Protest at Old Trafford

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Invading the ground is a riot.

I wouldn't say a word had the fans just made it harder for teams to enter the stadium etc. Vandalism, violence and destroying the stadium they all love is like a riot, sorry.
You have no idea what a riot is if you think that invasion of Old Trafford was a riot.

NK86

It was United's job to maintain security of the stadium . Also there have been instances where clubs have been punished for stuff fans have done
Has a club been docked points for fans' behavior. That's the question you have to ask.
Also it's mainly the responsibility of the stewards to maintain decorum. Not sure the club has the man power to impose any sort curbs on protests outside the ground or even within it if a large crowd comes.

0le

Former Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher on Sky Sports: "We can only speak about what we saw. Do we want fans storming stadiums left right and centre and getting games called off? No we don’t.

"I’m not going to sit here and criticise Man Utd fans because I'm Liverpool. Two weeks ago fans came together. There will always be idiots who get involved. I think it’s a good thing, protesting not being happy at what’s happened at the club.

"There will always be someone who takes it too far – not just in a protest. That’s a night out with mates. There’s always someone who does something stupid.

"We’ve lost a game of football but I almost accept that. I’m sure that [trouble] will dominate the news. It happens to fans all the time. One clip goes everywhere and there are lots of other people doing good things.

"I don’t want to see other supporters scoring points against Manchester United fans. The majority of Man Utd supporters were peaceful."
BBC

edgecutter

Souness just doesn't get it. he actually thought the Glazer's have invested their own money, he is so out of touch.

TheLoveless

Wow,that was truly a great example of fan power!But sadly I can’t see the Glazers budging even an inch because of this protest...They will leave whenever they feel it’s financially expedient to do so...
Which is what everybody would do, if they were in Glazer's position.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Fully supported the violence done on the police officer.
It will be difficult to fight against the Glazers when people are violent and agree with violence, unfortunately.

And you can't say it's just one poster, it's just one supporter - the more of it we have, the more they embarrass the club.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
its inside the clubs stadium, its entirely in their control.
It was United's job to maintain security of the stadium . Also there have been instances where clubs have been punished for stuff fans have done
The club can never be prepared for a protest on such a grand scale though. I can't see any punishment coming myself.

If it happens again in the future, the game getting cancelled etc, then the club might get punished.

lsd

The Oracle
Wow,that was truly a great example of fan power!But sadly I can’t see the Glazers budging even an inch because of this protest...They will leave whenever they feel it’s financially expedient to do so...

So pointless then

Caius

The game being postponed is a massive deal and frankly the best outcome for football fans.

Those who thought it was just a few hundred people who won’t have an effect should hang their heads in shame. This is what’s needed. It’s what’s needed more and more and not just in football. You’re getting fecked over constantly in all walks of life and you see people finally doing something about it for once and you condemn it? You solely focus only on a few instances of what quite rightly should be condemned?

If only people showed this sort of passion more for what really matters.
Just depressing how many people react to protests with the exact reaction the people in charge want them to have

Judas

Open to offers
Calling what happened today a riot is a slap in the fact of every actual riot thats ever happened. The people strolled into the ground through basically zero security. It wasn't a bloody riot.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I'm just floored that there are actually United supporters here who look at this and say "what's the point?". Fecking hell.
Apparently a broken Sky TV camera and the odd exposed beer belly is too big a price to pay for driving the leeches out of our club. They'll be the same ones moaning this summer if we don't sign Sancho, seemingly incapable of joining the dots.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Carragher and Neville are tag teaming the dumb presenter

TheReligion

Abusive
Calling what happened today a riot is a slap in the fact of every actual riot thats ever happened. The people strolled into the ground through basically zero security. It wasn't a bloody riot.
You've got no idea about what's been going on or what disorder is.

Look beyond the TV.

mikel

My point about his nationality is clear as day. Poland has experienced big and significant protests because their government have tried to put rules in place and run their country as if we're in the middle ages. If you live there, you'd know what I mean and I'd expect he does, so I tried to make a comparison close to home. Sometimes it works for people better than trying to overturn their sanctimonious point-of-view.

On the topic of MUFC, our 'football government' at Manchester United has been skimming the financial cream off this club for years, underinvesting and running us as a joke of an organisation, be it a football club or a business, and they should expect retaliation. The fans tried being nice, they tried discussions and these arseholes want to continue what they've been doing by running their PR machine with transfers rumours, pulling the wool over the fans' eyes and trying to convince them we're actually progressing, while running us as if we are some sort of a rich Brighton or Bournemouth.

On the second point, the guy hasn't got a point because this lovey-dovey bullshit a few of the people on here are spilling might as well be manna from heaven for the American leeches. Historically, you just don't get stuff done if you are just singing and holding hands together.

This nihillistic attitude of the poster (and others on here) would have us still seeding the fields for the barrons and dukes of the aristocracy in the current day. And yes, I do think stuff like today will damage the Glazers. In the eyes of the sponsors, in the eyes of the stock market, in the eyes of any other people who would want to partner with the club. It's not supposed to work if it's a one-off event but it's supposed to be a start of a movement. It might fail but it doesn't mean just chanting how much fans love Ole is the way to get change.

You (and others) are just too blinkered to see the bigger picture and how this disruption, be it somewhat over-the-top manner, might help the club in the long-term. It would lower our price as an asset, making us easier to sell, because there'll be a bigger pool of buyers. This also expands the pool of potential buyers.
somewhat over the top? They were throwing beer bottles. All this did was make it worse.

AngliaRed

Fecking well done Carra!

Sky presenter trying to get Him and Neville condem fans on the pitch and Carra defending them!

Great to see it!