Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bosws87

More impressed that guy spent 21 minutes thinking anyone cares about his opinion.

Video game players likes more video games what a shocker, as said multiple times you are doing yourself a disservice if you own just an Xbox or just a PS5.

If you can only afford one then obviously lean towards the one that pushes your buttons.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Only 21 minutes? I wish there was more.

MiceOnMeth

More impressed that guy spent 21 minutes thinking anyone cares about his opinion.

Video game players likes more video games what a shocker, as said multiple times you are doing yourself a disservice if you own just an Xbox or just a PS5.

If you can only afford one then obviously lean towards the one that pushes your buttons.
An xbox is pointless if you already have a gaming pc.

Alock1

Xbox has got their next showcase on Aug 24th (no new surprises expected).

When will Sony have their big digital showcase? Looking forward to anything relating to 2022 and ahead.
They've announced so many games for the next few years, there must be 15-20 first party games announced that they could show stuff on without needing surprises.

Not expecting much, mind. Be good to see Halo campaign (with release date), more Forza Horizon 5 and some Redfall gameplay.

Fully Fledged

They've announced so many games for the next few years, there must be 15-20 first party games announced that they could show stuff on without needing surprises.

Not expecting much, mind. Be good to see Halo campaign (with release date), more Forza Horizon 5 and some Redfall gameplay.
I don't think we'll see Redfall as I'm almost sure they said that the games shown will be titles for release this year while Redfall is pencilled in for 2022.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No mate the whole save and unforgiving nature put me off
I'd give it 8-9 (more 9). Give it a shot at some point. I'm casual as feck and I'm on the way to a platinum, the difficulty is overstated but a save state would be welcome.

I take it that you've brought it recently? Because it's a short game to be still playing this long after launch.
Gameplay loop will probably keep me coming back for years. Or at least until we get more...

Alock1

I'd give it 8-9 (more 9). Give it a shot at some point. I'm casual as feck and I'm on the way to a platinum, the difficulty is overstated but a save state would be welcome.
The thing is after Gamepass it's really hard to drop £50-70 on a game. If I was confident I'd complete it quickly then I'd buy and trade back in but I know I won't. I made that mistake with the new Ratchet and Clank.

Hopefully it'll be on PS+ Collection at some point or drops to £25 in a digital sale next year.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The thing is after Gamepass it's really hard to drop £50-70 on a game. If I was confident I'd complete it quickly then I'd buy and trade back in but I know I won't. I made that mistake with the new Ratchet and Clank.

Hopefully it'll be on PS+ Collection at some point or drops to £25 in a digital sale next year.
I got it for around 38 quid in the sale with PSN vouchers...

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

In total, 146,000 consoles were sold in the four weeks ending July 31st, which is a drop of 21% over the previous four-week period (GfK data). PS5 sold roughly the same number of units as it did the month before and was the best-selling console of July. Nintendo Switch had a slightly weaker month, while stock shortages meant that Xbox Series X/S suffered a bigger drop and remains in third place. Overall, hardware sales for the first seven months of 2021 are 32% up over the year before.