Protest at Old Trafford

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Glazers do not give a feck. This will change nothing.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
are there games on the Wednesday before the final games on the Sunday?
Yes, what do you think the bolded WED refers to :lol:
THUR-SUN-WED- (weekened blank, but Liverpoolplay)-WED-SUN.

They surely either 1) play it tomorrow, or 2) move whoever Liverpool are playing to this midweek, and slot us in v them on our blank weekend.

I think they'd be loathe to do number 2 as that upsets another team.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Anyone who is taking the moral high ground against these protests don't care about your fans feeling against the owners, they couldn't care less whether the Glazers owned you or didn't. It's good to see them show their a*se about it. You've been protesting the owners for a decade on and off, peaceful protest has led you nowhere. Anyone with any bit of investment in fans actually having some ownership over the game is on the side of youse.

Fair play to your boys. I'm fully behind you lot. Wish Liverpool fans had a bit of this about them at the moment.
See, this scouser gets it. Cheers pal.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Wouldn't we be playing two days before that anyway? Whats the difference?
You play Sat/Weds so three full days usually. yes, sometimes you only get two full days but to play tomorrow when have to fly to rome is a bit much

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
There's always an idiot. And it's you Graham.

Scholesgoals

People started turning on the protesters because it messed up their sunday entertainment, some people turned on them at the mere mention of the possibility of a protest happening. Its been happening since day one and will continue to do so.

You see it whenever a protest for anything happens, people pick a side and then its just points scoring to see who can come out looking the best. You get people tarring all the protesters with the same brush because of individuals actions then when the boot is on the other foot its not all police officers are this or that and you shouldnt tar them all with the same brush. At the end of it nothing changes and those sat in their ivory towers watching from a distance like the glazers in this instance do so content in the knowledge that the masses will never be able to touch them because they can't even stop fighting and arguing between themselves for 5 minutes to realise they are all being played.
You're absolutely correct. Divide and conquer.

marktan

I'm disappointed.

I'm fully with the people protesting against Glazers, but not really with those who made this game postponed. I'm pretty sure they joind simply because something was happening. I could see faces of those who entered the pitch, they looked like idiots who wanted to have fun. And I'm totally against injuring people working at Old Trafford, throwing bottles at policemen or ruining things which don't belong to them (yes, fecking tripods and corner flags).

You've made your point, but you should know that loving the club is different for different people. If I love the club in a completely different way than you, and I don't support what you're doing, it doesn't mean I can't say or write it.

This should never affect the team and the players. We're playing a Euro semi-final away from home, we'll probably play Liverpool tomorrow... it will ruin our schedule which is not only about a game, but a number of them. I'm wondering... would they have done it hadn't we won 6-2 against Roma?

And all of you who are totally with those who wanted a riot, not a protest... I can't understand.
Because for some, it's been 17 years of trying and nothing's changed, and now the owner's are trying to make the club into a private, profit making franchise. Disrupting one game is miniscule in comparison to the wider picture of what's happening and what could happen in the near future for the club.

Imo the ramifications of leveraged buyouts in particular go far beyond just us, Burnley recently have been lumped with debt and will have to pay large figures of interest and it's something that could easily spread to most major clubs unless something is done. Every sector of society seems to spreading with this crap and the more people that speak out the better. It's been happening in the UK with Vet practices, hell 50 GP practices in London were recently taken over by a large American health insurer, for the sole purpose of making more profit. There has to be a line drawn somewhere where money's not the only thing matters, especially for cultural institutions.

Traub

Agree with the point of the protests, absolutely. I do think there’s a valid argument about the protesters picking and choosing which matches to disrupt. i.e. not the Europa league because you might win it. That part stinks for me, I’d have way more sympathy if they’d disrupted both, or if they went on to disrupt the Europa League final. I know people will use the ‘Liverpool game has the biggest audience’ argument, but I think that’s being deliberately blind to the facts.
Also easier to get more protestors on the weekend than midweek. Also, this protest has been planned since the ESL announcement.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
What fecking riot???
Who in here wanted a riot???
Do you know what a riot is or looks like???
Invading the ground is a riot.

I wouldn't say a word had the fans just made it harder for teams to enter the stadium etc. Vandalism, violence and destroying the stadium they all love is like a riot, sorry.

Skills

Snitch
Hopefully the punishment is to play next season behind closed doors. Our players seem to play better without the crowd anyway

I hate the way the media are trying to spin this, like we shouldn't have done it and nobody in the club would agree with it. Mentioning SAF's name in that. I'd like to think a bloke from a shipbuilding town in Scotland would fully understand why people might feel disillusioned with the establishment and refuse to comply with flag waving and letter writing.

Manny

Grammar Police
Sourness really milking the hell out of that thrown flare

Hester_manc

I stil think the game will be cancelled. If FA want to show the fans, that fans do not win anything by stopping a game, then they have to give the 3 points to Liverpool. Otherwise we can just do the same again next week and the week after that.

Jezpeza

This is one of the biggest games in world football and a huge talking point, europa isnt. And this includes Liverpool. It was the perfect game to do it
apparantly this game is so big in scandinavia the coverage starts 12 hours before kick off or something like that

Right, in the interests of keeping up the pressure, the question needs to be put out there: could we get a movement together that would get every home game abandoned until the Glazers leave? Let the F.A. do as they wish. If this just dies on the vine, what has it achieved? It could become the start of a great movement of direct action to force them out. I'm local and would get involved, and I'm sure many would travel to make it happen, but it needs big numbers. This moment shouldn't be allowed to dissipate.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The game being postponed is a massive deal and frankly the best outcome for football fans.

Those who thought it was just a few hundred people who won’t have an effect should hang their heads in shame. This is what’s needed. It’s what’s needed more and more and not just in football. You’re getting fecked over constantly in all walks of life and you see people finally doing something about it for once and you condemn it? You solely focus only on a few instances of what quite rightly should be condemned?

If only people showed this sort of passion more for what really matters.