even more ridiculous. Both played a fecking world cup together.

BIG DUNK

Tank
I am not competing the decision to allow the pick but I genuinely believe it should not be a valid pick. They played for the exact same national team.

Blokhin and Dasayev is even more ridiculous. Both played a fecking world cup together.
Yeah I don’t think teammates should be allowed (whole premise of the draft)

Šjor Bepo

im willing to replace Dasayev if we block first two picks lol

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd

Yeah I don’t think teammates should be allowed (whole premise of the draft)
I don't necessarily disagree (that these players should have been invalid in this particular draft) - but it's a bit more complicated than it being the same national team.

In some ways the current Russian national team/federation is the (direct) successor to the old USSR team/federation - whereas the same is not the case for the current Ukrainian team/federation.

Same thing (or similar) for, say, Serbia (but not Croatia) and the old Yugoslavian team/federation.

Šjor Bepo

I don't necessarily disagree (that these players should have been invalid in this particular draft) - but it's a bit more complicated than it being the same national team.

In some ways the current Russian national team/federation is the (direct) successor to the old USSR team/federation - whereas the same is not the case for the current Ukrainian team/federation.

Same thing (or similar) for, say, Serbia (but not Croatia) and the old Yugoslavian team/federation.
Rules are fine as they are, only thing missing was a rule that doesnt allow teammates for this type of situations.

GodShaveTheQueen

Yea as I said, I am not competing the decision to allow the picks. They are hardly in the significant rounds anyways, so doesn't matter in the larger scheme of things. Just looks odd to me and opposite of the theme of draft.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Rules are fine as they are, only thing missing was a rule that doesnt allow teammates for this type of situations.
Yep - could have been stated that an actual team mate would count as ineligible regardless of the basic rule.

Still, it's hardly a big deal - more of a loophole type of thing of the sort that it's fair enough to let people take advantage of if they can (if you ask me).

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Maluco picks Lato.

Can someone update the table?

Can't edit the table itself (add rows/columns).