PSG Need to Sell €60m of Players

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Do they need to get 60M in their banks before Jun 30. I guess all they need to show is a financial transaction for that period.
Does it matter if the actual revenue is realized later?
That's the key question. Presumably, seeing as this is done on their audited P&L, they don't need to have the actual cash, just the sale. It isn't a question of 'cash' is it, it's a question of operating loss?

Bwuk

Will they be able to buy Mbappe? I know he's on loan at the moment but could they have to pull out of the deal because of this?

If so I'd be giving Monaco money + Martial since he wants to leave for Mbappe.

To be honest, there's not many PSG players I'd want.

Muenier I did want but we've signed Dalot for RB.

Verratti I'm not overly sold on. Draxler is class but where would he even play for us?

Neymar would obviously be the dream but 0% chance of that happening.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Why do they need to sell players? Good idea to post a link!

BalanceUnAutreJoint

They're going to sell Krychowiak,Odsonne,Pastore and Trapp.

That's already 40M of players which is what they need.

f_to_z

I believe ffp works by taking the average spent of 3 years. So this gives flexibilty and room to overspend one summer then underspend the next to make up for it. Thats the situation at PSG at the moment.

Robertd0803

They're going to sell Krychowiak,Odsonne,Pastore and Trapp.

That's already 40M of players which is what they need.
Yeah was going to say something similar, they have a decent sized squad where a few squad players will make up the €40 million easily.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I wonder if Draxler could play on the right
No, he'd be very poor there. He can play either on the left cutting in or as a central attacking midfielder (a position he personally likes to play). He hasn't been given many chances as an AM and has played as a LW for most of his career but I think he can be very good centrally, he has good playmaking abilities but more importantly an eye for goal and can score 15+ goals if given the chance to play there.

mad1max954

I believe ffp works by taking the average spent of 3 years. So this gives flexibilty and room to overspend one summer then underspend the next to make up for it. Thats the situation at PSG at the moment.
Surely then if they go ahead with the mbappe signing they are absolutely screwed next year. Although I’d still expect them to cheat.

Trizy

As far as I know this €60m has nothing to do with the Neymar/Mbappe window. This is going back further than that.

So I would imagine that they will eventually investigate it. However, they loan Mbappe to spread the fees over two summers. They probably need to sell another €50-60m each year for the next few years. Not sure how that affects them though. Surely they can't keep selling stars?

Also a joke that City were never investigated properly. Wasn't it something like a £50m fine for them (That didn't count towards the clubs expenses) that was more like bail because they got the £50m back? Worse punishment imaginable to give someone with endless money :lol:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Good chance for us to get bargains: They are forced to sell players, I'm sure most of the clubs will be smart enough to make low offers.

red thru&thru

I'd have like Meunier but we've bought Dalot. Mbappe would be a dream but every team would be in for him. Veratti I'm not too sure about.

DRM

I'd take draxler or pastore thanks.

Edit: or marqinos

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Good chance for us to get bargains: They are forced to sell players, I'm sure most of the clubs will be smart enough to make low offers.
There will be no firesale, €40m are easy to find. The smart thing would be to get a fair deal for a good player in a position you need quickly, which isn't that easy nowadays. The vultures hoping to get a bargain with miserable offers will end up with nothing.

FujiVice

People would have torn their dicks off to get Veratti a year ago. What's happened?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
So many inaccuracies. It's €40m not €60m.

And the Neymar & Mbappe deals are NOT included in the evaluation period but will be year.
Of course they are. UEFA are looking at the books for the 15/16-17/18 three years frame. Neymar and Mbappé were done in 17/18 and went into the books for the year. It's why they currently need €60m profits to close the 17/18 books without failing FFP controls.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
So many inaccuracies. It's €40m not €60m.

And the Neymar & Mbappe deals are NOT included in the evaluation period but will be year.
To be precise Neymar and Mbappé weren't included in the 2015, 2016 and 2017 exercises that were just cleared, their wages and transfer amortization start in 2017/2018, that's why €40m are still needed despite already selling Matuidi, Augustin, Aurier and Lucas.
I know it isn't feasible, but what would happen if no one wanted to buy? Paltry fine?
Probably harsher than the first time. I don't think it's in UEFA interest to exclude PSG from CL (although wouldn't be that crazy if the whole €40m are still missing) but I'd expect heavy fine + transfer limitation + monitoring of accounts + limitation of CL squad + point deduction in CL group stage for a few years.

Brophs

The One and Only
Of course they are. UEFA are looking at the books for the 15/16-17/18 three years frame. Neymar and Mbappé were done in 17/18 and went into the books for the year. It's why they currently need €60m profits to close the 17/18 books without failing FFP controls.
Quite a lot of tweets from journos saying the opposite, fwiw.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That makes no sense. UEFA are monitoring the last 3 seasons. Including the one that just ended. So there's no way the Neymar and Mbappé deals haven't figured into the accounts they looked at for FFP

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
UEFA decision to close FFP investigation into PSG does NOT absolve them over the Neymar and Mbappe transfers.
:lol::lol::lol: I guess a visit to the local confessional will do then.

