Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I've not played the original so can't really comment on the sequel as don't want to spoil myself in the event I do play the original at some point. Looks like it is rating well which is nice. Always good to see Microsoft starting to expand the variation in the genre of games they put out.
Are you likely to play 16 year old OG Xbox game? If so, it's currently £0.69 on Steam and Xbox until tomorrow.

There's a good 1 hour recap on youtube for anybody that really wants that level of detail but doesn't want to go through it, and Psychonauts 2 actually has a recap built into the game at the start, as I guess they know the vast majority will be coming in fresh.

For those of you on PS5, whilst there isn't a native version it does use the PS4 pro and has unlocked framerate, meaning it hits 1440p at 60fps. It's not a game that you're buying to be a graphical showcase but for the gameplay, level design and story - so still seems like it could be a solid purchase.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Are you likely to play 16 year old OG Xbox game? If so, it's currently £0.69 on Steam and Xbox until tomorrow.

There's a good 1 hour recap on youtube for anybody that really wants that level of detail but doesn't want to go through it, and Psychonauts 2 actually has a recap built into the game at the start, as I guess they know the vast majority will be coming in fresh.

For those of you on PS5, whilst there isn't a native version it does use the PS4 pro and has unlocked framerate, meaning it hits 1440p at 60fps. It's not a game that you're buying to be a graphical showcase but for the gameplay, level design and story - so still seems like it could be a solid purchase.
Age of games doesn't bother me and it is a genre of game I like. Thanks for letting me know the price - would rather play the game myself than just watching a recap on youtube.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Some interesting comments today in the PS5 thread about Ghosts of Sushi:

The world is pretty but ultimately pretty bland with very few really exciting things to discover

I just wish the character had some personality

I got bored because of the pacing of the story

Is this the true power of Sony's exclusives?

Bosws87

Some interesting comments today in the PS5 thread about Ghosts of Sushi:

The world is pretty but ultimately pretty bland with very few really exciting things to discover

I just wish the character had some personality

I got bored because of the pacing of the story

Is this the true power of Sony's exclusives?
Nope thats just open worlds in general been shite for a very long time.

Quicker the trend dies of making everything open world the better.

Alock1

Nope thats just open worlds in general been shite for a very long time.

Quicker the trend dies of making everything open world the better.
Sony's open worlds are almost more Ubisoft than Ubisofts these days. I loved Spiderman Remaster but never finished Miles as I just got tired of the formula.

I wonder who will be the one to rip it up. Cyberpunk was meant to be it but it felt similar to every other open world to me.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Yes Ghost suffers from what a lot of open world suffers from. That was discussed in the thread back at launch (I originally stopped playing the game and went back). Somebody does need to change how open world games are made and how we as players interact with the world.

I disagree with the criticism of Jin. He’s a samurai with a code - personally I liked his character arc and liked the decision you had to make at the end of the game.

I will play the DC at some point because it’s a very fun game in parts and I hope SP build on this and make a sequel because there’s potential for an extremely good series of games.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I didn't enjoy Ghost at the start, too many annoying fetch quests. I gave it another go at a later date, ignored all the foxes and birds and found it to be a much better game then. It's also a bit of a slow burner early on, the combat gets much better as you progress, and the mystic quests and duels were fantastic. Solid 8/10. There are much worse OWG culprits in Sony's catalog, like Days Gone (still not a bad game, though).

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Never understood the appeal of open world games myself. I could just open my door and head outside...
bbbut PSVR2... I get the disdain as OW games can be samey if you get wrapped up in the checklists etc. If the gameplay is good, the sandbox is good, and the story is great however (things that Sony excel at)? That can be epic. Skyrim and NMS were amazing in VR. So keep them open worlds coming...

Of course like you say you could just go outside and throw fireballs down the street at the building sized dragon.... where do you live again?

BristolRuss

Has the PS5 managed to add VRR yet? I mean it says on the box that it supports it so I would hope after 9 months it actually does.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Rest of the year he will add Back4Blood, Diablo 2 Remaster, Halo Infinite, Forza Horizon 5, CrossfireX at no extra cost

What about you?
feck knows I don't plan that far ahead... I like the look of B4B, prob try out Kena, and Deathloop. Probably revisit Death Stranding before getting into BF2042. Maybe dip into the backlog, early next year is stacked too.

Alock1

feck knows I don't plan that far ahead... I like the look of B4B, prob try out Kena, and Deathloop. Probably revisit Death Stranding before getting into BF2042. Maybe dip into the backlog, early next year is stacked too.
Ouch. Sorry mate.

#nogames

evil_geko

Imagine Sony lying about something for marketing and hype. Nothing new here.

The overhyping of PS5 SSD was beyond ridiculous. Throw some marketing lies here and there and fanboys will eat it up, that is how console sale records happen, has nothing to do with actual hardware quality unfortunately.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Imagine Sony lying about something for marketing and hype. Nothing new here.

The overhyping of PS5 SSD was beyond ridiculous. Throw some marketing lies here and there and fanboys will eat it up, that is how console sale records happen, has nothing to do with actual hardware quality unfortunately.
Have you banged your head?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Usually I'm all for calling out Sony for their repository of fake information but SSD's are one of the best things about both of the new consoles.

Even if it is a lie I'm happy believing in the magic.

evil_geko

Usually I'm all for dissing Sony and their repository of fake information but SSD's are one of the best things about both of the new consoles.

Party on dudes.
Sure, no one said otherwise, SSDs are amazing, and Sony SSD is brilliant, just talking about some marketing lies here, nothing else.