Gaming PS4 vs Xbox One - The suckiest thread in the history of suckyness

Which one will you buy?

• Total voters

WeasteDevil

Is it fanboyish? I listed the games, I know the developers behind them, I have seen the content for all the games I listed
You included things such as Halo 5 and a Black Tusk game on your list. You've seen feck all of them! Ryse and Killer Instinct (with two characters on the screen) are 900p and 720p respectively, so much for great developers.

b82REZ

Visually, does it look shit I'm talking about - we've discussed the combat and game play to death and I agree completely (although, Weaste loves Santa Monica and God of War is the same - I wonder if he has ever played them though).
GoW is nothing like Ryse. It has deep combat, with the occasional QTE finisher on larger enemies.

Scenery aside I think the character animations are pretty poor on Ryse. You'd expect the skyboxes to be pretty because most games have good looking backdrops now. With Ryse you can certainly tell it's been through numerous iterations and developers to get where it is. I predict a mediocre game, and seeing as you prize reviewers and developers opinion on games, I believe they will also state it's poor come review time.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
afrocenticity; how? I've posted plenty of videos, articles and have talked about features/games of the PS4 in this thread. Weaste won't acknowledge anything good about the Xbox One.

Infact, I have probably informed of more positive PS4 in this thread than Weaste himself as, as he simply concentrates on bashing the Xbox.
There's a river in Egypt... can't remember what it's called. Oh yea....

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
You can't even answer a single question of mine that I've asked yoh at least twice. You are going at me about what Weaste said too, all because I've pointed out you are joking trying to compare the XB1 to high end PCs. I'm aware you've backtracked on that now challenged, but for god's sake don't tell me to read back when you keep dodging a simple question of mine. You are cracking up :lol:
I answered it.. I don't think games can get loads better. Obviously better textures and shadows and shit, but in all honesty I still go back to games from the start of the 360/PS3 cycle and think they look great. For people who really care about the small details maybe there's a big difference but not for me.

I didn't backtrack on how it worked, I even quoted what I originally said to prove as such. You misinterpreted what I was saying, even though I acknowledged that PCs are better in the very post you got annoyed at. All I said was that PC graphics don't make Ryse look shit or 'like a Wii U game' and I stand by that.

GoW is nothing like Ryse. It has deep combat, with the occasional QTE finisher on larger enemies.

Scenery aside I think the character animations are pretty poor on Ryse. You'd expect the skyboxes to be pretty because most games have good looking backdrops now. With Ryse you can certainly tell it's been through numerous iterations and developers to get where it is. I predict a mediocre game, and seeing as you prize reviewers and developers opinion on games, I believe they will also state it's poor come review time.
Ryse the final executions are the QTEs and there have been articles out there saying how deep the combat is aswel as the reports to say the opposite. I'm waiting to see the reviews, I don't believe the combat will be up to standard but you can't knock its visuals and the story and cinematics seem interesting - but yeah, if the gameplay is bad then I won't buy it.

Alock1

I preferred it when he was trying to be neutral. Telling people what they should like (claiming those who don't agree arw fanboys) and bringing up high end PCs is laughable.
Please, show me a high-end PC game and compare it to those Ryse graphics that would make people think Ryse looks shit? It's not possible.

PC Graphics are technically much better, with great detail and better textures/shaders - but that doesn't make Ryse look shit which is what I said from the start. Better, sure.. Much better, maybe. Enough to make Ryse seem graphically poor? Definitely not.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Please, show me a high-end PC and compare it to those Ryse graphics that would make people think Ryse looks shit? It's not possible.

PC Graphics are technically much better, with great detail and better textures/shaders - but that doesn't make Ryse look shit which is what I said from the start. Better, sure.. Much better, maybe. Enough to make Ryse seem graphically poor? Definitely not.
Again, this is pointless until you actually answer my question.

Alock1

Again, this is pointless until you actually answer my question.
What question?

Why won't they get loads better? You've answered it for yourself, but I also added my opinion that I think graphics are at such a high that now it's mostly a case of showing the finer details and improving frame rates and the likes.

Games from 7 years ago are still really pleasing on the eye for me. The difference between high end PC games now and high end PC games 8 years ago is far lower than the difference between say 2005 and 98. And I'd imagine the difference in the next 7 years will be the same.

There's only so much you can do, the best games are already starting to look like movies.

Redlambs

What question?

Why won't they get loads better? You've answered it for yourself, but I also added my opinion that I think graphics are at such a high that now it's mostly a case of showing the finer details and improving frame rates and the likes.

