PSG Need to Sell €60m of Players

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The actual financial period is for the DNCG, FFP has its own process. In theory, PSG should have included Neymar in their final records for 2017-2018 which they provided in April. Mbappé should be recorded in 2019. Now like Giorno said FFP records are on three years so 2015-2016, 2016-2017 and 2017-2018.
I believe UEFA and PSG both have said the Mbappé deal is considered a signing right away and they'd start recording it as such in the 17/18 books

They do get to dilate it over a further year i believe though

Himannv

This is a non story IMO. They don't have to sell many and the ones they sell are the ones they don't really want. We aren't really linked with any of their players anyway.

Glaswegian

My dream is that @GlastonSpur and @InLevyITrust will save us once again.

After Lucas Moura and Serge Aurier, we have fantastic players to sell:

- Krychowiak the Polish Rjkaard
- Kurzawa the French Fachetti
- Osdonne Edouard the new Eusebio

Let's continue our win-win partnership.

For more information, please contact us at www.psg.fr
I wanna be Edouard (Stone Roses)

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I believe UEFA and PSG both have said the Mbappé deal is considered a signing right away and they'd start recording it as such in the 17/18 books

They do get to dilate it over a further year i believe though
I seemed to hear the same but I wasn't sure and it makes little sense.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I seemed to hear the same but I wasn't sure and it makes little sense.
The structure of the deal(loan with option to buy that became obligation so long as they didn't get relegated) was clearly an attempt to work around FFP by postponing the hit of his transfer fee on the books. Makes perfect sense for UEFA to consider it a transfer right away. It was

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The structure of the deal(loan with option to buy that became obligation so long as they didn't get relegated) was clearly an attempt to work around FFP by postponing the hit of his transfer fee on the books. Makes perfect sense for UEFA to consider it a transfer right away. It was
PSG said from the start the transfer would be amortized as soon as 17/18. I think the main perk of the loan for Paris is to bypass the 5 year contract limit in France and tie Mbappé for 6 years.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
PSG said from the start the transfer would be amortized as soon as 17/18. I think the main perk of the loan for Paris is to bypass the 5 year contract limit in France and tie Mbappé for 6 years.
Makes sense. Should also allow to dilate the transfer fee over 6 years instead of 5.

Castia

I’ve not kept up with this story but I’m presuming PSG have no transfer kitty this summer if they actually need to raise money?

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I’ve not kept up with this story but I’m presuming PSG have no transfer kitty this summer if they actually need to raise money?
That's likely, it will at least have an effect on PSG's spending power. Paris might be tempted to let go some players that were untransferable before to fund other parts of the team.

The good thing is that with Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt linked with the FFP procedure now gone, several lucrative commercial contracts might go through very soon, helping with the financial situation. The Nike contract will see a huge bump and the leaks involving the Air Jordan brand preview an exclusive partnership. Petrobras is rumoured to replace the undervalued Fly Emirates contract as a shirt sponsor after it expires. Smaller ones will follow, especially with HQs on all continents getting their business going.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Depends... Neymar to Madrid for 300m would free up a good chunk of spending money
Neymar's not going anywhere. He came to PSG to win big trophies and be the main man.
And also to earn a huge wage, which Madrid won't be able to afford.

Last edited:

witchtrials

The good thing is that with Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt linked with the FFP procedure now gone, several lucrative commercial contracts might go through very soon, helping with the financial situation. The Nike contract will see a huge bump and the leaks involving the Air Jordan brand preview an exclusive partnership. Petrobras is rumoured to replace the undervalued Fly Emirates contract as a shirt sponsor after it expires. Smaller ones will follow, especially with HQs on all continents getting their business going.
The strange and tragic lot of the 21st Century football fan.

Charles Miller

Neymar's not going anywhere. He came to PSG to win big trophies and be the main man.
He is not going anywhere indeed. Its amazing how people believe in those fake news about Neymar to Madrid, for example. When you watch some of his interviews in Portuguese you realize how he treats this subject as something funny, a joke. Now some spanish papers saying that "Neymar wants a return to Barcelona"...

