Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Firestarter

That’s never going to happen, so you gonna have find another way to seal the deal.

There’s literally no incentive for Rockstar to do and Sony could fund two games with the money Rockstar would want. As you not just including game sales missed at launch, but also GTA online cashcards which sell like hot cakes on both consoles.
Being exclusive is unlikely, yes. However being first released on one of the consoles is not that far fetched.

Bojan11

Being exclusive is unlikely, yes. However being first released on one of the consoles is not that far fetched.
Well it is because of the reasons I told you. Back in 2007, MS paid like 100 million to get DLC exclusive first for GTA 4. So imagine now with what you suggesting the full game and with GTA online how much they’d have to spend to get that exclusive first. That’s why it sounds so far fetched. They could make three or four games on the scale of GOW/last of us with that sort of money. Also if Rockstar were even considering something like that, which I doubt they would also inform MS and they would financially blow Sony out the water if it comes to bidding on something. MS probably did try in the 360 era to get it first and they ended up with the DLC.

The Firestarter

Well it is because of the reasons I told you. Back in 2007, MS paid like 100 million to get DLC exclusive first for GTA 4. So imagine now with what you suggesting the full game and with GTA online how much they’d have to spend to get that exclusive first. That’s why it sounds so far fetched. They could make three or four games on the scale of GOW/last of us with that sort of money. Also if Rockstar were even considering something like that, which I doubt they would also inform MS and they would financially blow Sony out the water if it comes to bidding on something. MS probably did try in the 360 era to get it first and they ended up with the DLC.
You are aware of the recent leak right ?

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/1198855/GTA-6-PS5-Xbox-Two-battle-Sony-gamble

The Firestarter

Mate you posting me article from the express who are quoting a pastebin. You may as well ask the cat.
Regardless of that being true or not, to me such an idea isn't that far fetched as you claim. Agreeing to disagree then!

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I'll probably decide to wait a few years to buy the PS5 because there are never any good games at launch, then cave in after around six months and buy it anyway because I'm a tech bitch, and then barely touch it for another two or three years until the good exclusives come out.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Their next-gen console will be the most powerful Xbox ever made?! Well screw me sideways and call me Sally, didn't see that coming.

AaronRedDevil

Wait so the xbox series X is actually the next gen console? What is it with the freaking names of Xbox consoles. Looks like 2 gamecubes put on top of each other.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Xbox names are terrible.

Nintendo: Let's have a name (except 64 cause it was 64 bits)
Sony: Let's just go in numerical order because we're sensible
Xbox: 360, One, Series X, 24/7, 100%, 3.14, Xbox presents the xbox, Xbox 2: Electric Boogaloo

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Xbox names are terrible.

Nintendo: Let's have a name (except 64 cause it was 64 bits)
Sony: Let's just go in numerical order because we're sensible
Xbox: 360, One, Series X, 24/7, 100%, 3.14, Xbox presents the xbox, Xbox 2: Electric Boogaloo
:lol: I mean what was the thinking behind "360"? Or "One X"! ? Or "SERIES X"? You've got a decent enough name in XBox. Stop following up with arbitrary nonsense becuase you got bored.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
:lol: I mean what was the thinking behind "360"? Or "One X"! ? Or "SERIES X"? You've got a decent enough name in XBox. Stop following up with arbitrary nonsense becuase you got bored.
360 was named that way because of the Playstation 3.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Isn't Xbox supposed to be releasing another console that is even lower in specs that developers would have to take into account?
The article insinuated they'd have to if they didn't want to get blown away by Sony in price point on launch.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
What do you mean by that?
Personally I'm at the point where nothing impresses me now with graphics, at least the hyper-realistic stuff. They've reached a plateau.

People were gushing about the Senua 2 trailer recently and her facial animations but hyper-realistic facial animation has been around a while now.

I find something like Ori infinitely more impressive than Norman Reedus' skin pores in Death Stranding.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Personally I'm at the point where nothing impresses me now with graphics, at least the hyper-realistic stuff. They've reached a plateau.

People were gushing about the Senua 2 trailer recently and her facial animations but hyper-realistic facial animation has been around a while now.

I find something like Ori infinitely more impressive than Norman Reedus' skin pores in Death Stranding.
The Witcher 3 already looks dated compared to RDR2.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

I understand you now but I think it's still amazing to me with some of the graphics PC has to offer. For instance, RDR2, graphics were pretty amazing on the xbox one x but some of the settings that are available for PC, aren't even switched on for the consoles. That excites and how far we can still go. I'm a graphics whore, personally, though.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Isn't Xbox supposed to be releasing another console that is even lower in specs that developers would have to take into account?
Another thing that has happened for at least the last 2 gens is the bigging up of the MS machine more via "leaks" and all that. TF is not the most accurate way of measuring power for games either, it's just the easiest way they've got for people to digest simple numbers right now.

As always, pinch of salt people. There's plenty of ITK leaks to come over the next few months for people to get excited about, then all get forgotten again ;)

Castia

I think 2020 is going to be a year to remember for gamers. I think the competition is going to be bigger than ever with Nintendo selling the Switch in the millions with games like BotW 2 and Animal Crossing incoming whilst we’re also getting 2 beefy new consoles from Sony and Microsoft.

