Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ainu

Just a quick reminder - Starfield is exclusive on platforms that host Game Pass.
People are putting a lot of faith in a new IP developed by a studio with a pretty poor track record for the last 10 years, who haven't developed a new IP in eons. I'd rate the chances of it being a disappointment higher than it being a success at this point.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
They're both great consoles which means it should be a really good, competitive gen. Sony made a balls of things two gens ago and MS made such a balls of last gen that it gave Sony an insurmountable lead. I'm just glad both companies have released two excellent, powerful machines at competitive prices and are both now heavily pushing exclusives rather than other shit, it's good for the consumer no matter which they buy. If I didn't have a good gaming PC i'd probably own both by now.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
They're both great consoles which means it should be a really good, competitive gen. Sony made a balls of things two gens ago and MS made such a balls of last gen that it gave Sony an insurmountable lead. I'm just glad both companies have released two excellent, powerful machines are competitive prices and are both now heavily pushing exclusives rather than other shit, it's good for the consumer no matter which they buy.
This.

But PC > all. mwahahaha!

El General 1994

People are putting a lot of faith in a new IP developed by a studio with a pretty poor track record for the last 10 years, who haven't developed a new IP in eons. I'd rate the chances of it being a disappointment higher than it being a success at this point.
You've got a good point - but as a Xbot (at long last) we got something exclusive to be disappointed in!

El General 1994

They're both great consoles which means it should be a really good, competitive gen. Sony made a balls of things two gens ago and MS made such a balls of last gen that it gave Sony an insurmountable lead. I'm just glad both companies have released two excellent, powerful machines at competitive prices and are both now heavily pushing exclusives rather than other shit, it's good for the consumer no matter which they buy. If I didn't have a good gaming PC i'd probably own both by now.
All joking aside this is bang on. Sony need a good Microsoft to challenge them - we've seen them become arrogant. Microsoft need to learn from Sony with their quality exclusives and it looks like they will take heed based on their internal review of The Last of Us Part 2.

b82REZ

All joking aside this is bang on. Sony need a good Microsoft to challenge them - we've seen them become arrogant. Microsoft need to learn from Sony with their quality exclusives and it looks like they will take heed based on their internal review of The Last of Us Part 2.
Can a loss be a win? Always, according to the Xboners.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I’m enjoying all my new games which are only available on PS5.

What are you playing again?
Hitman 3, Yakuza 0, No Man’s Sky, Observation, Rocket League occasionally with friends, and COD, plus still have Valhalla to get back to. Also have Wreckfest to jump on every now and then and a few others bits off Game Pass ready to go.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Hitman 3, Yakuza 0, No Man’s Sky, Observation, Rocket League occasionally with friends, and COD, plus still have Valhalla to get back to. Also have Wreckfest to jump on every now and then and a few others bits off Game Pass ready to go.
So no new games? So glad I didn’t spend £450 to play Rocket League and Yakuza 0.

b82REZ

Imagine paying £450 on a console to brag you're playing games that came out last gen (thay are available everywhere else as well).

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Fallout 4 was commercially and critically a success. Yes you get people who don't rate it the same way you do for any huge game - look at the commentary around games like TLOU2.

Fallout 76 clearly had a terrible start. But it was a live service game which are often (almost always) plagued with these issues and was rushed out. The game has clearly turned around though, and is now pretty damn popular.

The key thing is that recognize they can't get away with putting out a buggy experience now that they have Xbox's investment behind them and are a first-party studio, particular in wake of Cyberpunk. With the Halo delay then I think Xbox will get that, and you'd hope the resulting focus of having to develop only for the pc/xs gdk plus the extra qa and technical support that Xbox can give them, that it'll be a quality experience. I was surprised they put a date on it so early - I am guessing that shows some confidence, but with 18 months of road ahead of them there is surely still a lot to do.. maybe it's closer than we think from a content creation and playability perspective, and it's not far off being all about polish.

Or.. maybe they push it back (would be a bit of a disaster).