Games from 7 years ago are still really pleasing on the eye for me. The difference between high end PC games now and high end PC games 8 years ago is far lower than the difference between say 2005 and 98. And I'd imagine the difference in the next 7 years will be the same.

There's only so much you can do, the best games are already starting to look like movies.
So basically, like your opinion on the launch lineups, you have a low opinion of graphics. That's all well and good, but you are wrong if you think Ryse is even close to what can be achieved. It's a graphic standard from a few years ago! Just because it has shiny textures that please your eye, you think it's so great, but technically it isn't advanced at all. But no doubt you are going to miss the point and bang on about showing you again :rolleyes:

afrocentricity

This the problem with those two, they aren't really thinking long term. Calling the power difference between the 2 consoles 'irrelevant' is stupid. Saying XB1 graphics are 'good enough' and that 'graphics are as good as they are gonna get' is extremely short sighted. We heard all this at the beginning of last gen and how do XB360 games look now? Shite.... let's be honest they look shit, sometimes it hurts my eyes (I feel like PC gaming has made me a bit snobby). Compared to my midrange PC graphics XB360 graphics were so bad that I started getting all my multiplat games on PC and it's only GTAV that has brought it back out of the cupboard. PS3 has faired better, much better... judging by how this gen is unfolding I'm expecting the same only moreso... this is another reason why PS4 will be my primary console.

How have graphics gotten as good as they can get? That's ridiculous, theres a lot more room for improvement, whether it is cost effective is another argument altogether...

Alock1

So basically, like your opinion on the launch lineups, you have a low opinion of graphics. That's all well and good, but you are wrong if you think Ryse is even close to what can be achieved. It's a graphic standard from a few years ago! Just because it has shiny textures that please your eye, you think it's so great, but technically it isn't advanced at all. But no doubt you are going to miss the point and bang on about showing you again :rolleyes:
To me, the graphics look great yeah. To lots of people, pretty much on every comments page/forum it's being discussed in.
There are games with better visuals, but none enough to make that look bad in comparison or even average..

You disagree, fine.. but don't believe it's just me that think it's look great, go check out everywhere else.

afrocentricity

I think he needs a new TV, anything above 42" and the cracks start showing up...

Alock1

It could be the quality of the gifs you've put up... but like I say, Crysis 3 on my PC looks better.... this is s'posed to be next gen right?
I agreed long ago that PC graphics are better, that's not my point.
To me (and everybody everywhere except in this thread it seems) it's got incredible visuals and looks stunning - nothing is so far ahead that it makes it look shit, which is what Weaste was saying.

PS4 will be more powerful and have better graphics than the Xbox One - but the Xbox one (to most people) has a game which shows just how good the graphics can be on it, so I'm not at all concerned about how games are going to look on the console.

They're going to look great, good enough for me to not be worried about the PS4s extra power.

Redlambs

So basically Alock, if people don't agree with you they are fanboys and if they do you are right about the future of graphics. Post as many pics and .gifs as you are like, but that isn't technically impressive at all. Sure it has nice textures and has been made well, but you are talking absolute rubbish about graphics. Basically, you have gone into fanboy mode yourself and just cannot see it.

Revan

Assumptionman
:lol: did some spastic actually say "win" this thread? Who was it? I'm betting not even Weaste or Cider said that :lol: Oh and it's no shock to see Alock slip back into full on fanboy mode, I knew you would at some point matey :lol:
No feckin way :lol:. Name and shame.

Cannot find that post but if true, it puts berry berry shrew post to shame.

Alock1

http://instore.game.co.uk/game-lock-ins/#sthash.ISY0Ls1i.dpuf

PlayStation 4 Lock Ins! SONY’s new console finally arrives on 29th November, but you’ll be able to get hands on with the PlayStation 4 before that with our latest round of Lock Ins! Over 60 GAME stores across the UK will be extending their opening hours to host these incredible and exclusive events, giving you the chance to experience the power of the Playstation 4 in a unique environment – and before anyone else in the UK! Gamers can get their hands on the Dualshock 4 controller and FIFA 14 in its next gen glory alongside Knack, Super Mother Load, Octodad, Pinball Arcade and Contrast! On top of this, you will be able to get your preorders down on all the great upcoming Playstation 4 products, including GAME’s Exclusive Editions. To reserve your place you can register at your nearest participating store, either in person or by sending the store a tweet. Spaces are limited and will be chosen on a first-come, first-served basis. Gamers must be 16 or over to register and attend. ID will be required for entry. - See more at: http://instore.game.co.uk/game-lock-ins/#sthash.ISY0Ls1i.zwQb6GH6.dpuf

---

So Game will be having lock-ins for the PS4 aswel as the Xbox One. Good news.

