Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bosws87

Do Sony even have more publishers? Multiplayer is mostly crossplay now, apart from exclusives, and we all know Sony love a single player game, so that's moot. And I'm open to an example of better 3rd party support?
Just means the Sony platform will become the lead console for development which will then see it ported to Xbox which means you will get inferior running 3rd party games (which is the only thing people are still trying to cling on to in this thread)

ps. Team ICO produced 3 games in 20 years, granted two of them were brilliant but the output is no big loss

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
But it's already available on Xbox?
Sony haven't made it available yet mate, manufacturers can't make the expandable storage without the tech to do it. Honestly veeva I thought you had a bit more brains than this, I need to revisit the way I speak to you!

lilcurt

But it's already available on Xbox?
Which is ironic because there isn't anything I can't get on older consoles worth having on the Xbox.

In all seriousness, both of these will be extremely successful and which Microsoft recent acquisitions the time to see is in a few years when the Xbox should have a better exclusive library. At present there isn't a massive reason to go out and buy either, if a consumer is making a choice for now. The PS5 is the obvious winner due to more and better games.

Gamepads is great but when people on here are posting that Crysis Remastered is a reason to buy an Xbox because it runs better than on the PS5 I fear all objectivity has been lost.

izzydiggler

ps. Team ICO produced 3 games in 20 years, granted two of them were brilliant but the output is no big loss
Games are hard to make and take lots of time...even more so for great ones. High output means yearly updates with minor differences...granted The Last Guardian took forever but it’s hugely important to get games like Ico and Shadow, even if they’re only twice a decade.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Sony haven't made it available yet mate, manufacturers can't make the expandable storage without the tech to do it. Honestly veeva I thought you had a bit more brains than this, I need to revisit the way I speak to you!
So there's less third party support? I mean these were your points and so far they're all pure bollocks. Even once you can actually buy stuff for Sony, what exactly do you entail being available on PS5 over Xbox in terms of third party support? Hopefully some controllers I guess

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Just means the Sony platform will become the lead console for development which will then see it ported to Xbox which means you will get inferior running 3rd party games (which is the only thing people are still trying to cling on to in this thread)

Why isn't it already then? Why isn't everything running better on PS5? Sony has led sales for a long time.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
So there's less third party support? I mean these were your points and so far they're all pure bollocks. Even once you can actually buy stuff for Sony, what exactly do you entail being available on PS5 over Xbox in terms of third party support? Hopefully some controllers I guess
Controllers, charging docks, headsets, stands, controller grips. There's loads. And publishers will simply prioritise performance on the console with the bigger sales, it's common sense, you see it everywhere, it's why Apple products tend to have far more 3rd party accessories than other manufacturers.

It's not bollox though is it? MS has one single expansion drive, the official Seagate one. They haven't even made theirs available to other manufacturers to make the cost competitive :lol: It's half the price of the console!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Controllers, charging docks, headsets, stands, controller grips. There's loads. And publishers will simply prioritise performance on the console with the bigger sales, it's common sense, you see it everywhere, it's why Apple products tend to have far more 3rd party accessories than other manufacturers.

It's not bollox though is it? MS has one single expansion drive, the official Seagate one. They haven't even made theirs available to other manufacturers to make the cost competitive :lol: It's half the price of the console!
This whole post is pure bollocks. All these things are always available for both consoles :lol:

Controller grips :lol:

It takes some doing to come out with worse points than afro.

Last edited:

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Both have been sold out since launch. If Sony produced double well done to them.

PlayStation will always sell more. They have the brand loyalty and market share and that's not easy to overcome even with a superior product.

It's also not the primary metric Microsoft care about anymore so the comparison doesn't hold the weight it use to.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Both have been sold out since launch. If Sony produced double well done to them.

PlayStation will always sell more. They have the brand loyalty and market share and that's not easy to overcome even with a superior product.

It's also not the primary metric Microsoft care about anymore so the comparison doesn't hold the weight it use to.
You back working at Microsoft now? :)

Bosws87

Not true Microsoft had a great opportunity to turn this around in the 360 era they then released the absolute heap of trash which was the xbox one.

If they had released a product like the one X or the series X following the 360 it could of been a different story by now, don't let facts get in the way of pushing an agenda though.

Alock1

Not true Microsoft had a great opportunity to turn this around in the 360 era they then released the absolute heap of trash which was the xbox one.

