Protest at Old Trafford

Suv666

I might have missed something as I don't follow the situation closely, but what kind of violence happened?
Some guy threw a camera which probably belonged to a poor multi billion corporation. That is where the CAF draws the line. Too much violence.

Fergies Gum

If a handful of idiots attacked the police then by all means arrest and jail them - you won't hear a single complaint from me.

But feck some of the sanctimonious posts in this thread about respecting the Glazers private property. Running onto the pitch and waving the corner flag around hurts nobody, it's not like the megastore has been burned down or statues defaced.

Hashtags and grumbling online will never bother the glazers, but disrupting games? They will notice that.

Would be different if fans were travelling from all over the country to watch the game, the only people in the building are being paid to be there
Well said.

NewDawnFades

Silent protest is fine but damaging the stadium, gathering in a very large number during a pandemic and jeopardizing the match, they are not United fans. If people like these wants to control the club, then I am happy with Glazers.
What has silent protest achieved?

Peacefully protest, sure, but no criminal behaviour like today. But that won't help if the same protesters take their seats at the Stretford End.
We will have to disagree on this. I absolutely believe that, when other options have had no effect, non-violent protest, even if illegal, can be morally justifiable. The break in is a manifestation of the utter frustration within the support. Anyway, it's our club and our property; I don't care what the Glazers say.

PoTMS

Dave Jones is another idiot. Apparently the fans were "storming" the pitch. Oh, won't you think of the poor groundsmen?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
If a handful of idiots attacked the police then by all means arrest and jail them - you won't hear a single complaint from me.

But feck some of the sanctimonious posts in this thread about respecting the Glazers private property. Running onto the pitch and waving the corner flag around hurts nobody, it's not like the megastore has been burned down or statues defaced.

Hashtags and grumbling online will never bother the glazers, but disrupting games? They will notice that.

Would be different if fans were travelling from all over the country to watch the game, the only people in the building are being paid to be there
An excellent post

spiriticon

It’s not a dead rubber. It’s our chance to kill their top 4 hopes. We should be well up for it. I want blood today. Look at their defence.
A top 4 race for both these heavyweight clubs is really a bit of an anti climax when we're at 20-19 titles, let's be honest.

It should be much more than that.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Barry McChuckle ,54, fatally rounded after slipping on a Kebab. A official Manchester United tomato sauce sachet has been brought in for questioning.

The Irish Connection

The stewards clearly allowed them in, and the same at carrington last week. So, the club’s employees agree with the protests.

TheMitz

Imagine how it will be when they let us fans back in the stadium.

FreddieTheReddie

You're free to go and support another team. They're are plenty of them on across the continent.
This is just like when they say you should move abroad just because you don’t agree with the government. Why can’t you accept that there are other fans with different opinions and they have all the right to support the same club.

Spoony

The People's President
Feel sorry for the guys whose evening has been spoilt by these pointless protests.

Let's hope it happens next home game as well!

Shiva87

As a fan group, we should double down on the pundits and journos slating this protest and go after them on social media. (NO ABUSE PLEASE).

They need to be called out and told that protests have a purpose. The only 'ideal' / 'peaceful' form of protest which was remotely successful in history to my knowledge is the satyagraha movement by Gandhi. Even there, there is so much literature which says that the protests had not much to do with it but more the realisation that it costs too much to maintain control in a country as big is India.

Superunknown

A protest is about sending a message and, inevitably, some people will be pissed off by it in some way.

With this in mind, it's been very successful. What are the fans meant to do instead? Send a few nasty tweets, a couple of rounds of Kumbaya, and refuse to buy the Official Man Utd Lunch Box? As long as nobody is hurt and it doesn't turn into a full blown riot, which doesn't look to be the case here.

Dan_F

Looks like they were throwing missiles at them in the video I posted above then the police started to move them back.
feck off it was a couple of flares. Have you ever watched any big game anywhere else in Europe or South America.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I know it's true.
OK mate. I believe you, it’s great to have a totally unbiased source on the forum. One that knows that ambulances are generally on the scene for not very good things, no less.