Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
So what your saying is Gamepass is the modern day demo disc?
No because you can't access the full game from a demo disc.
But you know it's a stretch to claim people with the gamepass "play more games". "Try more games" would be more apt, and there is a big difference there, because no way would MS or Steam or anybody else give out accurate stats (or any at all) on those who dip. Plus it's right to question the source, though I agree with you that it is obvious people would try more games if they have access to such a selection.

That's not to say I'm arguing against your overall point, as that's a definite strength of the Gamepass. Just like, believe it or not, they remove games...though on that front only if it's done by mid-term uptake of course.

I'm more intrigued as to the future when they do inevitably put the prices up and stop the £1 deals.
A stretch when referring to the average gamer? They try more games and as a result play more games, and Vs non-gamepass Xbox players put more time into games overall. As I said, put the same or equivalent service on PlayStation or Nintendo and it will have the same effect for those obvious reasons.

Of course it's always worth considering the source and recognizing the vested interest. We don't get to see stats that might suggest it isn't so great in some ways so they can of course be cherry picked. But the underlying stats will be true. As a teaboy who serves coffee to the odd person, I also wouldn't be surprised if the criteria was higher than you'd expect (ie. the amount of minutes required to be considering as having 'played' the game)

On PC I acknowledged the difference is less because games are generally more accessible on there with huge discounts and bundling, and less quality of games on PC Gamepass.

I'm interested too, and would love to know what % of the 20 million who have it are on a standard subscription. By the point the price increases for all the quality of original content *should* be greatly improved too.

Alock1

No I was asking if you have any recommendations in the b-tier category, unknown gem type of thing? I'll look out for them on sale.

It's gonna take the release of some exclusive heavy hitters for me to pick up another subscription wrt gamepass...
I would have included some of those to be honest. I had no idea about Warhammer Vermintide before and me and my mates have sunk so many hours into it!! Think it's got a bigger following on PC.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
No because you can't access the full game from a demo disc.

A stretch when referring to the average gamer? They try more games and as a result play more games, and Vs non-gamepass Xbox players put more time into games overall. As I said, put the same or equivalent service on PlayStation or Nintendo and it will have the same effect for those obvious reasons.

Of course it's always worth considering the source and recognizing the vested interest. We don't get to see stats that might suggest it isn't so great in some ways so they can of course be cherry picked. But the underlying stats will be true. As a teaboy who serves coffee to the odd person, I also wouldn't be surprised if the criteria was higher than you'd expect (ie. the amount of minutes required to be considering as having 'played' the game)

On PC I acknowledged the difference is less because games are generally more accessible on there with huge discounts and bundling, and less quality of games on PC Gamepass.
But whether or not that Teaboy knows any actual true stats, that doesn't change my point that no way would they release them unedited. Their public and private criteria's will be very different, you know that.

You yourself admit to being more casual and not playing as many games as you would through this, going by the list you posted of well liked games you'd have no intention of playing, but you list those you've stuck with. Great, but we know people clearly will be doing the 5minute delete job in more numbers...hell I even do it on both gamepasses, and I play more games than anyone :lol:

In any case, I'm not arguing the overall point that is more people are bound to try games and then stick to some, just I wouldn't go completely off those stats.

I'm interested too, and would love to know what % of the 20 million who have it are on a standard subscription. By the point the price increases for all the quality of original content *should* be greatly improved too.
Yep, that will be interesting. The amount of people who would keep it or at least be so happy with it if it wasn't for the £1 trick would be interesting too. Personally I'd say it would still represent value for money, even if a hell of a lot of games on it I personally already own/have played/have got free elsewhere, but I think there would be a few who would consider cancelling every now and then at £10 or whatever it is a month.

On the quality front, they still have the advantage right now that a hell of a lot of those subs don't realise how many of those games have been free on other platforms and little competition. When it really kicks off, the combination of the £1 deal going away and what the others offer shall be interesting indeed. Which is why, as we've said all along, it's about names and numbers right now over revenue.

Alock1

But whether or not that Teaboy knows any actual true stats, that doesn't change my point that no way would they release them unedited. Their public and private criteria's will be very different, you know that.

You yourself admit to being more casual and not playing as many games as you would through this, going by the list you posted of well liked games you'd have no intention of playing, but you list those you've stuck with. Great, but we know people clearly will be doing the 5minute delete job in more numbers...hell I even do it on both gamepasses, and I play more games than anyone :lol:

In any case, I'm not arguing the overall point that is more people are bound to try games and then stick to some, just I wouldn't go completely off those stats.

Yep, that will be interesting. The amount of people who would keep it or at least be so happy with it if it wasn't for the £1 trick would be interesting too. Personally I'd say it would still represent value for money, even if a hell of a lot of games on it I personally already own/have played/have got free elsewhere, but I think there would be a few who would consider cancelling every now and then at £10 or whatever it is a month.