I expect that it'll still fall short for some people because they are in a really tough position. Fallout and ES developers will have all these expectations on them of what the game should be. There will be people that want Fallout in space, and others that want something different that feels fresh. But, I absolutely expect it to be huge commercially and would be surprised if it wasn't critically acclaimed.

Bosws87

It will be a buggy mess solved by the pc modding community as usual, lets not pretend otherwise.

There may well be a good game in there have to wait and see on that part, there will need to be considerable upgrades and changes compared to Skyrim (ignoring fallout 4 as it was crap) to bring it up to standards expected now.

I have little faith in bethesda be nice to be wrong though.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Imagine paying £450 on a console to brag you're playing games that came out last gen (thay are available everywhere else as well).
It doesn’t matter where else they’re available :lol:

More terrible points from a Sony boy

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Fallout 4 was commercially and critically a success. Yes you get people who don't rate it the same way you do for any huge game - look at the commentary around games like TLOU2.

Fallout 76 clearly had a terrible start. But it was a live service game which are often (almost always) plagued with these issues and was rushed out. The game has clearly turned around though, and is now pretty damn popular.

The key thing is that recognize they can't get away with putting out a buggy experience now that they have Xbox's investment behind them and are a first-party studio, particular in wake of Cyberpunk. With the Halo delay then I think Xbox will get that, and you'd hope the resulting focus of having to develop only for the pc/xs gdk plus the extra qa and technical support that Xbox can give them, that it'll be a quality experience. I was surprised they put a date on it so early - I am guessing that shows some confidence, but with 18 months of road ahead of them there is surely still a lot to do.. maybe it's closer than we think from a content creation and playability perspective, and it's not far off being all about polish.

Or.. maybe they push it back (would be a bit of a disaster).

I expect that it'll still fall short for some people because they are in a really tough position. Fallout and ES developers will have all these expectations on them of what the game should be. There will be people that want Fallout in space, and others that want something different that feels fresh. But, I absolutely expect it to be huge commercially and would be surprised if it wasn't critically acclaimed.
Fallout 4 and 76 are shite though. 4 is a bit better than gets credit for, but it overall a massive disappointment. Nearly all Bethseda developed games have massive issues and were only ever properly fixed by the modding community.

That being said, I agree that somehow it will come out to great fanfare yet not be disappointing anywhere like we all are fearful of. I have hopes it will at very least launch well and get content pumped in over time.

Bosws87

Has there been any hint of what Moon Studios next game will be on the xbox side?

The only Xbox studio that i can be excited about currently.

Balljy

Are there any rumours about another Viva Piñata from Rare? An open world version of that with modern graphics would be just :drool:

Bosws87

Yes. But PS5 owners will be paying around £60.

Xbots have it on GamePass.
You have to balance it with the amount of time he's saved by not having to download all the shovelware and play through it to make his gamepass purchase feel relevant.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Imagine only singing when you think you are winning. I don't remember many of these guys following locky around like little sycophants last generation when the going was tough...
I can't believe you don't remember all of Veeva's posts in the PS4 v Xbone thread.

I know this is a little against the thread title rule and hardly a revelation, but I'm just looking through Xbox One best sellers and there's so little to be excited about there. Playstation exclusives make it just far far more interesting.

Main reason I'm on Xbox is because most mates are, but it's very rare I even play with them.
Watch me switch for the next gen and Xbox have loads of sweet exclusives.
:(

Conor

I wish it was a thing that was just confined to Apple but unfortunately it's true across almost everything.

Just look at what brands most people buy from Tesco which are exactly the same ingredients as their Value or Aldi counterparts for 4x less money.

Not everybody can take the piss and get away with it, but being predisposed to buying one brand unless (overwhelming) evidence the other way.
Why did Sony bother with spending millions on building a very strong Playstation brand if there is no impact on sales? I'm curious.
Guys, you are just wrong! The concept of brand loyalty just doesn't exist in console sales, do some research.