Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
No one else takes this as seriously as you guys.

It's actually amazing really, considering how often people talk of things going wrong and not having anything to play in your thread. Very similar to Brexit tribalism - nothing actually good but fiercely arguing your case constantly, often with untruths and exaggerations.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Yeah sales mean absolutely nothing :lol: you absolute basket case.
Au contraire. Have you seen the proliferation of superhero movies recently? High sales translates to atrophy as companies desperately seek to ring out water from the popularity of existing trends.

I'd much sooner be on the side of the company experimenting with their products, providing dizzying value as they desperately seek to get people on board the boat.

And then once the boat is full, I jump off to swim freely in the clear blue waters, adventuring to find my next island paradise.

QED.

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Au contraire. Have you seen the proliferation of superhero movies recently? High sales translates to atrophy as companies desperately seek to ring out as much water they can from the popularity of existing trends.

I'd much sooner be on the side of the company experimenting with their products, providing dizzying value as they desperately seek to get people on board the boat.

And then once the boat is full, I jump off to swim freely in the clear blue waters, adventuring to find my next island paradise.
Great post. They'll just keep repeating "hurr durr look how many things the big company sold" as if it means anything to anyone other than the Sony finance department.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Great post. They'll just keep repeating "hurr durr look how many things the big company sold" as if it means anything to anyone other than the Sony finance department.
Well if you like, we can go back to games, and MS lack of...?

Or metacritic scores...?

What about innovative features...?

I'm bored...

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Or metacritic scores...?

I'm bored...
You've got people complaining about nothing to play in your own thread mate. Get a grip of reality. Meanwhile we're all here with full hard drives and too much to play.

afrocentricity

You've got people complaining about nothing to play in your own thread mate. Get a grip of reality. Meanwhile we're all here with full hard drives and too much to play.
What games do you have on your hard drive? On mine I have some truly sensational games and I've got plenty to play, can't speak for others. What are you playing?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
What games do you have on your hard drive? On mine I have some truly sensational games and I've got plenty to play, can't speak for others. What are you playing?
Yakuza 0
Valhalla
Hitman 3
Flight Sim
Warzone
No Man's Sky
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Observation
Wreckfest
Omno
The Ascent
Sea of Theives
Rocket League
Little Nightmares

When I finish a few I'll be downloading Plague Tale and Hellblade.

afrocentricity

Yakuza 0
Valhalla
Hitman 3
Flight Sim
Warzone
No Man's Sky
Observation
Wreckfest
Omno
The Ascent
Sea of Theives
Rocket League
Little Nightmares

Need to get yourself a PlayStation mate.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Yakuza 0
Valhalla
Hitman 3
Flight Sim
Warzone
No Man's Sky
Observation
Wreckfest
Omno
The Ascent
Sea of Theives
Rocket League
Little Nightmares

you give Omno much of a go? It’s great fun

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
For this years, Forza Horizon 5, Flight Sim and Halo Infinite or Returnal and Ratchet & Clank. Hmm.

Will you be buying Hades in a few weeks? Cause for us on gamepass we'll get to play it without spending an extra penny.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
For this years, Forza Horizon 5, Flight Sim and Halo Infinite or Returnal and Ratchet & Clank. Hmm.

Will you be buying Hades in a few weeks? Cause for us on gamepass we'll get to play it without spending an extra penny.
Can’t compare multi-platform games v exclusives.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
afro quoting his own post thinking no one replied because it's on the last page when really it's because VR is still a massive gimmick. Also there's way Sony can make that controller and it not break every 2 weeks as per the last one.

Alock1

Sony not fecking around. RIP @Bojan11

I'm playing Hades on PC. Good game
Is it wireless though?

And, you are pleased that Sony want to focus on games that don't even need VR and its just a gimmicky option that isn't required? Okay.

Seems strange for a VR enthusiast to want something that let's be fair will almost certainly hold back VR innovation.

afrocentricity

Is it wireless though?