On the quality front, they still have the advantage right now that a hell of a lot of those subs don't realise how many of those games have been free on other platforms and little competition. When it really kicks off, the combination of the £1 deal going away and what the others offer shall be interesting indeed. Which is why, as we've said all along, it's about names and numbers right now over revenue.
I don't know any stats, just saying. Not sure about edited but selective I would definitely agree with. I don't think they need to edit them, as we've both said, it's the natural expected consequence of a service like this. But that they would only show selective stats that spin gamepass in a positive light - of course.

I don't put everything in those stats, I'd have guessed it without seeing them for reasons above. But he asked me if there was anything to help back it up and here we are.

Absolutely there would be people questioning the cost, and they wouldnt have the adoption rate on Series S/X, the low churn or the overall numbers if not for those initiatives to get early adoption as they build out the catalogue.

Alock1

Through a holding company.
And even then I get no commission or performance related bonuses for how good the coffee is. Shame really.

When I get my job at Playstation I promise to be the same.

Alock1

At Playstation, or similar to now, working with dude?
Was just a joke cause I got contacted about a job at Playstation (tea boy/runner) recently and posted here. But I knew I'd never get through screening once they found my post history on here and realised I'd be bringing them down from the inside.

In terms of working with dude :lol: I've never claimed any ITK, just whenever Elvis said I worked for MS it's good to correct him.

Redlambs

Was just a joke cause I got contacted about a job at Playstation (tea boy/runner) recently and posted here. But I knew I'd never get through screening once they found my post history on here and realised I'd be bringing them down from the inside.
Yeah I remembered seeing something about that, which is why I asked. Just in case I was going to warn you to keep your ear to the ground, because they are notoriously shit for suddenly fecking everyone off over here. Believe me, I know that first hand, I'm glad I dodged the bullet and never had to learn personally.

In terms of working with dude :lol: I've never claimed any ITK, just whenever Elvis said I worked for MS it's good to correct him.
I know :lol:

But then anyone is ITK about everything compared to that clown ;)

Alock1

Yeah I remembered seeing something about that, which is why I asked. Just in case I was going to warn you to keep your ear to the ground, because they are notoriously shit for suddenly fecking everyone off over here. Believe me, I know that first hand, I'm glad I dodged the bullet and never had to learn personally.

I know :lol:

But then anyone is ITK about everything compared to that clown ;)
Not many corps that haven't had a history of doing that, and with me being a complete charlatan I need to work for a big corp cause that's the easiest way to hide how much of a charlatan you really are.

Whilst I haven't ever claimed to be ITK, that doesn't mean I'm saying I'm not ITK :smirk: :wenger:

Redlambs

Not many corps that haven't had a history of doing that, and with me being a complete charlatan I need to work for a big corp cause that's the easiest way to hide how much of a charlatan you really are.

Whilst I haven't ever claimed to be ITK, that doesn't mean I'm saying I'm not ITK :smirk: :wenger:
They are particularly shit with it though.

As for the ITK stuff, that's a god awful phrase anyway. But you hide it well ;)

Alock1

Harsh. It's more like the modern day equivalent of Lovefilm, I think.

Back then I'd play way more games than I did when I had to buy them.
Except lovefilm send you 200 discs upfront and then 10 discs a month. You have to send 4-5 back each month too, of course.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Finally bit the bullet and ordered an Xbox Series X. Have owned every single Playstation since their inception, however not being able to get one still 7 months after launch is nothing short of disgraceful.

So guys, having now moved to the other side, can anyone tell me what can i expect? I have heard about the game pass. Are you able to download the games and keep them forever ? Will Fifa be in there? and Hitman 3?
Don't listen to the horrible people trying to make you feel bad. If anything they just prove you made the right decision to seperate yourself from them.

You're gonna have a great time. Game Pass is fantastic. I recommend trying things you wouldn't normally buy. Fifa is there, yeah. Hitman isn't.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It's £1 for the first 3 months so just getting FIFA 21 can be a win. Take a look at the other games on there and see if anything is for you. I'm not sure what's on the Xbox side but I get enough games on the PC side to keep it worthwhile there are supposed to be more on the Xbox side. If you don't like it quit and renew it when Xbox games start dropping.

Where did you get the Xbox Series X from they are still sold out over here.
You can make it £1 for 3 years if you follow my method in the tagged posts in the xbox thread

Bosws87

They discuss what they expect from the super resolution (DLSS alternative) for the AMD GPUs (including PS5/XBOX) and they are making it pretty obvious they think its gonna be crap.

I know there was some discussion the other day about how great this feature was going to be by some people.

Redlambs

They discuss what they expect from the super resolution (DLSS alternative) for the AMD GPUs (including PS5/XBOX) and they are making it pretty obvious they think its gonna be crap.

I know there was some discussion the other day about how great this feature was going to be by some people.
Crap at first, but it will get better.

It'll never be the boost some believe it will be though as, unlike DLSS, there's no dedicated hardware for it.

Bosws87

Crap at first, but it will get better.

It'll never be the boost some believe it will be though as, unlike DLSS, there's no dedicated hardware for it.
On the positive look at the Doom Eternal Raytracing part (be careful though its PC only :nervous:)