Alock1

So basically Alock, if people don't agree with you they are fanboys and if they do you are right about the future of graphics. Post as many pics and .gifs as you are like, but that isn't technically impressive at all. Sure it has nice textures and has been made well, but you are talking absolute rubbish about graphics. Basically, you have gone into fanboy mode yourself and just cannot see it.
When did I say that anybody else was a fanboy when it came to graphics? Ever?

All I've said is that no game can make Ryse look shit and nobody has disagreed except Weaste - who the whole point was in response to in the first place.

b82REZ

Ryse the final executions are the QTEs and there have been articles out there saying how deep the combat is aswel as the reports to say the opposite. I'm waiting to see the reviews, I don't believe the combat will be up to standard but you can't knock its visuals and the story and cinematics seem interesting - but yeah, if the gameplay is bad then I won't buy it.
The gameplay footage of Ryse was; run towards enemy, block or dodge, light attack, hard attack, QTE. Not exactly deep combat. You seem to be focusing on the skybox graphics, which isn't a huge acheivement. The character models should be much better for a pioneering next gen game. Ryse looks like it could be running on current gen.

Redlambs

When did I say that anybody else was a fanboy when it came to graphics? Ever?

All I've said is that no game can make Ryse look shit and nobody has disagreed except Weaste - who the whole point was in response to in the first place.
Oh so now you further backtrack. I'll ask again, why do you think there hasn't been a game like looking like that before? And further to that, why do you think people thinks it looks stunning? Do you think it's technically more impressive than, say, Rage? Do you think a PC considered high end 2-3 years ago could run that better?

Revan

Assumptionman
Please if there is a mod here, change the name of the thread to 'did we won this thread'.

Redlambs

The gameplay footage of Ryse was; run towards enemy, block or dodge, light attack, hard attack, QTE. Not exactly deep combat. You seem to be focusing on the skybox graphics, which isn't a huge acheivement. The character models should be much better for a pioneering next gen game. Ryse looks like it could be running on current gen.
Wasn't they also talking about trying to give the game more challenge? Or was that to do with when it was Kinect?

And you are bang on, considering what the game has to do you'd think the visuals would be even better. At least throw a few more polys around ;)

Alock1

I love all this "everyone else thinks it looks stunning" stuff :lol: Does that "win" this thread? It wasn't you that said that was it Alock?
No.

I've talked about the combat and concerns over the gameplay hundreds of times in this thread so please..

Oh so now you further backtrack. I'll ask again, why do you think there hasn't been a game like looking like that before? And further to that, why do you think people thinks it looks stunning? Do you think it's technically more impressive than, say, Rage? Do you think a PC considered high end 2-3 years ago could run that better?
When did I EVER say that there has never been a game that looks like that? Never.

I never even said that there aren't games that look better at all.

I just said that no games make it look shit. I never backtracked.

A gaming PC from 2-3 years ago could run it better for sure, does that mean it looks bad? No. Dude, even the Wii U has games which look great, do you disagree?

Redlambs

No.

I've talked about the combat and concerns over the gameplay hundreds of times in this thread so please..

When did I EVER say that there has never been a game that looks like that? Never.

I never even said that there aren't games that look better at all.

I just said that no games make it look shit. I never backtracked.

A gaming PC from 2-3 years ago could run it better for sure, does that mean it looks bad? No. Dude, even the Wii U has games which look great, do you disagree?
When did I say you said any of those things? All you've done is bang on about "shit" this and Pc that. If you want to drop that aspect then fine. But if you want to keep talking about graphics and improvements then let's do, but you are completely wrong to suggest graphics will only improve in minor ways.

This gen isn't much of an improvement yes, but remember it's a budget generation and that's what is holding graphics back and the answer to my question is simply because since last gen games and graphics have been held back amd tied to the console standards. Whether you are happy with that or not, that's up to you, but it is what it is.

afrocentricity

The infamous post was from a poster called Randal something...

Back to 'graphics looking as good as they ever will', how do games like condemned look now? the darkness? tbh I don't even need to name names... graphics date like just about everything else. Components, get smaller, we get more memory to play with and better screens to view it on....
I don't even see the point in continuing this post... Alock just doesnt seem to get it...