Protest planned before Norwich game

RedDevilRoshi

Don’t know if it has been mentioned nor posted anywhere but apparently another Glazer Out protest planned this Saturday before and during the first 17 mins of the Norwich game this Saturday:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMLXH9aGC/

Personally never heard of this 1958 group?

Red00012

Glaziers are going nowhere but hey let’s stay outside until the 17th minute for a ticket that has already been paid for.

Ahmer Baig

And what good will the protest do when the tickets have already been bought? Real protest would be boycotting the games and not buying tickets.

Banana Republic

I can understand the frustration and I’m no fan of the Glazer’s ownership, but it makes me laugh when they want them to ”leave” and to get “out”.
It’s a meaningless nonsense.
It’s the Glazer’s friggin‘ club after all. They own it. They’re not guests or employees.
We are stuck with them as the owners, until they decide to cash in and sell up (if they ever do).
They’ll only sell when they choose to and fan protests won’t play any part in that.
$$$$$

In any case, the timing is totally wrong, as we have no idea what sort of changes are being planned or going on behind the scenes.
A new manager is being appointed and we have a new CEO who may want to make radical changes within the club at the end of the season.
We just don’t know.

The Irish Connection

Fair play to all involved if it goes ahead. Emptying large parts of the stadium for some of the match would send a message.

Chripper

War in Ukraine. Thousands dying and dead. Women and children being raped. Possible start of World War III.

But yeah, let's protest about football. The potential of finishing 8th in the EPL... the horrors...

The self of self entitlement is shocking. Yes. We might finish 8th. Actually, I think we will. But the Glazer's aren't totally to blame: The fans wanted rid of Moyes. Done. The fans wanted rid of LVG. Done. The fans wanted rid of Jose. Done. The fans wanted rid of Ole. Done.

On the face of it, the fans keep getting what they want and yet they still bitch and whine.

No wonder the players think they can rule the roost. All they have to do is down-tools, look like they've never kicked a football in their life, the manager will blamed by the fans. Fired.

Rinse and repeat.

But fine. If fans want to protest against the Glazer's. Fine. By all means.

Last edited:

Yakuza_devils

Glazers are not the problem (yes, they take dividends every year).
We have the highest spent for the last decade. More than Real, Barca, BM, City and Liverpool.
They have also committed to improve the club's infrastructures.

The problem was the management team he entrusted especially our dear Ed.
We have an accountant who ran our football club disastrously making every rookie mistakes you can think of for the last 8 fecking years.

The current team, Arnold delegates the football side to Murtough. Early days but it seems not much improvement from the previous team.
They brought in a gegenpressing interim coach only to completely abandon the philosophy 3 months in.
They have also completely abandon the plan of laying foundation for next season high intensity football.
Now the players jog around the pitch match after match.

Who is calling the shots to implement a system and stick to it for long term benefit to the club?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
We have the highest spent for the last decade. More than Real, Barca, BM, City and Liverpool.

We have an accountant who ran our football club disastrously making every rookie mistakes you can think of for the last 8 fecking years.
This.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Whilst I can't wait for the Glazers to leave, if we can make better decisions around player recruitment and raise the standard of coaching at this club, we might taste some success even with them here.

We don't need heaps more investment (at least in the team) apart from getting in a few younger and dedicated players with raw talent. We also need better football thinkers and strategists at an operational day-to-day level.

Tavern in the town

War in Ukraine. Thousands dying and dead. Women and children being raped. Possible start of World War III.

But yeah, let's protest about football. The potential of finishing 8th in the EPL... the horrors...

The self of self entitlement is shocking. Yes. We might finish 8th. Actually, I think we will. But the Glazer's aren't totally to blame: The fans wanted rid of Moyes. Done. The fans wanted rid of LVG. Done. The fans wanted rid of Jose. Done. The fans wanted rid of Ole. Done.

On the face of it, the fans keep getting what they want and yet they still bitch and whine.

No wonder the players think they can rule the roost. All they have to do is down-tools, look like they've never kicked a football in their life, the manager will blamed by the fans. Fired.

Rinse and repeat.

This is really strange. We’re allowed to feel shit about our football club even if worse things are happening elsewhere in the world.

