Atletico Madrid
Tottenham
Liverpool
Schalke 04
Roma
Ajax
Manchester United
Lyon
We can’t draw City or Juve this round can we?

waza7111

In the draw for the round of 16, the eight group winners are seeded, and the eight group runners-up are unseeded. The seeded teams are drawn against the unseeded teams, with the seeded teams hosting the second leg. Teams from the same group or the same association cannot be drawn against each other.

So we can't be drawn against Juventus or Manchester City. It's one of the other 6 teams.

Member 90887

We can’t draw City or Juve this round can we?
No, we can't.

It's gonna be one of these clubs :

Borussia Dortmund
Barcelona
PSG
FC Porto
Real Madrid
Bayern Munich

I personally would take Madrid, big game, big club but almost as shit as us this year.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Strange as it sounds I really don't fear anyone - ASSUMING we bring in an experienced centre-back during January.

Porto - obviously we are superior to them
Borussia Dortmund - exciting side but not absolute top tier in terms of personnel and defensively vulnerable
Barcelona - Messi aside they are not the force of old
PSG - weak midfield, weak defence, weak mentality
Real Madrid - struggling massively this season without Ronaldo
Bayern Munich - not the force they were a couple of years ago, best attacking players in particular filling out their state pension apps
Not that I necessarily disagree with the notion that United can definitely beat Dortmund I have to question the way you judge them here. They actually have the least goals conceded out of all team ins the groups stage (2 vs. United's 4) which is arguably down to Monaco and Atletico being a lot weaker than they usually are (basically Dortmund had a rather easy group if we are honest). Additionally they have the second best defense in the Bundesliga conceding 14 goals in 14 matches (vs. United's 26 in 16). So while I would not say Dortmund are as defensively sound as the likes of Juve I feel if you want to look for weaknesses it is offensive inconsistencies. These are mostly an issue against teams parking the bus which I would not assume United to do so I think this could be a rather interesting tie. I would really enjoy a two legged tie especially since we have not played you since the semis in '97.

Ajax - Man City
Roma - Barcelona
Atletico Madrid - Juventus
Tottenham - PSG
Man Utd - Dortmund
Liverpool - Bayern
Lyon - Real Madrid
Schalke - Porto
Schalke and Porto were in the same group and can't be drawn against each other.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
City with a 66% chance for an almost-bye to the quarters because of all the unseeded English teams, they'd give Schalke and Roma a true pasting. Atlético would be a different story so hoping fot that.

I don't really care who we draw tbh, in current form we'd be able to beat anyone over two legs but February is still a long way off. Would like to avoid Juventus or Atlético, but wouldn't mind Bayern, Real or even Barça.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
On the premise we'll finish second, I'd want to draw Porto, Bayern, R. Madrid in that order. I can only see us getting favourites against Porto and even then, there's the chance of it being another Sevilla. Nightmare draws are Barca, PSG or Dortmund whose forward lines against the United team would lead to a spanking.
No Dortmund and PSG please, the rest is fine.

Hope for Barca, Bayern or Real
This. Madrid and Bayern are almost as bad as us this season and its a big European game.

Porto, Madrid and Bayern are all good draws for us. If we get PSG, Dortmund or Barca we will get slaughtered. All 3 are very good this season.
:confused: PSG is a club of farmers. You should be happy to play against them.

Barcelona 6-1 PSG in 2017
PSG 1-2 Real Madrid in 2018

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
PSG can't play against Pool/Lyon so will have to play against one of the following teams:

Interesting draws:smirk:

- Atletico Madrid: it would be very interesting from a tactical standpoint, robust team
- Tottenham: opportunity to play against a team comprising former PSG players like Aurier, Lucas Moura and Pochettino. Always good to develop business
- Roma: long time that PSG played against an Italian. 1st time against Roma
- Manchester United: PSG never played against them in an official competition

Boring draws :boring:
- Ajax: PSG played against them in the group stages 3-4 years ago
- Schalke 04

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
PSG can't play against Pool/Lyon so will have to play against one of the following teams:

Interesting draws:smirk:

- Atletico Madrid: it would be very interesting from a tactical standpoint, robust team
- Tottenham: opportunity to play against a team comprising former PSG players like Aurier, Lucas Moura and Pochettino. Always good to develop business
- Roma: long time that PSG played against an Italian. 1st time against Roma
- Manchester United: PSG never played against them in an official competition

Boring draws :boring:
- Ajax: PSG played against them in the group stages 3-4 years ago
- Schalke 04
Let's see how boring you think we are after we kick your ass :)

klsv

There's only two options for this, for symbolics' sake, isn't there.

