Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
PS Plus collection is great hope they keep adding to it.

Shark

@NotShark
Series X runs at higher resolutions in both modes while holding a solid frame rate. PS5 is using checkerboarding again. Assume it's going to continue this way throughout the generation.

Bojan11

Why would you even post that? I was going to post that earlier but thought you are behaving yourself, so I will leave it. You forgot this part

PS5 and Series X both target 4k.
-PS5 is checkerboard rendering, while Series X is native.
-Both still use dynamic resolution scaling.
-Owing to its checkerboard solution, PS5's UI scales with resolution.
-PS5 has post-process elements that operate at a much lower resolution.
-All together, PlayStation 5 in performance mode has more obvious image quality concessions that become more evident as the effects work scales up.
-The game is clearer on Series X in performance mode due to these differences in how resolution is composed and how post-processing is delivered.
-PlayStation 5 can hold 60fps a little tighter than the Xbox consoles during intense destruction.
-A loading segment that took over a minute on PS4 Pro resolves in four seconds on PlayStation 5 rising to around six seconds on Series X.
I give you exhibit 1 and 2

Left is PS5, and right is series X.

You and Afro are just embarrassing yourselves now.

Bosws87

Pretty awesome we have reached a point where resolution isn't indicative of image quality anymore.

Gonna be great the deeper we go into this generation gonna give huge headroom for the middle end hardware to do some great things!

Shark

@NotShark

Checkerboarding on Sony consoles is friggin ugly.
In fairness I think it's mostly about how it's implemented. God Of War used checkerboard and looks fantastic, Spider-Man also. In saying that native is always going to be the better choice of possible. This is where we'll see the Series X pull away in these third party comparisons. Along with other graphical enhancements.

Bosws87

In fairness I think it's mostly about how it's implemented. God Of War used checkerboard and looks fantastic, Spider-Man also. In saying that native is always going to be the better choice of possible. This is where we'll see the Series X pull away in these third party comparisons. Along with other graphical enhancements.
DLSS is proof that concept isn't necessarily true anymore.

Bojan11

In fairness I think it's mostly about how it's implemented. God Of War used checkerboard and looks fantastic, Spider-Man also. In saying that native is always going to be the better choice of possible. This is where we'll see the Series X pull away in these third party comparisons.
It is over Sharky boy.

It is time to lock this terrible thread, which I will add stole an award for best thread in 2020, when it was created in 2019. @oates and @Crackers i will never forgive you for that.

I remember the daft stuff that was coming out. PS will have better sound? Nope. PS will load way faster because of the super special SSD? 2 seconds. There must have been other shit Cerny came with that some people on here fell for. They were even trying to convince themselves that the PS5 was better looking. Oh and don’t get me started on the broken controllers. Phil Spencer is the Sir Alex Ferguson of gaming. He is a true genius and pioneer. Jim Ryan is a fraud and liar. Just like @esmufc07 aka Ashley Peacock is a cheat.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
It is over Sharky boy.

It is time to lock this terrible thread, which I will add stole an award for best thread in 2020, when it was created in 2019. @oates and @Crackers i will never forgive you for that.

I remember the daft stuff that was coming out. PS will have better sound? Nope. PS will load way faster because of the super special SSD? 2 seconds. There must have been other shit Cerny came with that some people on here fell for. They were even trying to convince themselves that the PS5 was better looking. Oh and don’t get me started on the broken controllers. Phil Spencer is the Sir Alex Ferguson of gaming. He is a true genius and pioneer. Jim Ryan is a fraud and liar. Just like @esmufc07 aka Ashley Peacock is a cheat.
In fairness I think loading speeds are my favourite thing about this gen, they are insane.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
It is over Sharky boy.

Buzz off you plague

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Blame democracy Bojan, blame the voters!

Are you related to Donald Trump? Is that it? Trying to demand that election officials overturn how the people have spoken, tut tut.

Bojan11

Look at them all triggered at the same time.

