Protest planned ahead of the Liverpool game

Hughie77

Luckhurst in bellend shocker.

It doesn’t matter that they already have the money from this fixture. The goal of the protest is to embarrass them on the international stage and encourage sponsors to make clear to the Glazers that they are poison and they don’t want to associate their brand with the club while they are there and the protests continue.

He really is a fecking embarrassment of a journalist
He is the guy is poor , he's a scaremongering at best .

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I'm literally here lads and there's no antagonism at all. Usual songs, few cans lobbed. No drama
Ll

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
Feck the PR and feck the "outrage" over a chant. Do you really think anyone else feels any real sympathy for this club? No amount of good PR is going to change the football world's opinion of us. As far as I'm concerned this is fans viscerally displaying their sheer contempt for what this club has become and for the owners who have basically plucked it clean and left behind a carcass. This is not an exercise in PR, this is genuine anger.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Did the Tollgate organize this to sell more beer? Seems it would have been better if they were at the stadium by now?
It's a real feck up the march isn't leaving until 7pm. Would cause chaos if we left now.

Master Yoda

The players would love for this match to be canceled. Stay calm and expose those frauds on the field.

Lecland07

Feck the PR and feck the "outrage" over a chant. Do you really think anyone else feels any real sympathy for this club? No amount of good PR is going to change the football world's opinion of us. As far as I'm concerned this is fans viscerally displaying their sheer contempt for what this club has become and for the owners who have basically plucked it clean and left behind a carcass. This is not an exercise in PR, this is genuine anger.
Wanting someone to die over football is all kinds of weird. Plus bottling busses (they don't even know if it is the squad one) is completely devoid of class.

Jack-C20

I'm literally here lads and there's no antagonism at all. Usual songs, few cans lobbed. No drama
Ll
Absolutely disgusting! Who the feck is wasting good beer?! Unless is Fosters or something then crack on.

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
Wanting someone to die over football is all kinds of weird. Plus bottling busses (they don't even know if it is the squad one) is completely devoid of class.
It's a chant. I'm pretty sure the fans don't actually want Joel Glazer to die. Many menacing chants have been sang at football grounds without the fans wanting the content of those chants to actually happen. Not that I want the slamming of busses with beer cans and bottles to happen either.

Ema_datsi

I'm not sure the "Joel Glazer's gonna die" chant is going to do the protestors PR image much good
Wish this were infront of that Joel’s house. These Glazers, especially Joel, deserve all the verbal abuse. Unlike his siblings, this jackoff is failing and yet doesn’t have the sense to sell up and fek off. Rat-tail Avram seems to be high most of the time, doubt he knows what’s going on.

RedDevilQuebecois

I'm not sure the "Joel Glazer's gonna die" chant is going to do the protestors PR image much good

Oh, please. I'm sure that Liverpool fans hurled far worse stuff at Hicks and Gillett back in the days. I remember that George Gillett's son said that Liverpool supporters were so hostile to him up close and personal that he never wanted to set foot over there again.

Screw the PR and the politically correct crap. The leeches have asked for it.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Perhaps I'm bias in working in pubs, but drunk football fans and mob mentality never end well, despite whatever cause.

These lot are going to take it too far.

Loony BoB

If the vocal minority end up alienating themselves from the quiet(er) majority of fans who want Glazers out by using chants and taking actions that the majority disagree with, the minority will only shoot themselves in the foot. As the protesters will no doubt agree, the problems lie at the top. The organisers need to work hard to avoid this kind of thing if they want people to join them and to grow the vocal minority into a real seriously taken group against the Glazer's ownership.

ROFLUTION

Huge crowd at the pub but all the drama at the ground is going to happen to late.
While i probably agree with you, you can’t change it now, and you’ve made at least 3 posts about this. Whether you’re right or not, join in anyways if you’re there in manchester - no “i told you so” posts will change anything neither. Let’s all help in any way we can, with what we have under the circumstances that are.

rk4utd

Mickeys arrived at 6.40 - no problems as far as I could see

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Oh, please. I'm sure that Liverpool fans hurled far worse stuff at Hicks and Gillett back in the days. I remember that George Gillett's son said that Liverpool supporters were so hostile to him up close and personal that he never wanted to set foot over there again.

Screw the PR and the politically correct crap. The leeches have asked for it.
I'm not sure the "they did it so it's okay" excuse is as good as you think it is.

ROFLUTION

The goal is to make them sell. Dont see how chants like this should ruin any of that. Glazers should feel fear/angry mob atmosphere, else they’ll never sell the club.

wangyu

The shock when a few bottles are thrown or an awkward chant is sung, hilarious.
Have you guys actually seen footage how it was like in the 70s and 80s, that was shocking fan behavior….
I mean you have been in a pub on a Friday or Saturday night right?

klsv

Love how a bunch of sad losers just sit on here and have something to say about every move the protesters do. Hope you lot are going to give your expert opinions on how to protest BEFORE the next action takes place. Might be a bit more productive than moaning on here during and after.