Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Actually its true.

But having done some research on the issue it seems to be some sort of feature of the suit to make it look like he is lagging.... take a look at this.

This feature really annoyed me whilst playing it turned me off the game completely. Now I can probably go back to it and finish it.

Besides in regards to ray tracing performance i am underwhelmed so far. I feel the console can do with more power. The current consoles are at least 2 generations away from matching a 3080ti. PC gaming just gets held back as a resort.

Not played the game, but I've seen into the spider verse. As soon as I seen the "lag" I knew it was a feature as it was very much like he moves the film.

Actually its true.

But having done some research on the issue it seems to be some sort of feature of the suit to make it look like he is lagging.... take a look at this.

This feature really annoyed me whilst playing it turned me off the game completely. Now I can probably go back to it and finish it.

Besides in regards to ray tracing performance i am underwhelmed so far. I feel the console can do with more power. The current consoles are at least 2 generations away from matching a 3080ti. PC gaming just gets held back as a resort.

Have you not seen Into the Spiderverse?

The 12fps was an intentional design choice for that suit because of the film.

Into the Spiderman is a good watch if you haven't seen it by the way. Even @Mockney probably doesn't hate it.

While that's all well and good, 90% of games on Metacritic made by a AAA developer seem to get 75 or above.

It's the most pointless website on all of the internet because of the grade inflation.

Even Outriders, which looks like absolute pish, is sitting on 73.

Here's one review that score 85 :lol:

At times, the game is nearly unplayable, and more than once, I’ve either crashed or watched a teammate crash at the final Drop Pod, or during a story cinematic. Still, Outriders manages to entertain far more than it frustrates. If you were like me, scoffing at the demo, thinking that there was nothing more in this shallow looter-shooter, it’s time to think again. If you’re looking for a challenge, and you don’t mind the interstellar flight to Enoch to find it, Outriders is the game for you.

I dunno what my point is really. I just hate Metacritic.

Last edited:
While that's all well and good, 90% of games on Metacritic made by a AAA developer seem to get 75 or above.

It's the most pointless website on all of the internet because of the grade inflation.

Even Outriders, which looks like absolute pish, is sitting on 73.

Here's one review that score 85 :lol:

At times, the game is nearly unplayable, and more than once, I’ve either crashed or watched a teammate crash at the final Drop Pod, or during a story cinematic. Still, Outriders manages to entertain far more than it frustrates. If you were like me, scoffing at the demo, thinking that there was nothing more in this shallow looter-shooter, it’s time to think again. If you’re looking for a challenge, and you don’t mind the interstellar flight to Enoch to find it, Outriders is the game for you.

I dunno what my point is really. I just hate Metacritic.

A long winded way of avoiding that Xbox has a handful of highly rated exclusive games in the past 15 years?

A long winded way of avoiding that Xbox has a handful of highly rated exclusive games in the past 15 years?

but have invested heavily to rectify. We shall see if it works or not.

PS4/5s genres/exclusives never pulled me in. I’ve literally typed in “best PlayStation exclusives” and in the top 10 or 20, I’d not jump at playing any in all honesty.

I did buy a PS4 and played Uncharted - but I barely played a couple of hours.

There is content there, but just meh.

PS4/5s genres/exclusives never pulled me in. I’ve literally typed in “best PlayStation exclusives” and in the top 10 or 20, I’d not jump at playing any in all honesty.

That's strange because I typed in "best Microsoft exclusives" and got "404 Page Not Found".

If i take out forza (granted its a great game) since the release of the Xbox One (November 2013)

Quick scan scoring over 85 on metacritic/opencritic (may of missed a few just know off the top my head what is/not exclusive)

i get a grand total of

ori will of wisp
ori blind forest
titanfall
Halo master chief collection

4 games in 8 years. (there is 5 forza's ranked above 85 in the same period)

Spin it how you want, PS5 has 4 already.

If i take out forza (granted its a great game) since the release of the Xbox One (November 2013)

Quick scan scoring over 85 on metacritic/opencritic (may of missed a few just know off the top my head what is/not exclusive)

i get a grand total of

ori will of wisp
ori blind forest
titanfall

Both Oris are on Switch.

That's strange because I typed in "best Microsoft exclusives" and got "404 Page Not Found".

i get a grand total of

ori will of wisp
ori blind forest
titanfall

Both Oris are on Switch.
and every xbox game is available on PC as soon as they are released.
Great posts.

image.png

image.png

£3.50 a month for 3 years.

This must be personal preference in gaming or a fan boys defence of Xbox as there are some amazing exclusives on PS.

I'm not into the PS v Xbox war either, I managed to get both new gen consoles so I don't miss anything. Both great machines!

I've already played 95% of those games.

Have we moved the goal posts now the Xbox is the most value for money if you haven't players any games or owned a console before, you can have that one :lol:

I've already played 95% of those games.

Have we moved the goal posts now the Xbox is the most value for money if you haven't players any games or owned a console before, you can have that one :lol:
I think you'll find the majority of people who own consoles haven't' got near the time to have played 95% of those games, never mind complete them. Xbox is better for the majority of people.

I think you'll find the majority of people who own consoles haven't' got near the time to have played 95% of those games, never mind complete them. Xbox is better for the majority of people.

That would certainly explain why the majority previously bought playstation and are doing the same this generation, got it.

I had game pass on PC for a year thanks to all those loopholes and had exhausted everything I wanted to play within a few months. After that once I copped that every other game on it or added that was worth playing was one I'd already played before, I decided not to renew.

