Protest planned before Norwich game

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
The fact that it sends out the wrong message to the players?

They will feel liberated, almost like the blame isn't on them for our atrocious season, when it is.

As for the Glazers, they've signed three star names last summer, have started the restructure of the club behind the scenes, and appear to be going for the manager the majority would like in the dugout. Plus Woodward is gone, I'm not sure what else people expect them to do. It's not like the club isn't well backed in the transfer window.

I'd be all for protesting the players lack of grace and effort on the pitch, but not the Glazers at this precise time.
Another one that has misinterpreted what the protests are actually about or not bothered to read the statement/updates from the protest group.

This isn't about the players, or a poor season and no one has said it is.

The Glazers have not implemented the changes that they promised after the Liverpool game protest, hence there will be another protest to make sure that these changes are implemented.

The Glazers have so far made good progress when it comes to the structure of the club, but the share scheme, stadium updates and other promises made after the protests have not come to fruition.

Not sure why protesting about the owners lethargy has anything to do with sending a message to the players? If anything it probably highlights that the fans do actually care deeply about the club and want things to be turned around quickly.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Anyone planning on going to the protest.. What are you hoping to achieve? They're not going to sell the club, so I don't understand the end goal.

The successful Super League protest had the clear goal and reason. This one feels like it's a protest against the results.

I'm not trying to belittle the protest by the way, I applaud people who go out of their way and try to make a change, but much like the one earlier in the season, I can't see this being anything other than a damp squib.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
My only issue with the Glazers is about letting the infrastructure/stadium decline to an unacceptable level. Hindsight's always a wonderful thing and anyone who says they weren't gassed when we signed Di Maria, Shaw, Herrera, Blind and Falcao in the one window, when we signed Pogba, when we signed Sanchez, when we got Cavani, when we signed Sancho, Ronaldo and Varane is just talking bullshit. Managers have been backed. You can't blame the Glazers for most of those players seriously underachieving and whining about them stinking the place out every week. I would say the only dud that was not universally warmly received was Maguire.

I'm not completely sure what the fans are protesting about in terms of the human resources but the Glazers certainly need to be investing more in our infrastructure, that's for sure.

I'm more concerned about why all these big names are coming to United and looking like shite overnight.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Start by getting off your high horse and boo the shit of our team. Yes, the whole lot of them, and if DDG happens to be in the firing line so be it.
That's harsh on DDG. He's our player of the season!

TheRedDevil2019

Another one that has misinterpreted what the protests are actually about or not bothered to read the statement/updates from the protest group.

The Glazers have not implemented the changes that they promised after the Liverpool game protest, hence there will be another protest to make sure that these changes are implemented.

The Glazers have so far made good progress when it comes to the structure of the club, but the share scheme, stadium updates and other promises made after the protests have not come to fruition.

Not sure why protesting about the owners lethargy has anything to do with sending a message to the players? If anything it probably highlights that the fans do actually care deeply about the club and want things to be turned around quickly.

Well then the priorities are all wrong...

The protest really should be aimed at some of the players. The same players that swore at fans in the car park, or how about our club captain that mugged all the fans off when he cusped his ears. But yeah let's keep supporting the players while they quite literally insult and mock us with their efforts on and off the pitch.

The players have had it so soft in comparison to the board.

The Glazers are looking into revamping Old Trafford there are stories all over the web about this in recent months. The training ground is also set for further investment and a large scale revamp.

So again, why protest the Glazers now? For a meaningless seat on the board? Which won't carry much weight behind it regardless. Seems ridiculous to protest them.

I'll also point out that the Glazers freeze our season ticket prices year after year, funny how people forget that...

Last edited:

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

I’m not convinced that’s the case unless there’s some other information I’m missing. The poster literally starts with it’s time to go again and “remove the head off the snake” - that’s about forcing them out. It doesn’t mention anything about what they have promised or failed to deliver. This group isn’t involved in the negotiations around the fan share scheme - MUST are - and they haven’t as yet called for a protest.

