Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
If you can only afford a digital version then you’re best off just paying the extra £100 for the PS5 rather than the S.

Haptic is great but fully depends on whether developers take advantage of it.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Or get a Series S and 3 years of Gamepass Ultimate for the same price as the PS5 Digital Edition.

That's 3 years of Xbox Live, Gamepass (both for Xbox and PC), xCloud and EA Play.

You'd need to do the 3 year upgrade trick (buy 3 years of live, upgrade it to gamepass ultimate for £1). It's still working and fully encouraged by MS but who knows how long it'll work for (might be worth doing sooner before you even get the console)

Alock1

Haptic is amazing on Astros. On any other game I think the Xbox controller is still the better one as nobody else has really implemented it well and in a meaningful way (haven't played Demon Soulsk. I expect it won't get much support from third party devs but first party studios like Naughty Dog will definitely take advantage, and I'm sure that'd be great.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
clutching at straws comes to mind from the last page or so.

Series X runs worse in what 90%ish of the games on both platforms, has no killer game, nvm games at launch.

but we have Microsoft Flight simulator to look forward to.

Come back in 2 years time it may be a different playing field then for now apart from on these forums, its rare the xbox is even mentioned its all PS5 when and how can i get one.
yet It’s always ye banging on about this shit. Worse than the scouse. Reality is PS5 is currently slight less ‘meh’ than Xbox.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Or get a Series S and 3 years of Gamepass Ultimate for the same price as the PS5 Digital Edition.

That's 3 years of Xbox Live, Gamepass (both for Xbox and PC), xCloud and EA Play.

You'd need to do the 3 year upgrade trick (buy 3 years of live, upgrade it to gamepass ultimate for £1). It's still working and fully encouraged by MS but who knows how long it'll work for (might be worth doing sooner before you even get the console)
And then upgrade again in a few years for £300-500 because your stop gap console had become outdated....

I really don't understand the XSS, it's clearly not for someone like me. Would rather get an XSX.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
And then upgrade again in a few years for £300-500 because your stop gap console had become outdated....

I really don't understand the XSS, it's clearly not for someone like me. Would rather get an XSX.
It's for poor transient people like me who don't own their own houses. I always feel really uneasy buying expensive gadgets while living in rentals (specifically flats). XSS ticks a lot of boxes.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
It's for poor transient people like me who don't own their own houses. I always feel really uneasy buying expensive gadgets while living in rentals (specifically flats). XSS ticks a lot of boxes.
I think you get more bang for your buck with the ps5 digital but if you are a casual gamer then the S might be up your street (if you just want to causally play fifa or cod with your mates) also do you have a 4k tv? If you don’t then you might as well get the S.

Alock1

I think you get more bang for your buck with the ps5 digital but if you are a casual gamer then the S might be up your street (if you just want to causally play fifa or cod with your mates) also do you have a 4k tv? If you don’t then you might as well get the S.
Maybe more bang for your buck pure hardware wise but for the casual gamer there's gamepass. Like I said you can get 3 years of gamepass ultimate with series s for the same price as a ps5 digital edition which would still need a further £120 for 3 years of ps+ and then a games on top.

Value wise it's mega for people who don't buy tons of games and don't need the very best graphics

It's not for me either personally as I'd want 1tb of memory. Though you could say the same about my ps5 since after the 100gb needed for PS4 games I have 500gb left.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Maybe more bang for your buck pure hardware wise but for the casual gamer there's gamepass. Like I said you can get 3 years of gamepass ultimate with series s for the same price as a ps5 digital edition which would still need a further £120 for 3 years of ps+ and then a games on top.

Value wise it's mega for people who don't buy tons of games and don't need the very best graphics

It's not for me either personally as I'd want 1tb of memory. Though you could say the same about my ps5 since after the 100gb needed for PS4 games I have 500gb left.
Cool, yes game pass looks good, like I said it depends how casual, if you want a ‘next gen experience’ then the 5 all day, but the S is clearly good value especially for a casual gamer.

Also for either console an extended HDD is your friend!

Alock1

Cool, yes game pass looks good, like I said it depends how casual, if you want a ‘next gen experience’ then the 5 all day, but the S is clearly good value especially for a casual gamer.

Also for either console an extended HDD is your friend!
An external HDD has defo not been PS5's friend so far :smirk:

Alock1

Bit rich of Sony to stop selling Cyberpunk when they've just launched a console with a ton of bugs, crashes and with performance expected to improve with patches

Unfortunately my loud fan and coil whine can't be fixed with a patch

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Bit rich of Sony to stop selling Cyberpunk when they've just launched a console with a ton of bugs, crashes and with performance expected to improve with patches

Great post. Sony should issue refunds on that heap of shit

afrocentricity

Meanwhile here I am with no issues since my crash in week one. Maybe you got a dud?

Alock1

What's your trophy level?
:lol: deja vu

My trophies are spread across like 3/4 accounts mate so it's not an accurate representation (if anything it shows me playing way more than I have) but I've completed Astro, Spiderman Remastered and TLOU on PS5 to have experienced issues

You'd be one of the people in the cyberpunk thread 'well mine is fine' I'm sure

afrocentricity

Getting defensive :lol: yea you probably have played more than me on the PS5 but you seem to be complaining way more than anyone else I know... If it was me I'd have swapped that out already.

Alock1

Getting defensive :lol: yea you probably have played more than me on the PS5 but you seem to be complaining way more than anyone else I know... If it was me I'd have swapped that out already.
I've barely complained at all, when was my last post on it before this one :lol:

The problem is you can't swap it out. Sony (unless they've changed their stance) were only accepting returns/repairs on consoles that were bricking not for fan noise and coil whine. It seems like it's a much bigger problem than just a small % (though obviously it's hard to tell with this stuff..)

afrocentricity

I've barely complained at all, when was my last post on it before this one :lol:

The problem is you can't swap it out. Sony (unless they've changed their stance) were only accepting returns/repairs on consoles that were bricking not for fan noise and coil whine. It seems like it's a much bigger problem than just a small % (though obviously it's hard to tell with this stuff..)
By hook or crook mate, I'd be replacing it, launch hardware is finicky at the best of times... Touch wood eh! Mines been fine.

Alock1

By hook or crook mate, I'd be replacing it, launch hardware is finicky at the best of times... Touch wood eh! Mines been fine.
Haha, hunting down delivery drivers again to force a swap?

afrocentricity

feck yeah shits getting real now
;)

Haha, hunting down delivery drivers again to force a swap?
Nah just buying another and selling the duff one.... You seem happy enough though.

Been having a go at Xbox for promoting playing old games and then proceeds to play old games...
@Alock1 himself has played enough PS5 exclusives to kill that arguement you Muppet. Got any decent XsX exclusive gameplay footage for me?