Protest planned ahead of the Liverpool game

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Good could do with getting another game against Liverpool called off

Morpheus 7

It's going to be crazy, feel the anger and push off the fans spilling over now. Had enough of these absolute thieves. Hope the momentum brings the end of these bstrds.

userman

100% behind this! Be loud and proud - feck off Glazers!

Theo88

15 years ago, in Athens Greece, 35k madlads gathered in the centre of the capital and made their views about the at the time Panathinaikos owner as clear and loud as possible. 35k for a team that has a couple of million fans across the country. They got what they wanted soon after.

Man Utd should do something significantly bigger. I hope it’s peaceful and i hope people deliver a statement. Good luck.

Varun

Staff
Hope it's a roaring success. Get the game cancelled if possible. These cancerous cnuts need to be forced out

Micky Targaryen

Season upon season, my optimism for football renews despite all the shithousery that's going on in our club. Always been looking forward to each matchday even during the dark days of the post-Fergie era (not so much during Moyes's time :houllier:).

But I think this is the first time I wouldn't mind if we could all collectively boycott/get the matches cancelled and not play a game until the Glazers are forced out. I've never really been necessarily anti-Glazers, but enough is enough.

Loon

:lol:
Gonna be a ton of Manchester Met Police on rest day working money this Monday. Want it loud, proud, but --please-- non-violent,

Telsim

Get the game cancelled. It's pointless otherwise. The parasites won't be there to see the the few flares being let off or to hear the chants.

Sviken

Game needs to be cancelled. That'll send a very strong message indeed

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Few thousand fans walk on to the pitch before kick off and stay there. Slowly and peacefully.
Few stewards won't be able to stop them.

Hughes35

Few thousand fans walk on to the pitch before kick off and stay there. Slowly and peacefully.
Few stewards won't be able to stop them.
Something like this really is the answer. Just thousands of fans sat on the pitch. Not running about causing problems or damage...... Just sit there.

Do it regularly at games. Proper peaceful but disruptive protests.

K Stand Knut

15 years ago, in Athens Greece, 35k madlads gathered in the centre of the capital and made their views about the at the time Panathinaikos owner as clear and loud as possible. 35k for a team that has a couple of million fans across the country. They got what they wanted soon after.

Man Utd should do something significantly bigger. I hope it’s peaceful and i hope people deliver a statement. Good luck.
Unfortunately, the amount of worldwide United fans had the opposite effect on the situation

ForeverRed1

I want this game cancelled. As bad as that sounds, it puts immense pressure on these owners to act.

hitting then where it hurts is the ONLY way they leave.

K Stand Knut

Something like this really is the answer. Just thousands of fans sat on the pitch. Not running about causing problems or damage...... Just sit there.

Do it regularly at games. Proper peaceful but disruptive protests.
Yeah. Get arrested and lose your ‘privilege’ to a ticket as well as a criminal record at the same time. Possibly losing your career as you go.

After a few games, home tickets would be infinitely easier to get hold of.

What a shit idea

AlexUTD

Yeah. Get arrested and lose your ‘privilege’ to a ticket as well as a criminal record at the same time. Possibly losing your career as you go.

What a shit idea
Seriously doubt new owners would stop you from buying tickets for protesting against Glazers. Criminal record for peaceful protesting while sitting on grass?

Stop this silly scare mongering. Almost sounds like you work for them.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband

What a shit idea
Wow thats dramatic.

They cant arrest 5000 people.
Were the lads that did it a few months ago all arrested and convicted? Did they lose their jobs?

Protest involves sticking your neck out -

The Glazers will continue to bleed the club dry and as long as "protests" are not damaging to revenue then who cares!

K Stand Knut

Seriously doubt new owners would stop you from buying tickets for protesting against Glazers. Criminal record for peaceful protesting while sitting on grass?

Stop this silly scare mongering. Almost sounds like you work for them.
It is a simple criminal offence to enter the field of play.

I presume with your big words you’ll be the first on the pitch leading these protests and laughing at the police as they read out your charge of committing the aforementioned criminal offence.

Go for it. Sounds like a right goer

K Stand Knut

Wow thats dramatic.

They cant arrest 5000 people.
Were the lads that did it a few months ago all arrested and convicted? Did they lose their jobs?

Protest involves sticking your neck out -

The Glazers will continue to bleed the club dry and as long as "protests" are not damaging to revenue then who cares!
do you live in a cave?

Yes, loads of people were arrested and convicted of various offences.

You’re right that they won’t lock up 5000 people but I’ll almost guarantee that the CCTV from the stadium will be used to prosecute people.