Red00012

Season ticket holders paid for the tickets almost 12 months ago, think the late entry protest will be effective.
Im pretty sure the glaziers don’t even know what day of the week we are due to play again

Chripper

If people want to protest, it's fine by me, but the timing doesn't really sit right with me.

Surely, the smart with would be to wait till a new manager is on board? I'm scared that a planned demonstration (if it's anything like what happened before the Liverpool match) may scare of potential managers.

Is this a protest to tell the Glazers that they aren't wanted?

Oh. And as far as my "War analogy". I retract it. The point wasn't well made.

Last edited:

Champ

So, it's just a general protest and whether we are playing shite or not, there would still be a protest?
Yeah, considering its been planned for a while, I guess so.
It was designated for the Super League 'anniversary' originally I think.

Champ

I’m not convinced that’s the case unless there’s some other information I’m missing. The poster literally starts with it’s time to go again and “remove the head off the snake” - that’s about forcing them out. It doesn’t mention anything about what they have promised or failed to deliver. This group isn’t involved in the negotiations around the fan share scheme - MUST are - and they haven’t as yet called for a protest.
This group have called for MUST support, who so far have stayed silent other than some demeaning tweets.

This group are asking for MUST to stake a side, Glazers in or out,
And so far silence it seems.

To me the important thing is if the Glazers are going to stay then they need to be told repeatedly that certain promises have to be kept in order for the club and fans in particular to move forward, protests are the only way it seems for the fans to be heard

Bosws87

I'll stay out the ground till 17 minutes has gone not sure i'll head directly to the protest, but ill do my part.

Hate people's mentality of shitting on anything before it's even started (this won't work, they won't care and so on) we all have the same goal i don't care how you think is the best way, do it your way the more the better, the pathetic elitism and infighting of fans is only a plus to the people in charge, look at the bigger picture.

Banana Republic

Glazers Out, don’t make me laugh.
They own the fekkin club. They can’t be forced out.
What‘s the protest trying to achieve?
Telling the world we don’t like the owners of the club?
That’s not exactly news to anyone.
Sorry lads, but it’s a total nonsense and a completely self defeating, futile exercise.
It won’t bother them one bit and the players, who should be the butt of our current frustrations, get off scot free.
Probably cheered when they put in another shite performance.

We’re an embarrassment at the moment. Protesting at this time wil just make Utd look an even bigger joke.
It’ll just set us up nicely for the humiliating hammering we’ll be getting at Anfield, 3 days later.

Last edited:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Why do we always blame the Glazers? The Glazers have spent money on players and given us what we want. Its their club, If we dont like it, lets all the fans in the world bring their savings and make them a crazy offer that they cant refuse

If we were winning trophies, we wouldn't care about the Glazers, talkless of board management
If my auntie had bollocks she'd be my uncle. It's our club and those slime moulds can't feck off out of it too quickly.

UnRational

I'll stay out the ground till 17 minutes has gone not sure i'll head directly to the protest, but ill do my part.

Hate people's mentality of shitting on anything before it's even started (this won't work, they won't care and so on) we all have the same goal i don't care how you think is the best way, do it your way the more the better, the pathetic elitism and infighting of fans is only a plus to the people in charge, look at the bigger picture.
Fair play to you mate

The Irish Connection

Exactly. Well done man.
I have a brother in law in Manchester and he will be joining the protest.
If I was over I’d do the same.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
This group have called for MUST support, who so far have stayed silent other than some demeaning tweets.

This group are asking for MUST to stake a side, Glazers in or out,
And so far silence it seems.

To me the important thing is if the Glazers are going to stay then they need to be told repeatedly that certain promises have to be kept in order for the club and fans in particular to move forward, protests are the only way it seems for the fans to be heard
Why should MUST answer to some anonymous Twitter account?