And, you are pleased that Sony want to focus on games that don't even need VR and its just a gimmicky option that isn't required? Okay.

Seems strange for a VR enthusiast to want something that let's be fair will almost certainly hold back VR innovation.
Erm... I liked stuff like No Man's Sky, Hitman, Skyrim, Resident Evil 7, GT Sport, etc etc...

Of course we'll still get the built for VR stuff like Astro Bot and Blood & Truth (which I suspect they're working on already). Imagine GTAVR mate, or Battlefield 2042 VR mode. This is good... I reckon there will be a wireless version released later.

afro quoting his own post thinking no one replied because it's on the last page when really it's because VR is still a massive gimmick. Also there's way Sony can make that controller and it not break every 2 weeks as per the last one.
I'm fecking lazy that's why. Go back to having a bash in the corner...

But for real though, this is good...

Alock1

Erm... I liked stuff like No Man's Sky, Hitman, Skyrim, Resident Evil 7, GT Sport, etc etc...

Of course we'll still get the built for VR stuff like Astro Bot and Blood & Truth (which I suspect they're working on already). Imagine GTAVR mate, or Battlefield 2042 VR mode. This is good... I reckon there will be a wireless version released later.
But by indies, not Sony, who as you quoted want to move away from 'VR experiences'

A wireless version is needed for me to ever be interested. They should copy the Quest 2 and have games that can be played wirelessly through the power of the headset and games that need to be wired (or streamed from the box, if they can get good enough quality & latency to avoid motion sickness) which need the power of the console.

If you could stream it wirelessly from the console and it was perceivably the same as being wired, you wouldn't need to power games natively of course.

afrocentricity

But by indies, not Sony, who as you quoted want to move away from 'VR experiences'

A wireless version is needed for me to ever be interested. They should copy the Quest 2 and have games that can be played wirelessly through the power of the headset and games that need to be wired (or streamed from the box, if they can get good enough quality & latency to avoid motion sickness) which need the power of the console.

If you could stream it wirelessly from the box and it was perceivable the same as being wired, you wouldn't need to power games natively of course.
When they say experimental, they mean stuff like VR World's, Batman VR, etc. The stuff that you don't want to play let's be honest? This push for triple A is to grow the market because it seems like they are settled on what they want PSVR to be. Look at those specs, that's more than competitive.

This is going to be big, we can revisit this at a later time.

Edit: Also in the post you just quoted I told about two Sony studios working on built for VR games. London Studios & Team Asobi. Pay attention....

Alock1

When they say experimental, they mean stuff like VR World's, Batman VR, etc. The stuff that you doing want to play let's be honest? This push for triple A is to grow the market because it seems like they are settled on what they want PSVR to be. Look at those specs, that's more than competitive.

This is going to be big, we can revisit this at a later time.
I hope it is, anything that brings new and polished experiences. I almost bought a Quest 2 on impulse (I actually bought one and just didn't bother picking it up from Argos and it got refunded) because I was isolating and bored.

afrocentricity

I hope it is, anything that brings new and polished experiences. I almost bought a Quest 2 on impulse (I actually bought one and just didn't bother picking it up from Argos and it got refunded) because I was isolating and bored.
Me too a while back but I'm glad I waited. Quest is going to very under powered compared to this, plus I just don't like the Facebook integration.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
The problem with VR is I've got a nice shiny 65inch 4k HDR TV and I'd feel like I was cheating on it with a VR headset :lol:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Kinda makes sense that they're losing subscribers. PS4 is at the end of its lifecycle and people want a PS5 but can't get one so probably don't want to be on PS+ til they have one.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I'm surprised Gamepass isn't higher, though? 18m makes up a pretty small amount of Xbox console owners and Gamepass is basically the main benefit to owning an Xbox console.

EDIT: And I'm assuming that 18m includes PC gamers too?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

Fully Fledged

Or metacritic scores...?

I'm bored...
You mean like an expansion card that the company will actually put their name behind rather than, "okay, you can now fit a expansion card to your console but if it bricks your console it's on you."