Sensible protesting is needed, which is what the 1958 are calling for along with it being lawful. Encroachment on the pitch is not lawful so would not be openly condoned by the groups trying to push these protests.

By all means, go for it. Go on the pitch. Report back to me with when your court date is

Godfather

The protests need a new dimension. The Apollo plans don't sound too good. Let them know we want the club sold to Ratcliffe.

ShamrockD

Supports
Panathinaikos

I was one of them. To be clear, we did not get exactly what we wanted, since they only sold a small portion to the new investors (as we are hearing now for United) and kept >60%. Later on, after giving up the management for 2 years, they returned and burned the team into the ground. We never recovered since then. But it’s a long story, and Glazers are saints compared to ours.

Still, there is a similarity for United to what happened to us. A change can come if there is a crack, and the crack will come if the team is at its worst. Ratcliff is here, as for Panathinaikos, at our worst moments someone appeared. We need to pressure and pressure. Not only in match days, but every day, and why not at a global scale, we now have social media which can play a big role and fans from all over the world can help. But yes, a huge protest is needed in Manchester, a huge one - preferably at the same time with a match.

Do not miss this opportunity - the stars are now aligned for things to happen. Hopefully things will be organized by fans soon. And do not repeat our mistake and accept anything less than a full sale to Ratcliff and not to a random consortium.

Reactions: Penna

Ldn FanBoy

do you live in a cave?

Yes, loads of people were arrested and convicted of various offences.

You’re right that they won’t lock up 5000 people but I’ll almost guarantee that the CCTV from the stadium will be used to prosecute people.

Sensible protesting is needed, which is what the 1958 are calling for along with it being lawful. Encroachment on the pitch is not lawful so would not be openly condoned by the groups trying to push these protests.

By all means, go for it. Go on the pitch. Report back to me with when your court date is

So what's your suggestion? Out of interest, to make a clear point to the owners. I'm not sure booing or a walkout at a certain time will be as effective. What is sensible protesting?

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Mount pressure on the glazers, now is the time
I don't usually support protests, but now is the time to push the Glazers and help the new potential buyer.
Also will make your name better ;)

iKnowNothing

Some things are worth more than 3 points on the pitch, the banter and rivalry.

Protest peacefully and obviously without breaking any laws of the land. The fans voices needs to be heard. It’s been long overdue. I just wish the protests don’t stop or dwindle down if the club announces a shiny new signing (FdJ, Casemiro, Caceido, SMS or whoever else).

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Some things are worth more than 3 points on the pitch, the banter and rivalry.

Protest peacefully and obviously without breaking any laws of the land. The fans voices needs to be heard. It’s been long overdue. I just wish the protests don’t stop or dwindle down if the club announces a shiny new signing (FdJ, Casemiro, Caceido, SMS or whoever else).
I was going to say that. Protest, make your opinion heard and seen but don't put yourself in serious troubles.

Arthur Pewty

Supports
Manchester City
I am no fan of the Glazers, most certainly not.

But I note in the leaflet above, these words, "An ownership that is systematically starving and killing the greatest football institution in world football, for greed".

Sure they are killing it. But starving it? And for greed? How can anyone claim they've starved United when you have spent more money on transfers in the last 10 years than any other club in the world? You sit at the very top, having spent more than anyone else. How is that "starving" you exactly?

Seems to me the reason to get rid of them is just sheer incompetence, not financial starvation. They are either hands-on, and accountable for the many mistakes and serial underperformance. Or they are hands off, but have appointed the wrong people and not fired them soon enough. In which case they are also accountable. Any which way, IMO fault for your predicament lies with the Glazers. But you cannot accuse them of starving the club. Just accuse them of being utterly useless.

(And yes, I know the Glazers have not been funding your spending with their own cash reserves - it's all United's money that's been spent, but nevertheless they have allowed you to spend it.)

Reactions: Dargonk

K Stand Knut

So what's your suggestion? Out of interest, to make a clear point to the owners. I'm not sure booing or a walkout at a certain time will be as effective. What is sensible protesting?
I will leave it to the ‘experts’ who are going about it as best as they can organising marches etc., which I will partake in. BUT they are quite clear and vociferous with their opinion that the protests should be lawful and not draw negative press to the protests, which detracts from their aims.

If people want to go on the pitch or commit other offences, as minor as they may be, go for it. I’m just pointing out the issue with that approach and how daft it is. Some people will continue to do it no matter what I or others say but it solves nothing and doesn’t help anyone but the Glazers