Actually completely hypocritical of The 1958 to talk about unity since they slagged off both MUST and TRA (the 2 most prominent Man Utd supporter organisations).
The whole 'are you with us or against us?' is a childish stance which will only lead to further infighting in the fanbase

Still I have no issue with fans protesting, it won't lead to the Glazers leaving but it is still important to send a clear message that we are not happy with the lack of progress on promises made following the ESL protests last year (share scheme, infrastructure improvements etc)

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

We do not have the same goal, I'm fine with the glazer. I'm not fine with the players.

You're fine with the players, you're not fine with the glazers.

In my eyes the glazers are a good owner who continue to finance our footballing side, and continue to listen to the fans (yes, Ole was fans favorite back then, rangnick, not renewing pogba, and now ETH seems to be closing) I have no doubt the read this site. They get many decisions wrong, but every step they're getting there. Plus they actually own the club and in no immediate need to sell, I live with that fact and accept it.

Look at the bigger picture, they're far from the worst owner in football. If you want to protest the players for giving pathetic effort I'm up for it.

K Stand Knut

We do not have the same goal, I'm fine with the glazer. I'm not fine with the players.

In my eyes the glazers are a good owner who continue to finance our footballing side, and continue to listen to the fans (yes, Ole was fans favorite back then, rangnick, not renewing pogba, and now ETH seems to be closing) I have no doubt the read this site. They get many decisions wrong, but every step they're getting there. Plus they actually own the club and in no immediate need to sell, I live with that fact and accept it.

Look at the bigger picture, they're far from the worst owner in football. If you want to protest the players for giving pathetic effort I'm up for it.
oh. feck. No!!!!!

Utd heap

Models for Coin.

Hahaha.

Champ

Why should MUST answer to some anonymous Twitter account?

Actually completely hypocritical of The 1958 to talk about unity since they slagged off both MUST and TRA (the 2 most prominent Man Utd supporter organisations).
The whole 'are you with us or against us?' is a childish stance which will only lead to further infighting in the fanbase

Still I have no issue with fans protesting, it won't lead to the Glazers leaving but it is still important to send a clear message that we are not happy with the lack of progress on promises made following the ESL protests last year (share scheme, infrastructure improvements etc)
I agree with a lot of what your saying, and I am a little perturbed by some of the 1958s videos and ideals, but I do think it is important for MUST and TRA to pin a flag to a mast in this.

If all supporter groups are singing off the same hymn sheer then it creates a bigger entity for the owners to deal with.

I believe the main aim of this protest is to highlight the lack of clarity and resolution in the super League promises, albeit tinged heavily with an anti glazer stance.
And also to raise awareness of the way United are being run.

MUW4Eva

I agree with a lot of what your saying, and I am a little perturbed by some of the 1958s videos and ideals, but I do think it is important for MUST and TRA to pin a flag to a mast in this.

If all supporter groups are singing off the same hymn sheer then it creates a bigger entity for the owners to deal with.

I believe the main aim of this protest is to highlight the lack of clarity and resolution in the super League promises, albeit tinged heavily with an anti glazer stance.
And also to raise awareness of the way United are being run.
This is part of the problem, you "believe" what the main aim is, because it hasn't at all been made clear what the aim is.

Just protesting for the sake of it, to be seen doing something.

To get on TV, to get clicks and likes on videos is more likely the reality.

This or other protests will not change anything, that is the real reality.

People can pump up their own self importance, and claim this or that, but it will of course be hyped up, but then what, what happens after it has finished, the day after, the day after that, the day after that, etc etc??

Nothing really, it will be business as usual, people will still go on the tour, people will still go to the physical Megastore, people will use the online shop etc etc.

I get the need to find a suitable avenue to vent your frustrations, and anger, and protesting is the easiest manner possible to do just that, however, just as long as people understand that protesting for a few hours, (or however long this particular one will last for) will not change anything about how the owners run the club.

Chanting "We want Glazers out!", or whatever, and letting off flares etc, all the while they are in America, not hearing or seeing any of this, has to be understood.