Spaghetti

Mom's

The current team, Arnold delegates the football side to Murtough. Early days but it seems not much improvement from the previous team.
They brought in a gegenpressing interim coach only to completely abandon the philosophy 3 months in.
They have also completely abandon the plan of laying foundation for next season high intensity football.
Now the players jog around the pitch match after match.

Who is calling the shots to implement a system and stick to it for long term benefit to the club?
Of course they have spent a lot of money on players. It doesn’t mean they spend it correctly. If the owner of Coca Cola spent 10bn dollars on a printer, with 1bn per week maintenance, it wouldn’t make him a good business owner, it would make him an idiot.

Spaghetti

Mom's

Rinse and repeat.

I think you’re on the wrong forum pal. This is a football forum, of course the gripes are going to be of a “lower level” than mass death. They always are. They always have been. You could post your message on every single thread on this forum.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

What the actual feck is this logic? There is always a war somewhere. People die and suffer due to horrific events every day and will continue to do so until the end of time.

Maybe you should practice what you preach? There’s a war happening and all you’re doing is whinging about football on an internet forum. Pathetic.

Red_toad

Yes they are. The hire, fire and have the ultimate say on all issues. Unless we’re going to protest Dave as he’s the only other consistent thing since Sir Alex left.
They’re not interested in the fans, since the last protests all we've had empty promises. Fans making their voices heard is the right thing to do.

Yakuza_devils

Of course they have spent a lot of money on players. It doesn’t mean they spend it correctly. If the owner of Coca Cola spent 10bn dollars on a printer, with 1bn per week maintenance, it wouldn’t make him a good business owner, it would make him an idiot.
The point was he has a team below him making the decisions the CEO, Manager, Directors and whatnot which they thought was beneficial for the club. You don't expect Coca Cola owners/shareholders to make decisions on the company day to day operation. They have a competent CEO and team running the company. The problem with us was that our CEO Ed has no experience running a football club at all.

stepic

I’d rather they protest against the inept efforts of the players, rather than the Glazers.

Chripper

Maybe you should practice what you preach? There’s a war happening and all you’re doing is whinging about football on an internet forum. Pathetic.
Who's whinging? Certainly not me. :)

The point was he has a team below him making the decisions the CEO, Manager, Directors and whatnot which they thought was beneficial for the club. You don't expect Coca Cola owners/shareholders to make decisions on the company day to day operation. They have a competent CEO and team running the company. The problem with us was that our CEO Ed has no experience running a football club at all.
This.

We've spend how much money on duds? Not exactly the owners fault.

I’d rather they protest against the inept efforts of the players, rather than the Glazers.
This. Unless, however, it's the Glazers fault that we can't create one chance againt the worst Everton team in my living memory.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Good. It is the perfect time for a protest now Utd have nothing to play for.

Last edited:

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Glaziers are going nowhere but hey let’s stay outside until the 17th minute for a ticket that has already been paid for.
And what good will the protest do when the tickets have already been bought? Real protest would be boycotting the games and not buying tickets.
Think you're missing the point.

Start by getting off your high horse and boo the shit of our team. Yes, the whole lot of them, and if DDG happens to be in the firing line so be it.
I wouldn't boo, but I'd happily not enter the stadium until X time.

Spaghetti

Mom's
This is part of the problem. They were happy to continue with Ed because the money kept coming in (through sponsorship mainly) because that’s what Ed is / was good at. Their interests are not on the football pitch. The money spent on players is not aimed at getting United to win trophies, it’s aimed at making a profit, be it from merchandise or from making sure we get UCL every other year.

Greck

Can't fault the effort. It's unfortunate but you can't make the Glazers sell a billion pound asset if they don't want to. No amount of abuse makes anyone give up a dream cash cow. A fair number of them probably don't even watch our matches and will never know there was even a protest. They are well insulated from the wrath of the fans.

RedDevil@84

Where is the protest against the loser attitude of the team? The match going fans would rather sit and sing praises when players who are paid in millions don't bother turning up, week after week.

Yakuza_devils

This is part of the problem. They were happy to continue with Ed because the money kept coming in (through sponsorship mainly) because that’s what Ed is / was good at. Their interests are not on the football pitch. The money spent on players is not aimed at getting United to win trophies, it’s aimed at making a profit, be it from merchandise or from making sure we get UCL every other year.
I am not saying Glazers are great owners, far from it, but they are not the worst either. Put it in another way, they are no different from Liverpool owners, but Liverpool has a competent management team and most importantly a world class manager. Liverpool are also making tons of money.