If they had released a product like the one X or the series X following the 360 it could of been a different story by now, don't let facts get in the way of pushing an agenda though.
I don't think so. PS3 eventually caught Xbox 360 despite it being so much more expensive, launching later, and having a real perceived lack of games and feature disparity early on.

They had a chance to close the gap and to perhaps remain in contention in US and UK, but in Europe/rest of world Sony would have always eventually won out.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

Microsoft also lost a lot focus towards the end of the 360/PS3 era where they dominated at first, owing partly to sheer idiocy by Sony and the Cell, and then limped to a finish where the PS3 ended up being the superior console by the closing bell.

The Xbox One was an attempt to corner a growing market of mass media users, who wanted a console that could also double up as a blu-ray/netflix player. It sort of worked in theory but the lack of games killed it dead compared to the PS4 (which was and still is excellent).

It's also what happened with Nintendo going from the Wii > Wii U and is why I bought an Xbox this time round as there's so many cases where a console developer is dominant and then ends up becoming complacent when they have the market lead. SNES > N64 is another.

It's largely why I think Xbox have gone so hard to selling gamepass right now. They need to impress (and impress they are :drool:)

Bosws87

I don't think so. PS3 eventually caught Xbox 360 despite it being so much more expensive, launching later, and having a real perceived lack of games and feature disparity early on.

They had a chance to close the gap and to perhaps remain in contention in US and UK, but in Europe/rest of world Sony would have always eventually won out.
The PS3 was a pile of trash i remember getting at launch and not even being able to party chat or access the home screen while in game, how long was the wait for the patch for in game xmb (something laughable)

All 3rd party games for a considerable time were absolutely dreadful to.

It worked out in the end mainly down to the talent of the studios on the books (Naughty Dog)

I was strictly everything on my 360 back then, once you could install games on your HDD and the hair dryer of a disk drive didn't need to spin anymore the 360 was the console of choice in that era.

Alock1

The PS3 was a pile of trash i remember getting at launch and not even being able to party chat or access the home screen while in game, how long was the wait for the patch for in game xmb (something laughable)

All 3rd party games for a considerable time were absolutely dreadful to.

It worked out in the end mainly down to the talent of the studios on the books (Naughty Dog)

I was strictly everything on my 360 back then, once you could install games on your HDD and the hair dryer of a disk drive didn't need to spin anymore the 360 was the console of choice in that era.
And yet despite all that PS3 ended up selling more which shows it was just a blip!

Bosws87

And yet despite all that PS3 ended up selling more which shows it was just a blip!
Very very close though if you consider the gap they made up it was within Microsofts grasp to become the dominant leader today.

Just happened that having to always be online, no second hand games market, multimedia device with built in kinect with every console in a severely underpowered machine wasn't what the people wanted, who could of seen that coming :lol:

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
This whole post is pure bollocks. All these things are always available for both consoles :lol:

Controller grips :lol:

It takes some doing to come out with worse points than afro.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=xbox+one+accessories&ref=nb_sb_noss_1
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=ps4+accessories&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

20,000 difference.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=ps5+accessories&ref=nb_sb_noss
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=xbox+series+x+accessories&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

16,000 difference.

I rest my case.

Alock1

Very very close though if you consider the gap they made up it was within Microsofts grasp to become the dominant leader today.

Just happened that having to always be online, no second hand games market, multimedia device with built in kinect with every console in a severely underpowered machine wasn't what the people wanted, who could of seen that coming :lol:

That doesn't mean it was in their grasp. Sony caught ground which generally the market leader will do over time. And they didn't feck up the PS4.

Even if Xbox One was considered to be higher spec, didn't have kinect, had the same price and had some exclusive launch games - it still wouldn't have been the number 1 selling console.

Alock1

Actually they have made it available to other manufacturers. They wanted to have one ready for launch and unlike Sony managed to.

Come on, you're reaching massively here. Yes maybe there will be 15 3rd party options for tacky PS5 accessories vs 10 for Xbox. Who gives a shit really.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Actually they have made it available to other manufacturers. They wanted to have one ready for launch and unlike Sony managed to.

Come on, you're reaching massively here. Yes maybe there will be 15 3rd party options for tacky PS5 accessories vs 10 for Xbox. Who gives a shit really.
I don't give a flying feck but it's a piss take thread so why not take the piss?

Bosws87

Sounds good. Are you enjoying RE VIII? Looks good so I'd like to get around to it eventually.

I put on MLB The Show earlier on my lunch break. Lost to the frigging Mets.
Decent, looks great until crow women appears then the game turns to a stuttering mess for a few seconds!