Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I don't know, maybe a worldwide pandemic?

Now is the prefect time for otherwise gimmicky stuff like kinect and that facebook thing to actually take off.
Ah right, sorry, didn't realise you were agreeing with my point around Kinect probably selling right now. Rare that you aren't being provocative :)

AaronRedDevil

Don’t care about specs, the are basically nothing. only cared about the backwards compatibility. Sad I can’t play any ps1 or 2 games on this. Shame.

Bojan11

Don’t care about specs, the are basically nothing. only cared about the backwards compatibility. Sad I can’t play any ps1 or 2 games on this. Shame.
Who told you that was a thing? If they knew how to do that they would have done it on the PS4 a long time ago.

Bojan11

Disappointing considering how Xbox are going all out. Guess I have to keep my loud Pro for now.

AaronRedDevil

Who told you that was a thing? If they knew how to do that they would have done it on the PS4 a long time ago.
No one. Just hoping for it. For how "powerful" it is. Hope they have the sense to at least put them all on the store.

Bojan11

No one. Just hoping for it. For how "powerful" it is. Hope they have the sense to at least put them all on the store.
Don’t think it’s possible or they just wanna sell those PS1 or PS2 games again to you on PSN.

Anyway forget that. Let’s worry about PS4 BC first. Even that’s not complete which is annoying. I knew Sony would be less powerful but atleast have full BC

Irwin99

So.... all of my downloaded PS4 games from PSN (including old ports of FF7 and RE1) might not play on the PS5? :(

Ainu

They will always have the issue that the hardware from PS1 to 3 is just too different and weird for backwards compatibility. The best you can hope for is software emulation, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Rooney1987

Disappointing considering how Xbox are going all out. Guess I have to keep my loud Pro for now.
Can't say I'm surprised, 110 million PS4s out there and they'll want to keep that going for as long as possible. Xbox Ones are on 45mil give or take.

Big takeaway for me is the price. You said in the PS5 thread based on storage and 10 'flops' they're clearly going for a 400 to 450 price at this point.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Flops isn't convincing anyone to buy. £$€ is the most important thing because it's splitting hairs in terms of performance.

Fifa will load 4 seconds faster on this console? Who cares.

This is €50 cheaper? Bingo!

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
So.... all of my downloaded PS4 games from PSN (including old ports of FF7 and RE1) might not play on the PS5? :(
Most should. They're testing games out, like Xbox, but they say the majority should work.

We believe that the overwhelming majority of the 4,000+ PS4 titles will be playable on PS5.

We’re expecting backward compatible titles will run at a boosted frequency on PS5 so that they can benefit from higher or more stable frame rates and potentially higher resolutions. We’re currently evaluating games on a title-by-title basis to spot any issues that need adjustment from the original software developers.

In his presentation, Mark Cerny provided a snapshot into the Top 100 most-played PS4 titles, demonstrating how well our backward compatibility efforts are going. We have already tested hundreds of titles and are preparing to test thousands more as we move toward launch. We will provide updates on backward compatibility, along with much more PS5 news, in the months ahead. Stay tuned!
Correction: To date, we’ve spent over 100K hours testing your favorite games from Xbox One, including existing backward compatible 360 & OG Xbox games, on Xbox Series X. While we are still in the process of validating, we can confirm thousands of games will be playable at launch.
They'll never say 'all' due to the litigious nature of people.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Depending on how the Xbox exclusives shape up I might end up getting both systems this time (like PS360), what a turnaround. I'll get PS5 for VR at launch and then XBox as soon as it gets compelling.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Depending on how the Xbox exclusives shape up I might end up getting both systems this time (like PS360), what a turnaround. I'll get PS5 for VR at launch and then XBox as soon as it gets compelling.
Good plan.

People are getting giddy about MS buying up some teams. But me...well I think caution should definitely apply there. Their track record in that area leaves a lot to be desired.

Also on the PC front, if Sony continue to port their games, then that will be a great thing. Because so far the gamepass is tragic on PC for how it works, more than that all MS games are absolutely ridiculous in how they work and require linking through the shit Xbox software, the even worse MS store and ultimately being dependant on Windows updates that even windows update doesn't know about. It's a mess. If Sony continue the straight port idea, that will only help rather than hinder like the fanboys think.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I'll be going PS5 about a year after launch. Everyone I know that went XBOne ended up buying a PS4 and I can't see the next gen changing matters.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

“Too fast” what a load of PR bollocks. As if the physics of games are based on the frequency of the chip or the bandwidth of the memory bus.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
“Too fast” what a load of PR bollocks. As if the physics of games are based on the frequency of the chip or the bandwidth of the memory bus.
That post is incorrect, Sony later clarified that they were specifically talking about boost mode (called native mode in that image) compatibility (higher resolution and/or framerate). Most (if not all) of the PS4 catalogue will work on the PS5 sure to PS4 emulation (called legacy mode in that image). Afaik...

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
You should be able to play PS4 games you've got on PSN on the PS5.
I'm not sure if the games I'm thinking of are PS4. Basically I really don't want to lose Double Dragon Neon and Strider as they're the only games I like :lol:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I'm not sure if the games I'm thinking of are PS4. Basically I really don't want to lose Double Dragon Neon and Strider as they're the only games I like :lol:
I think if there was going to be PS1-3 backwards compatibility, it would have been revealed by now. You won't "lose" them in the sense you will never be able to play them, just you won't be able to play them until there's a future console that is compatible with them

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Just a mockup.
Thanks. That looks really good imo. I'm sure there will be lots of different colours, there always are. Also, I'd love if we could switch all the Led lights completely off - I find them really distracting.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I won't be buying a next gen console for a few years, until the price comes waaay down, but I do like that the Xbox is slightly more powerful and will have backwards compatibility over 4 generations, will likely be pretty quiet.

But I know I'll end up getting the PS5 because my mates will get it, and because TLOU3. It would be nice if Microsoft could produce something.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I'll wait until a Tekken game gets released. Then I'm all in. Hopefully the price will go down by that point also.

passing-wind

Vouch for the PS as it's the platform I've played throughout the years. The issue with me though is that Xbox hands down has the best driving vechile experiences especially with a solid market leading Forza. If it wasn't for my own passions surrounding cars I'd still turn the Xbox down due to the controller, they are too bulky and uncomfortable in my opinion.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Vouch for the PS as it's the platform I've played throughout the years. The issue with me though is that Xbox hands down has the best driving vechile experiences especially with a solid market leading Forza. If it wasn't for my own passions surrounding cars I'd still turn the Xbox down due to the controller, they are too bulky and uncomfortable in my opinion.
There's nothing about Forza or Gran Turismo which replicate vehicle experiences. If you want that, look towards Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, iRacing, Dirt Rally etc. All but iRacing are cross platform. Forza is a market leader for people who don't understand vehicle dynamics and want to drive super cars.