Jose stopping Real from winning their fourth CL in a row, or, Jose getting eliminated by Porto.

All I know is that, win or lose, people won't be ready for the comments following :lol:

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
Our job in the CL is done, see you next year and thank you for the money.

I would like to get an english team, they're generally more interesting to play against.

LFCKop

Supports
Liverpool
Our job in the CL is done, see you next year and thank you for the money.

I would like to get an english team, they're generally more interesting to play against.
I really hope we dont get you...we already played with you guys last year...it would be nice to play with Real or Bayern or Barca...it'll give an indicator if we have really arrived (provided we manage to defeat them).

Eire Red United

Not that I necessarily disagree with the notion that United can definitely beat Dortmund I have to question the way you judge them here. They actually have the least goals conceded out of all team ins the groups stage (2 vs. United's 4) which is arguably down to Monaco and Atletico being a lot weaker than they usually are (basically Dortmund had a rather easy group if we are honest). Additionally they have the second best defense in the Bundesliga conceding 14 goals in 14 matches (vs. United's 26 in 16). So while I would not say Dortmund are as defensively sound as the likes of Juve I feel if you want to look for weaknesses it is offensive inconsistencies. These are mostly an issue against teams parking the bus which I would not assume United to do so I think this could be a rather interesting tie. I would really enjoy a two legged tie especially since we have not played you since the semis in '97.

Schalke and Porto were in the same group and can't be drawn against each other.
You wouldn’t expect United to park the bus vs Dortmund? You’re in for a shock sir.

TAA

Supports
liverpool
Ajax - Man City
Roma - Barcelona
Atletico Madrid - Juventus
Tottenham - PSG
Man Utd - Dortmund
Liverpool - Bayern
Lyon - Real Madrid
Schalke - Porto
As a Liverpool fan i would love to play Bayern. I cant remember the last time we played them. Fancy playing the old lady the least

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
United - Porto yes, yes it is writen... In the stars... yes... but the prophecy says... "in the month of love and marriage old friends reunite, only one wins but never twice"...
...haha...I sink it means the final... hah yes it zall makes sense now!

BalanceUnAutreJoint

I already feel bad for whichever top team gets Lyon.

I could totally see that Robin Hood team knocks Barca out just so they can go lose to Angers the following week

Chairman Woodie

This is why United should always aim to finish top the CL group. We really underestimated the importance of beating Valencia.

Looking at that draw, United would have been better off finishing third in the CL group and qualifying for the Europa League.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Amazing looking at potential draws, it used to be a case of ‘we fear no-one, but would probably rather avoid Real/Barca till later’. Now it’s a case of ‘we’ll get fecked by everyone bar porto’ :lol:

Kapardin

I hope to goodness we get to the QF somehow even if undeserved. CL is the only thing keeping this tedious season relevant. Even if we don't play attractively, going deep into cup competitions is always pretty exciting.

buckooo1978

let's face it

unless Mourinho is gone we are out regardless of who we play. We might sneak past Porto or pull something out of the bag against Munich if the stars align etc

with this in mind I'd just like to see Messi again at Old Trafford...... given we will be in Europa League next year we might never see him against United again

youngrell

We have to be hoping for Real Madrid, surely?

They have time to improve before the tie but on current form I'd want them and a win against them would be a nice boost.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Like some others, I usually always hope for the weakest possible opponent, but since we’re going out regardless and won’t be back in the competition next year at the very least then we may as well hope for a big club and enjoy the occasion.

Rather get knocked-out by Real or Bayern than Porto, or get humiliated by Dortmund, but I’d like to avoid Barca as I don’t think the matches would be decent, plus I don’t want to have to deal with Suarez. Otherwise it doesn’t matter to me who we get.

doomy20

I just hope we don´t get Porto, as we will surely get knocked out. We need some big big name to do some magic, just like against Juve.

gregor

I don't expect us to beat anyone over two legs. I hope we get an exciting team, maybe Dortmund.

Adzilla

Real Madrid would be tasty, two giants who are playing terrible, it would either result in us being eliminated or provide a confidence boost to knockout the holders.

RedDevilRoshi

Won’t be surprised if the seeded teams will be praying to draw us in this round. Unfortunate sad state of affairs.