@oates I don’t care for democracy. I only care for doing what’s right. You didn’t do that and in my book you failed. Also, what side are you on? I know @Crackers is a deluded ps fan boy hence the name.

You can’t even thank the right person. So now I see why you can’t even turn off your console properly. I hope you don’t plan on getting external storage as that will be fun to watch when you have to open it up.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Look at them all triggered at the same time.

@oates I don’t care for democracy. I only care for doing what’s right. You didn’t do that and in my book you failed. Also, what side are you on? I know @Crackers is a deluded ps fan boy hence the name.

You can’t even thank the right person. So now I see why you can’t even turn off your console properly. I hope you don’t plan on getting external storage as that will be fun to watch when you have to open it up.
Nah mate, PC is kinda my deal lately.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
I don’t care for democracy.
There it is, says it all. Claims to only care what's right but that means it doesn't matter that it is only right by him.

I'm disgusted, I never dreamed you had it in you to be so low.

@Damien - put a block on @Bojan taking any part in voting ever again, he doesn't care for democracy.

Bojan11

There it is, says it all. Claims to only care what's right but that means it doesn't matter that it is only right by him.

I'm disgusted, I never dreamed you had it in you to be so low.

@Damien - put a block on @Bojan taking any part in voting ever again, he doesn't care for democracy.
Yes, @Damien put a block on that guy.

You changed the rules as you went along. So are you telling me for the 2021 awards, I can nominate a thread from 2013? You cheated me and now you are trying to hide behind democracy. Hang your head in shame.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Yes, @Damien put a block on that guy.

You changed the rules as you went along. So are you telling me for the 2021 awards, I can nominate a thread from 2013? You cheated me and now you are trying to hide behind democracy. Hang your head in shame.
Quite right, sorry @Damien - put a block on @Bojan11 as well. Thanks.

We don't want Electioneering Cheats trying to subvert Democracy.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It is over Sharky boy.

Incredible post that really hits the nail on the head. I mean they can’t even argue with anything there. It’s hilarious seeing them scraping the barrel for stuff to have against Xbox, which usually ends up with childish exaggerations. Meanwhile we have straight fact after fact about Xbox goodness and Playstation woes.

Bojan11

Quite right, sorry @Damien - put a block on @Bojan11 as well. Thanks.

We don't want Electioneering Cheats trying to subvert Democracy.
Don’t worry, I am going to find your oldest thread and vote for that.

You can keep requesting, but at the end of the day you guys let @horsechoker vote. So your democracy sucks if people like that are allowed to vote. I told you before to remove his thread creating privileges and you couldn’t even do that. Just letting you know I post a lot in the tennis thread, so does Raoul. He won’t be impressed with your bully boy tactics against me. So I will not be intimidated by you. I have already silenced Ashley because I know who H is from line of duty.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Don’t worry, I am going to find your oldest thread and vote for that.

You can keep requesting, but at the end of the day you guys let @horsechoker vote. So your democracy sucks if people like that are allowed to vote. I told you before to remove his thread creating privileges and you couldn’t even do that. Just letting you know I post a lot in the tennis thread, so does Raoul. He won’t be impressed with your bully boy tactics against me. So I will not be intimidated by you. I have already silenced Ashley because I know who H is from line of duty.
And that's all it is, requesting. What you don't seem to realise is that this has absolutely nothing to do with me. I'm not an Election Official, I have no power one way or another to attempt to change anything, I'm not a mod or even a scout. I just have a good time enjoying you railing against the sea like Knut (no offence, no pun). I appreciate your confidence in me but even asking @Damien to ban you from voting will have absolutely no effect, he doesn't listen to me, it's got fack all to do with me, but by all means carry on smashing your fists against the wall of can't give a stuff. :lol::lol:

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
My new xbox wireless headset arrived and my god it's comfy. Can only really compare to my Sony WH700's (Sony lol) but it feels like two buxom bosoms lodged between my head.

A little heavy on the bass and no noise cancelling with weak mic monitoring but I've never owned a comfier headset.