Gamepass is great if you have the nostalgia factor and want to play older games or maybe aren't a heavy gamer and didn't play all those great games when they first came out, but it's far from the brilliant service it's hyped up to be for someone who actually wants to play newer games when they are out. And as a next gen service, it's very lacking right now, there is feck all on it that actually pushes the power of the Series X.

That would certainly explain why the majority previously bought playstation and are doing the same this generation, got it.
Since when does the opinion of the masses actually reflect truth? People are idiots - this thread is a testament to that.

Since when does the opinion of the masses actually reflect truth? People are idiots - this thread is a testament to that.

Ahh yes the intelligent ones are the people buying the console with 4 exclusive games (which aren't forza) in near 10 years.

Its like you buy a console to play the best games, silly me.

Ahh yes the intelligent ones are the people buying the console with 4 exclusive games (which aren't forza) in near 10 years.

Its like you buy a console to play the best games, silly me.
Not even sure what you mean by this, but okay. You do you.

I had game pass on PC for a year thanks to all those loopholes and had exhausted everything I wanted to play within a few months. After that once I copped that every other game on it or added that was worth playing was one I'd already played before, I decided not to renew.

Gamepass is great if you have the nostalgia factor and want to play older games or maybe aren't a heavy gamer and didn't play all those great games when they first came out, but it's far from the brilliant service it's hyped up to be for someone who actually wants to play newer games when they are out. And as a next gen service, it's very lacking right now, there is feck all on it that actually pushes the power of the Series X.

This is true tbh. I enjoy the variety of games it offers but a big reason is because I didn't play them when they were first released.

I also enjoy the fact I don't have to keep up with the latest games. It doesn't suit my automatic response to dislike whatever's popular.

I'd argue the Tories aren't better for the majority of people - would you argue against that using the election results too?

Whether you like it or not, consoles for most people are about exclusives as the reality is that 3rd party games can be played on both so the only real differentiation is the quality of the exclusives.

Game Pass does bring another factor into play and I get the argument that for somebody who skipped the last generation Xbox is better value for money. Considering the sales of the last gen that won't be a gigantic number of people though. Series S would be a good choice for those people to get through the backlog though.

Whether you like it or not, consoles for most people are about exclusives as the reality is that 3rd party games can be played on both so the only real differentiation is the quality of the exclusives.

Game Pass does bring another factor into play and I get the argument that for somebody who skipped the last generation Xbox is better value for money. Considering the sales of the last gen that won't be a gigantic number of people though. Series S would be a good choice for those people to get through the backlog though.
This makes more sense than the last post. But I still disagree about the first sentence. To me at least, a lot of folk seem to be entrenched in their consoles, build up groups or friends within their networks and so are reluctant to leave. Hell, one of the main reasons I jumped back into consoles with the Xbox was because of squad of my old mates had stayed loyal. Before then I was PC for a generation whenever time allowed, with a spare PS3 kicking about.

I think honestly it's less about the exclusives with the majority of players, and that's something no-one on the side of the PS5 seems to get. Take a look at the most played games. They are the same 3rd-party games over and over again, year on year. Most people don't care that much about exclusives, they just want something to play one of those games with their mates. They will stick to the side all their mates are on, or folk they know virtually.

All I'm saying is that Gamepass represents better value for these people, the majority, rather than the PS5 exclusives.

This makes more sense than the last post. But I still disagree about the first sentence. To me at least, a lot of folk seem to be entrenched in their consoles, build up groups or friends within their networks and so are reluctant to leave. Hell, one of the main reasons I jumped back into consoles with the Xbox was because of squad of my old mates had stayed loyal. Before then I was PC for a generation whenever time allowed, with a spare PS3 kicking about.

I think honestly it's less about the exclusives with the majority of players, and that's something no-one on the side of the PS5 seems to get. Take a look at the most played games. They are the same 3rd-party games over and over again, year on year. Most people don't care that much about exclusives, they just want something to play one of those games with their mates. They will stick to the side all their mates are on, or folk they know virtually.

All I'm saying is that Gamepass represents better value for these people, the majority, rather than the PS5 exclusives.

Ahh yeh people don't care, that's why Microsoft spent $7.5 billion to secure more exclusive games, how stupid of them.

Take a look at the most played games. They are the same 3rd-party games over and over again, year on year.
Yes. It's released on multiple consoles and sometimes PC, and then throw in crossplay... Of course.

Could you imagine if it was an exclusive? That would be crazy...

It's not true, though. Look at the biggest selling PS4 games. 10 of the top 20 are exclusives and the rest are COD, FIFA or Rockstar games which you wouldn't get on Gamepass for years, or ever.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PlayStation_4_video_games

Also look at Nintendo, they've sold consoles based on their exclusives for years. Their top 20 is pretty much all exclusives:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Nintendo_Switch_video_games

Yeah, I should have actually looked at the table in the first post. I had my vaccine yesterday and was up most of last night feeling rough :lol:

If that were the case about exclusives MS wouldn't have spent billions to get them in 2 or 3 years. As a well run business they know where their issue lay for the last decade or so and are looking to resolve it. It's also why Sony haven't changed their way of working hugely because having exclusives brings in the people.

It's been noticeable even at the start of this gen that there's been a load of noise about Xbox and fairly negative news about Sony. Recently the production line has started and Sony are beginning to trundle out the games - this is what has and will sell them consoles as people look at the releases and buy into their ecosystem.

I have no real loyalty to either, but have been Sony for the last couple of generations due to not wanting to miss out. When MS start releasing theirs they may have a similar response and it would be good if they do manage that.

Finally people will obviously want to play the next edition of their favourite last gen games, so I don't know why you think exclusives aren't important? Having built up their brand is going to keep people loyal to Sony and that's what MS have to try and emulate, but from scratch now.