Champ

This is part of the problem, you "believe" what the main aim is, because it hasn't at all been made clear what the aim is.

Just protesting for the sake of it, to be seen doing something.

To get on TV, to get clicks and likes on videos is more likely the reality.

This or other protests will not change anything, that is the real reality.

People can pump up their own self importance, and claim this or that, but it will of course be hyped up, but then what, what happens after it has finished, the day after, the day after that, the day after that, etc etc??

Nothing really, it will be business as usual, people will still go on the tour, people will still go to the physical Megastore, people will use the online shop etc etc.

I get the need to find a suitable avenue to vent your frustrations, and anger, and protesting is the easiest manner possible to do just that, however, just as long as people understand that protesting for a few hours, (or however long this particular one will last for) will not change anything about how the owners run the club.

Chanting "We want Glazers out!", or whatever, and letting off flares etc, all the while they are in America, not hearing or seeing any of this, has to be understood.
Blimey, you don't seem to be getting it at all!

The reason this group is largely anonymous is to get away from the likes and clicks etc.

Also they have stated clearly what they believe in and want, and these protests will be an ongoing occurrence until change has been made, whether that be with the Glazers or without.

The simple fact is, without trying to change the direction of the club, we are essentially complicit in the general malaise the club finds itself in. The fans have tried to engage in discourse recently with the owners which so far has seen promises not kept. Time has come to step things up a notch again.

I know you don't understand it, so I would advise you to read up about he aims of the 1958 group, read the statement regarding this protest again, and maybe then you will have a greater comprehension of the situation.

MUW4Eva

Blimey, you don't seem to be getting it at all!

The reason this group is largely anonymous is to get away from the likes and clicks etc.

Also they have stated clearly what they believe in and want, and these protests will be an ongoing occurrence until change has been made, whether that be with the Glazers or without.

The simple fact is, without trying to change the direction of the club, we are essentially complicit in the general malaise the club finds itself in. The fans have tried to engage in discourse recently with the owners which so far has seen promises not kept. Time has come to step things up a notch again.

I know you don't understand it, so I would advise you to read up about he aims of the 1958 group, read the statement regarding this protest again, and maybe then you will have a greater comprehension of the situation.
Unless this new group has some idea of where a new buyer who has access to circa 7 or 8 billion pounds is, then protesting is pointless, as the Glazers won't be affected all the way in America by a few people letting off a few flares for s couple of hours, or people who have already given them money, not taking their seats for a few minutes into the game.

A protest once every now & then for what a few hours, how exactly is that going to change anything??

It will get headlines for a few hours sure, but then something else newer will come along and knock it off, and the media will talk about something else, as is always the case.

All this talk of putting pressure on them to change their way of how they operate with us, is complete hogwash, chanting and letting off flares will not do that.

Only actual dialogue will perhaps do so, and even then, any dialogue has to start with the understanding that they are in full control, they don't have to do a single thing, or change anything, if they don't wish to.

I get it, as it is a very hard thing to fully grasp, that we as fans, have absolutely no say in changing their minds.
It is unbelievably frustrating and annoying, and also deeply concerning.

I want nothing more personally then to see them investing in a new stadium for the women's side, investing in high quality players for the women's side, investing in a proper scouting network for the women's side, and a specific and dedicated Director of Football for the women's side, plus coaches laid on to get people to and from home and away games.
All of which the owners could easily do if they so wished.

However, me or others going outside Leigh Sports Village or Old Trafford to protest and chant "We want better accessibility to women's games!!", will not change their minds in any way sadly.

Things will only change when they feel it is best suited for them to do so.

Champ

Unless this new group has some idea of where a new buyer who has access to circa 7 or 8 billion pounds is, then protesting is pointless, as the Glazers won't be affected all the way in America by a few people letting off a few flares for s couple of hours, or people who have already given them money, not taking their seats for a few minutes into the game.

A protest once every now & then for what a few hours, how exactly is that going to change anything??