I don’t think consumers can go wrong, go with the weaker but potentially better exclusives with PlayStation or go for the 12 tf Xbox it’s newly acquired studios promising more exclusives, Gamepass and Xcloud.

I was mainly Xbox this gen (alongside pc) playing on the One X but I’m waiting for the full PS reveal before jumping to a conclusion.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I think 2020 is going to be a year to remember for gamers. I think the competition is going to be bigger than ever with Nintendo selling the Switch in the millions with games like BotW 2 and Animal Crossing incoming whilst we’re also getting 2 beefy new consoles from Sony and Microsoft.

I don’t think consumers can go wrong, go with the weaker but potentially better exclusives with PlayStation or go for the 12 tf Xbox it’s newly acquired studios promising more exclusives, Gamepass and Xcloud.

I was mainly Xbox this gen (alongside pc) playing on the One X but I’m waiting for the full PS reveal before jumping to a conclusion.
I read somewhere that Sony is looking to release two versions of the ps5. A budget version and a more expensive more powerful pro version.

Maybe the pro version’s specs will blow the X box away.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
XBox SeX specs
  • 12 Teraflops
  • Custom RDNA 2 & Zen 2 Processor
  • Variable Rate Shading
  • Hardware Accelerated DirectX Raytracing
  • Custom Built SSD
  • Quick Resume for Multiple Games
  • Dynamic Latency Input HDMI 2.1
  • Auto Low Latency Mode
  • Variable Refresh Rate
  • 120 FPS Support

Now for PS5 specs....

Cloud7

I think 2020 is going to be a year to remember for gamers.
I hope so. 2019 was pretty crap for me. The only highlight was getting a Switch, which has been amazing thus far, but the offerings for Playstation really disappointed me, especially after the delicious array of games I ended 2018 with. 2019 was the worst year for games in the six or seven years, at least for me personally.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The Xbox series X is gonna terra FLOP big time.
I don't know, them specs are sexy as feck. Obviously it's all about the games and the pricing but it's a good start. Let's see what Sony have....

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
To be honest, raw power isn’t going to be the defining factor in who’s going to come out on top in the next generation. Both consoles are probably going to have parity in that regard, with any discrepancies being fairly small. Certainly small enough that the majority of consumers are not going to delve into the minutiae of specs to see who has what, exactly.

As always it will come down to the games and services. As for the games, Sony obviously has Xbox beat hands down; there’s no comparison there. As for the services, Gamepass is obviously huge and could be a big deciding factor in all this, and their backwards compatibility seems better (although Sony may have more to say on this). Sony obviously has a huge install base with over (i think) 108 million units sold. That’s a lot of people in your ecosystem.

I love the sound of Gamepass, but i can’t see anything dragging me away from PlayStation at this point. I like trophies, i love the exclusives and i just think it’s a better ecosystem overall. It’s going to be interesting to watch though. Can’t wait.

Man of Steel

Smashed it!!
I'm doubting people's commitment to Sparkle Motion
To be honest, raw power isn’t going to be the defining factor in who’s going to come out on top in the next generation. Both consoles are probably going to have parity in that regard, with any discrepancies being fairly small. Certainly small enough that the majority of consumers are not going to delve into the minutiae of specs to see who has what, exactly.

As always it will come down to the games and services. As for the games, Sony obviously has Xbox beat hands down; there’s no comparison there. As for the services, Gamepass is obviously huge and could be a big deciding factor in all this, and their backwards compatibility seems better (although Sony may have more to say on this). Sony obviously has a huge install base with over (i think) 108 million units sold. That’s a lot of people in your ecosystem.

I love the sound of Gamepass, but i can’t see anything dragging me away from PlayStation at this point. I like trophies, i love the exclusives and i just think it’s a better ecosystem overall. It’s going to be interesting to watch though. Can’t wait.
Well I agree that has been the case in the past for certain games, but if the new game studios that Microsoft have now got, I think they have about 15? and they live up to the potential, then they could be pretty even within a few years. My mate who has worked in the industry for years said that it wouldn't happen overnight, but that its a very promising situation for xbox games.

It's good for us that there will be (hopefully) more competition, as it will bring better games and more innovation. If xbox has games that are on parity, or close with sony, then to be honest it seems a more attractive place to be with better services and back compat etc.

Watch Sony now break the tinternet as they drop details tomorrow that they've got a 12.1 floppy terror fapp, 2 litre injection console coming out for £350...

Castia

The Xbox series X is gonna terra FLOP big time.
They're in a great place to do well next gen. The console is ridiculously powerful, they have more exclusive games in development than ever before and for me gamepass is still the best thing in gaming. Add full backwards compatibility , the new Xcloud service along with Halo at launch and it’s going to fly off the shelves if they get the pricing right.

Dont get me wrong, it won’t outsell PlayStation they have too much of a gap to close but it will be much closer than this gen.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Yeah I'm sure it's gonna be good, guys.

I just wanted to use that pun - I have no idea what a terraflop is.