PSG vs Man Utd | Build-up Thread | Return leg Wednesday 06.03

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Liverpool will beat Bayern. They are shit.
Spurs should beat Dortmund as well.

SSSSnake

PSG oh dear. That front 3 will be laughing with our defence right now. Something needs to change now or we got no hope.

Kant-ona

This will be the end of our Champions League season - and hopefully also the end of Jose M.

Treble

PSG. Brutal draw. Best front three in the world against a terrible defence.

L1nk

As far as potential opposition go i'd rather PSG than most of them. Only Porto and arguably Dortmund might be easier.
Do you even watch these teams :lol:, Dortmund would completely put us to the sword they play phenomenal football and Porto in the group stage had the most points of any team and are top of their league. It's like suddenly people forgot how utterly garbage we are

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Chuffed with Bayern. A massive game, & their form gives us a big chance. Would rather have faced Porto, but hey, I'll be looking forward to this :drool:

DonnieDarko

Supports
Liverpool
Good draw for us. I wanted Real or Bayern before the draw. Will be a good pair of games.
Utd - you guys are in trouble. I also think Dortmund has a real chance to proceed, as well as Ajax.
1/4 will be so dangerous this year, everybody will want the Roma-Porto winner.

youmeletsfly

HAHA, I'd love Jose to put Pogs and Fred back in the lineup and I'd love them to not give a feck and just play their game.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Don't think any Juve fan or player is happy with the draw. Ronaldo included.
You're probably right, still think Juve are the superior side. It's the Champions-League and a big match, one of the reasons why fans and players look forward to it. Better than playing someone like Porto, Schalke or Ajax, IMO.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
The Europa League Draw is next no?

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Chuffed with Bayern. A massive game, & their form gives us a big chance. Would rather have faced Porto, but hey, I'll be looking forward to this :drool:
I’d be very surprised if you don’t go through with relative ease. We’re absolutely horrible and can’t handle pace at all.

Nick7

Schalke - City
Atletico - Juve
United - PSG
Spurs - Dortmund
Lyon - Barca
Roma - Porto
Ajax - Madrid
Liverpool - Bayern

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
I’d be very surprised if you don’t go through with relative ease. We’re absolutely horrible and can’t handle pace at all.
Obviously I wouldn't mind that :D Before the draw, I was obviously hoping for Porto, but after that, Real or Bayern seemed like the teams I most wanted to face. Both of them would be an absolutely enormous occasion, & form/play-style gives us a chance versus both.

Just a shame the second leg is at the Allianz & not Anfield, but heyo, I guess we'll have to do the damage in the first leg.

vibe

Should be the curtain call for Jose.

CL is the last competition we are still theoretically in. PSG are light years ahead of us and after we're out, we have nothing left to compete for.

That'd be the perfect time to sack Jose and give the new manager a no-pressure half season to get a feel of the squad and plan ahead accordingly for 2019-2020

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Obviously I wouldn't mind that :D Before the draw, I was obviously hoping for Porto, but after that, Real or Bayern seemed like the teams I most wanted to face. Both of them would be an absolutely enormous occasion, & form/play-style gives us a chance versus both.

Just a shame the second leg is at the Allianz & not Anfield, but heyo, I guess we'll have to do the damage in the first leg.
We’re not good at home right now, so I don’t think it really matters. We conceded three goals against Düsseldorf at home ffs.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Barcelona and Man City are the only clear cut ones to get to the quarter-finals, no chance for Lyon and Schalke. Dortmund and Spurs is 55/45 but I think Dortmund will edge it, they are on fire this season. Real Madrid and Bayern Munich are in terrible form this season but if they regain their form, they should beat Ajax and Liverpool respectively. Atletico Madrid is probably the worst possible match-up for Juventus, with the final being played in Wanda Metropolitano, I can see Atletico wanting this much more. How funny it would be, Juventus buying Ronaldo just for this competition and they get knocked out in the round of 16. Roma and Porto, could go either way. I'd go with Porto because Italian teams tend to bottle it. As for us, I really want to be optimistic and think that we can beat PSG over two legs, considering PSG has a tendency to bottle and after all, we beat Juve over 2 legs on away goals but it's really hard to see us get anything with our current form.

Canagel

This actually doesn't matter. If anything first leg at home is more advantageous

Bola

Good draw.

The only 'weak' tie is Porto v Roma. Should be a competitive game, but 'weak' in the sense that it is two if the poorer teams left in the competition that have been drawn together.

Might put a water on Ajax v Real as that has a dutch upset written all over it

Melville Red

Should be the curtain call for Jose.

CL is the last competition we are still theoretically in. PSG are light years ahead of us and after we're out, we have nothing left to compete for.

That'd be the perfect time to sack Jose and give the new manager a no-pressure half season to get a feel of the squad and plan ahead accordingly for 2019-2020
Christ we haven’t been knocked out of the FA Cup already have we?
Bollocks I knew things were bad but.....

cyberman

So Juve top the group and get Atletico.
I don't rate PSG that highly but even then we need a top defender and striker to even be competitive in that tie.

redshaw

Liverpool Bayern is interesting with Klopp.

The rest of the draw is pretty rubbish but that's the seeding I guess.

PSG, Neymar and Mbappe will murder us. Could be a symbolic tie with the relic vs the new.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
We’re not good at home right now, so I don’t think it really matters. We conceded three goals against Düsseldorf at home ffs.
We lost all our away games, including Red Star Belgrade where we were humiliated.

From what you're saying, our away game might be an absolute shocking night of football :lol:

Liverpool Bayern is interesting with Klopp.

The rest of the draw is pretty rubbish but that's the seeding I guess.
Juve vs Atletico should be great.