Cliche Guevara

I’m not sure that’s the case. As far as I can see 1st July is a new year for FFP calculations so, in theory, they can spend as much as they like and it only becomes relevant not even next year but the year after.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’m not sure that’s the case. As far as I can see 1st July is a new year for FFP calculations so, in theory, they can spend as much as they like and it only becomes relevant not even next year but the year after.
FFP is gauged over a 3/5 year period. Can’t remember which.

ti vu

You balance the book for now, you're free to spend and revisit the issue next year round this time.

Bestietom

FFP is a Joke. These fines are just change in their pockets. Dock them points and things might change. ( City included)

reddaz71

It's about time Verratti challenged himself in a better league, come on Ed, show them the money

JPRouve

Scout
FFP is a Joke. These fines are just change in their pockets. Dock them points and things might change. ( City included)
How many points in CL do you think they should dock?

JPRouve

Scout
I am talking about their own Leagues. Ban them from Champions League.
I kind of knew. FFP has nothing to do with leagues, most teams don't have to comply because they are not playing UEFA competitions.

Bestietom

I kind of knew. FFP has nothing to do with leagues, most teams don't have to comply because they are not playing UEFA competitions.
Then they must find a way to punish them to stop this. They make rules but don't carry them out, a tap on the wrist is not good enough.@JPRouve

Cliche Guevara

Yes it is, of course it is

No Mbappé is already in the 17/18 books for ~€40-50m
The recent news suggests otherwise.

The Neymar and Mbappe deals are not included in PSG’s current FFP decision. This financial year hasn’t even ended yet.

Last edited:
Football should be cyclical, unfortunately FFP just ensures that the richest clubs at this point in time will remain so. Whether you liked the practices of Blackburn, Chealsea, City or PSG buying way beyond their financial reach in the past, at least it provided competition. Competition is what makes football interesting, FFP doesn’t work, even if some it’s intents are well meaning.

JPRouve

Scout
The recent news suggests otherwise.

The Neymar and Mbappe deals are not included in PSG’s current FFP decision. This financial year hasn’t even ended yet.
That's not how it works for FFP, they use the calendar year for example in 2017/2018, the reporting period T ends in 2017, T-1=2016 and T-2=2015; that's your three years.

Cliche Guevara

That's not how it works for FFP, they use the calendar year for example in 2017/2018, the reporting period T ends in 2017, T-1=2016 and T-2=2015; that's your three years.
FIFA’s statement related to 2015, 2016 and 2017. In terms of investigation. PSG have still got until 30th June to comply with the current year’s spending so clearly no investigation into compliance can be conducted until after that date.

Possibly talking at cross purposes here.

JPRouve

Scout
FIFA’s statement related to 2015, 2016 and 2017. In terms of investigation. PSG have still got until 30th June to comply with the current year’s spending so clearly no investigation into compliance can be conducted until after that date.

Possibly talking at cross purposes here.
It's UEFA and just look at the article 59 of FFP, you will see that 2017 is 2017/2018. If they monitored 2017 like you are saying then last summer transfers are included.
https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Tech/uefaorg/General/02/26/77/91/2267791_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Distracted Steward

They'll sell two players for inflated prices then pay a premium for one of those clubs players next year.
Imagine that club getting a Qatari advertising sponsor the next season. With a cut out or two, that’d be hard to prove, and FFP enforcement hasn’t been too aggressive when straightforward.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Then they must find a way to punish them to stop this. They make rules but don't carry them out, a tap on the wrist is not good enough.@JPRouve
Punish what exactly? Rules are respected and accounts balanced. You can't just make up rules on the fly to sanction clubs you don't like. The amount of arbitrary and intrusive in FFP is already through the roof and likely to be torn to pieces if challenged in court.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
June dealings:

Edouard sold for €10m to Celtic
Pastore sold for €25m to Roma
Berchiche sold for €24m to Bilbao
Ikoné sold for €5m to Lille

Total: +€64m

Operation firesale successful.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Neymar to PSG was merely a stepping stone for him to go to Real Madrid.

If Madrid make a move for him, he’ll use every dirty trick in the book to force PSG’s hand.

Unfortunately there is no such thing as loyalty in football these days my friend.