Meanwhile:
That would make it only €30m to go.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The problem they have is the clubs usually pay for the players in several years. Not a lot of teams could 30-40m in cash in one shot. Think the bigger clubs have a shot at getting few players if they could offer immediate cash
I think selling clubs preferes deffered payment as well due to tax cycle and all that.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
:lol::lol::lol: I guess a visit to the local confessional will do then.

Meanwhile:
That would make it only €30m to go.
Club record of £9 million ? I can't remember the last time we payed so little (i know) for a player.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That makes no sense. UEFA are monitoring the last 3 seasons. Including the one that just ended. So there's no way the Neymar and Mbappé deals haven't figured into the accounts they looked at for FFP
Maybe they are looking at fiscal years? For most football clubs they go from July to June and since Neymar's transfer was finalized in August he'd be part of the current fiscal year which only ends in two weeks.

Last edited:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
There will be no firesale, €40m are easy to find. The smart thing would be to get a fair deal for a good player in a position you need quickly, which isn't that easy nowadays. The vultures hoping to get a bargain with miserable offers will end up with nothing.
Ethically, that would happen. But imagine next: everyone knows that if PSG doesn't sell, they are in really deep trouble. Now, ignore that this is a football club and imagine it as an enterprise/company (which actually is):

Why would the market buy it on a price tag for actives that have no other choice than to be sold? Why would a company be stupid enough to do that?

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Ethically, that would happen. But imagine next: everyone knows that if PSG doesn't sell, they are in really deep trouble. Now, ignore that this is a football club and imagine it as an enterprise/company (which actually is):

Why would the market buy it on a price tag for actives that have no other choice than to be sold? Why would a company be stupid enough to do that?
PSG have about €400m of assets between the 15 players they're willing to let go and only €40m to recoup. There's 15/20 clubs able to buy one of the €40m+ players and about 50 able to buy a €20m one, that's potentially dozens of offers and only the most interesting will be accepted. You're unlikely to get anything with insutingly low offers and the main thing you will achieve is degrading the club relationship with PSG, just what happened between MUFC and Inter last summer for Perisic.

I agree that the clubs most directly in competition or even at war with PSG right now have little incentive to bail out PSG early for example by buying Di Maria for €40m.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
they've been cleared of any wrong doing so presume we won't be getting anyone from them

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
PSG have about €400m of assets between the 15 players they're willing to let go and only €40m to recoup. There's 15/20 clubs able to buy one of the €40m+ players and about 50 able to buy a €20m one, that's potentially dozens of offers and only the most interesting will be accepted. You're unlikely to get anything with insutingly low offers and the main thing you will achieve is degrading the club relationship with PSG, just what happened between MUFC and Inter last summer for Perisic.

I agree that the clubs most directly in competition or even at war with PSG right now have little incentive to bail out PSG early for example by buying Di Maria for €40m.

IMHO, no one will hostilize PSG simply because they are the best buyers on the transfer market, and no club wishes to antagonize them. Except Real Madrid, they don't care who they antagonize, even their own federation :D

Stretch

PSG's financial year has not closed yet. Think it closes in August if I recall correctly. Which means the last set of published audited results they have are are 16-17.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
PSG's financial year has not closed yet. Think it closes in August if I recall correctly. Which means the last set of published audited results they have are are 16-17.
It closes this month and they already provided this year's records in may, they have to provide an updated version by June 30.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
My dream is that @GlastonSpur and @InLevyITrust will save us once again.

After Lucas Moura and Serge Aurier, we have fantastic players to sell:

- Krychowiak the Polish Rjkaard
- Kurzawa the French Fachetti
- Osdonne Edouard the new Eusebio

Let's continue our win-win partnership.

For more information, please contact us at www.psg.fr

Stretch

It closes this month and they already provided this year's records in may, they have to provide an updated version by June 30.
Thanks. So the first Neymar amortization should then be included in that set of results? Mbappe shouldn't be other than his wages

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
IMHO, no one will hostilize PSG simply because they are the best buyers on the transfer market, and no club wishes to antagonize them. Except Real Madrid, they don't care who they antagonize, even their own federation :D
Brash Real Madrid pursuits of PSG players are conspicuous by their absence also.

However disagree about clubs being scared to fleece PSG, PSG got annoyed with Barcelona pulling dirty tricks to take Verratti but if it's a player PSG want to sell and the buying club does things through the proper channels then it's more likely PSG will roll out the red carpet with an upside down hat on the end. Plus PSG seem similar to elite English clubs in that they're appalling at selling; Matudi and Moura for under £40m combined etc

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Thanks. So the first Neymar amortization should then be included in that set of results? Mbappe shouldn't be other than his wages
The actual financial period is for the DNCG, FFP has its own process. In theory, PSG should have included Neymar in their final records for 2017-2018 which they provided in April. Mbappé should be recorded in 2019. Now like Giorno said FFP records are on three years so 2015-2016, 2016-2017 and 2017-2018.