IMHO, the main problem for us in the last 8 years (since SAF left) was we have an absolute disaster in Ed leading the football side of the club and also our non-existent football structure to enable us to identify the right managers, players and playing style.

We now have a new football structure helm by Murtough, Fletcher and team. Hope this is the right move. The early signs are not promising with the appointment of Rangnick and the mess created (players not suitable to the manager style of play, dressing room unrests, fitness issues and etc) . We are almost certain to miss out on Top 4. We threw a season away after sacking Ole in Nov. This is an unacceptable way to run Man Utd.

AndySmith1990

Would rather they went into the stadium and booed the lazy millionaire dick heads in a red shirt who don't give a feck about the club

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Reputation wise its a terrible look for the Glazers. They dont need to be in the stadium.

Yakuza_devils

Would rather they went into the stadium and booed the lazy millionaire dick heads in a red shirt who don't give a feck about the club
Agree. Watching City vs Pool game, I struggle to find a single player who was jogging on the pitch.
Even KDB was sprinting and chasing the loose balls non stop. They played to such high intensity and their players didn't look tired at all.
Our lot legs are gone after 45 mins of low intensity football.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Unless there is somebody with interest in buying the club, which there never is apart from the middle East groups, it's a bit pointless. I made peace with having the Glazers when the Saudi lot were apparently interested in us, as that would have been the absolute pits being owned by them.

If one day a genuine buyer comes forward then that's the time. But it feels like we've been "potentially available" a few times over the years and there's seemingly no interest.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
What is the purpose of the protest? What are they wanting to change? They’re not going to sell (and there is no guarantee that a new owner would be any better).

I’ll probably get pelters for it, but since the protest last season I do think we’ve seen a difference from them. Manager backed in the market, interaction with fans boards, 1 managerial appointments that most wanted + another almost done, talks of stadium renovation.

Judging them purely from that day of the protest until now, I don’t think they’ve been bad. It feels like another protest against the team being shit. Very few will attend

Castia

Pointless

On a bad run so we protest again. We brought in Varane, Sancho and Ronaldo last summer on paper we had one of the best summers in Europe I hate the Glazers but this isn’t on them this season is 100% on the players.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Pointless

On a bad run so we protest again. We brought in Varane, Sancho and Ronaldo last summer on paper we had one of the best summers in Europe I hate the Glazers but this isn’t on them this season is 100% on the players.
Totally agree. May as well get toxic in the stadium and give these players a miserable last few weeks before they hopefully feck off.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

This is such crap logic. Didn’t realise there was a hierarchy.

AndySmith1990

Pointless

Correct. We need to keep calling out the players. For too long they've been allowed to hide behind the owners, Woodward, the managers, whilst they escape responsibility. Not anymore, those detestable, pathetic excuses for footballers should be booed endlessly, so they know they can't keep getting away with it.

soapythecat

Protest at the players for lack of effort and fight this season - they are 100% the problem right now.
Spend the first 17 minutes booing every single touch by United players. Then chant ‘Attack, attack, attack’ and sarcastically cheer every pass.
Players are taking the piss and we turn on everyone but them.

Deery

Dreary
I think it is a bad look personally, protesting every time we are doing badly just makes you look like glory hunters.

Micky Targaryen

A real protest that will actually feckin work is to boycott games, instead of standing outside the stadium.

But that will never happen.

Me being in Malaysia, I'm already doing my part :D Cmon you mancs do yours too!

Devil’s Trident

The self of self entitlement is shocking..
Why just stop there ? Let me extend…

But yeah, let's watch football. The potential of getting entertained whilst millions living in misery... the horrors...

The self entitlement is shocking…

But yeah, let's go and watch a movie. The potential of running your life normally whilst others are being destroyed... the horrors...

The self of self entitlement is shocking…

But yeah, let's go and have some dinner. The potential of filling your belly whilst millions are starving to death.. the horrors...

But yeah, let's have sex. The potential of getting the pleasure whilst jizzing during orgasm .. the horrors...