It will get headlines for a few hours sure, but then something else newer will come along and knock it off, and the media will talk about something else, as is always the case.

All this talk of putting pressure on them to change their way of how they operate with us, is complete hogwash, chanting and letting off flares will not do that.

Only actual dialogue will perhaps do so, and even then, any dialogue has to start with the understanding that they are in full control, they don't have to do a single thing, or change anything, if they don't wish to.

I get it, as it is a very hard thing to fully grasp, that we as fans, have absolutely no say in changing their minds.
It is unbelievably frustrating and annoying, and also deeply concerning.

I want nothing more personally then to see them investing in a new stadium for the women's side, investing in high quality players for the women's side, investing in a proper scouting network for the women's side, and a specific and dedicated Director of Football for the women's side, plus coaches laid on to get people to and from home and away games.
All of which the owners could easily do if they so wished.

However, me or others going outside Leigh Sports Village or Old Trafford to protest and chant "We want better accessibility to women's games!!", will not change their minds in any way sadly.

Things will only change when they feel it is best suited for them to do so.
To the bold part - that's where you are very very wrong.

We hold all the power, yes I highly doubt the Glazers will sell up due to some protests, but it will force a further debate and force some change upon how the Glazers view and run the club.

You strike me as very defeatist, which I get this season has done that to most of us on here, but to claim that nothing can be done, or that our entire existence as fans is pointless is so very not true.

You stated yourself 'Things will only change when they feel it is best suited for them to do so', if we force the issue as to make things uncomfortable for them then it will be best suited for them to change or eventually sell up.

United Hobbit

I hope the protest is carried on into the ground and those wankers on the pitch get a hard time too. They are THE biggest problem at the moment.
Agreed! Sick of the sight of them strolling round the pitch, putting in no effort, and uncaring while fans spend their hard earned money, that won't come close to what they earn in a week, watching their "performances"

MUW4Eva

To the bold part - that's where you are very very wrong.

We hold all the power, yes I highly doubt the Glazers will sell up due to some protests, but it will force a further debate and force some change upon how the Glazers view and run the club.

You strike me as very defeatist, which I get this season has done that to most of us on here, but to claim that nothing can be done, or that our entire existence as fans is pointless is so very not true.

You stated yourself 'Things will only change when they feel it is best suited for them to do so', if we force the issue as to make things uncomfortable for them then it will be best suited for them to change or eventually sell up.
The protests will force a debate in the media for a few hours or so when this is headline news, before they move onto something new, be it Chelsea being bought or something else, the debate in regards to the Glazers will be over in a day or so, this isn't defeatist, this is just the reality of modern 24 hour media, where they crave "new".
A protest that happened yesterday to them won't be leading any headlines, once it becomes yesterday.

Sadly the only people that hold the power are the shareholders, and the people with the most, and the ones with most voting rights are the Glwzers, so they will do what is in their own best interests, for as long as they want to do so.
A tiny fraction of the overall worldwide fan base being outside Old Trafford for a small amount of time, means nothing to them, with respect there will be far more fans not at the protest, then will be there joining in, as there are a lot of people overseas who won't be involved.

So thinking these protests have any long term impact is somewhat being a fair bit egotistical.

As long as the money is rolling in, and it very much still is, from all over the globe, them that is what is important to them.

I know people want to feel empowered, want to feel a sense of worth towards the club, but that really sadly isn't the case anymore.

It is very disheartening, very much soul crushing, but without having the whole of the fan base on board, from all around the world, in one voice, all having the same ideals, be it a new stadium for the women's team, more investment in the women's team, upgrading the facilities at Old Trafford, the share scheme, or putting on coaches to Leigh Sports Village and back, whatever, we need to speak in one voice, if there is even a small remote chance of making them make any significant changes.
Because right now, we are very much splintered, we have fans attacking other fans, we have groups attacking other groups etc.
Divided we fall and all that.

Until we can ALL come together with one voice, then having random protests, where nothing changes, with just a token number of people, then they will remain ego trips for those involved.