Which owners would you prefer?

• Qatar

Votes: 961 62.8%
  • Ineos

Votes: 570 37.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JagUTD

There's probably well over 500 pages on the Qataris over several threads and noone has mentioned Hitler so far.
Yeh but has he hinted about a new stadium and Mbappe?

If not, it's probably the reason nobody wants him as owner.

Pintu

Just realised I might be a hypocrite… I consider the Abu Dhabi regime to be less evil than the Qatari one and despite that I find excuses to want Qatari ownership while at the same time feeling disgusted by the behaviour of Man City and their cheating methods… I’m convinced we will not be cheating when the Qataris take over.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
The whole thing is monumentally depressing. To see so many on the Caf so sanguine about the Quatari bid having sat on our high horse (correctly) deriding City all this time. The chances of some ordinary bloke who loves his football appearing over the horizon with 6 billion rattling around in his pocket appear slim at this point but the timing of this, United finally finding a no shit, no frills, straight talking football God to manage us and us finally having a bunch of hard working, likeable actual footballers on the pitch only to have this vision of football as it should be supplanted by the reality of the corporate, corrupt steaming pile of shit that it actually is is too much for me to take. I'm genuinely depressed.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I'm not sure what you mean by financial doping?

Our problem post Fergie hasn't been lack of money for transfers or player salaries. The club makes plenty of money but is poorly run and Old Trafford is falling apart.

There wouldn't be a need to throw unearned money at us. Especially now that things finally are shaping up.

But my point is still that potential financial doping isn't the main reason for why I and others don't want Qatari ownership.
"The situation in which the owner of a sports club or franchise invests his or her own personal wealth into securing highly talented players to better their chances of success, rather than relying on the revenue the franchise is able to generate for itself."

There wouldn't be a need but that's exactly what they would do. I asked this before but surely you don't think they will buy the club, clear debts, renovate Old Trafford and then not invest obscene amounts of money on playing staff? You don't need Qatari money to renovate the stadium and has Ratcliffe said he won't renovate the stadium or upgrade the facilities?

BooloBiibshe

The good thing about Qatari ownership is that they don’t sell. Big clubs Will not dare to even ask to buy our Elite players, because the Qatari will buy their world class players. In that case our all elite ones will be safe. The only bad thing about a Qatari ownership is that we will never ever call the likes of City, Newcastle, PSG or even Chelsea, an Oil rich spoiled Club, because we are going to be one of them. The Arab Oil rich Football Clubs.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Andy Currie and John Reece,, his long term business partners.
Lifetime passionate United fans? Otherwise, they are giving up their share of the profits to fun United? You just don't find this level of altruism anymore these days!!

Dion

Lifetime passionate United fans? Otherwise, they are giving up their share of the profits to fun United? You just don't find this level of altruism anymore these days!!
Ineos is far bigger than United, if they wanted nothing to do with it the company is more than big enough. As it is they're both involved in the other sporting ventures. They've been partners a long time.

Phil

Thought about this one for a long time and have come to the conclusion that after 20 or so years of the Glazers dry humping us, I just want as much financial backing from our owners as possible along with a clear and sensible short/mid/long term plan with an actual will to be the best. I think Qatar is most likely to give us all of that.

croadyman

We haven't had full clarity on that yet have we?

Would you be happy if INEOS came out and said the debt will be gone too?
Happier but need to hear plans about stadium and training facilities redevelopment. I have reiterated repeatedly want him to be like an Abramovich type owner who doesn’t obsess over ROI

enghuei

Cheats at Tetris
Ineos is far bigger than United, if they wanted nothing to do with it the company is more than big enough. As it is they're both involved in the other sporting ventures. They've been partners a long time.
But none of their other sporting ventures are as big as the United deal, are they? They might not mind it if it's relatively cheap to buy or invest in other sporting projects as they are relatively cheap, but buying United is definitely not cheap by any stretch of imagination.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Out of the two, I think I prefer the Qatar bid from what I can see. They have a clear vision and goal in mind. The Glazer debt is removed and instead we get actual investment into our infrastructure. Compared to Ineos where it isn't exactly clear the debt is actually dealt with, nor how much investment they are actually intending.

Wing Attack Plan R

There are no stipulations on either choice. It's simply Ineos or Qatar. If the FA throws the book at Man City and hopefully throws them out of the league, it means the shady financial doping era has come to an end. Then why would anyone want Qatari owners? Ineos and Qatar are going to be able to spend the same amount of money, so why Qatar?

I think the FA should go back and make it impossible for state ownership of clubs, force UAE and the Saudis to sell their clubs, and do a 50% +1 fan ownership scheme. This state ownership thing is a slippery slope to hell.

owlo

Just realised I might be a hypocrite… I consider the Abu Dhabi regime to be less evil than the Qatari one and despite that I find excuses to want Qatari ownership while at the same time feeling disgusted by the behaviour of Man City and their cheating methods… I’m convinced we will not be cheating when the Qataris take over.
If you’re relatively self aware about the world, you’re going to have to accept you’re a hypocrite and apathetic to suffering for your own gain for so long as you live in the modern western world.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Last summer PSG spent 147m which was distributed in some, very shrewd, signings (Vitinha, Nuno Mendes, Fabian Ruiz, Carlos Soler, Renato Sanches and Nordi Mukiele). The highest fee was 41.50m euros for Vitinha while the age of these players varied 26 and 20. The last time they signed 'superstars' was the season before when they signed Ramos, Messi and Donnarumma all of whom on a free. While I do believe that Ramos was a mistake, Messi (the GOAT who scored 11 goals and made 10 assists in 19 games) and Donnarumma seem to be quite shrewd signings especially since the latter's salary is less then that of DDG.

In contrast Nice had went full football manager this season by adding a mix of paid transfers and free transfers. They spent 22m on Diop who had been played all over the place. Their second most expensive signing Gaëtan Laborde had scored just 9 goals in 29 games. While the free transfers had barely done very well. Highest paid player Ramsey has just 1 goal and 2 assists under his name. Schmeichel turned out to training overweight while Ross Barkley was kept out from the Europa conference league squad.

If we look as total expenditure across the past 4 years (ie since Nice was bought by INEOS) you'll notice that PSG are first in the table with 395m euros while Nice is fourth with 242m euros. In terms of league table during that period PSG were 1st, 2nd, 1st and currently 1st. while Nice are 5th, 9th, 5th and currently 9th.

Real Name

Yet PSG is just 5 points ahead of Marseille with all those shrewd signings.

Some of the posts in this place recently sound like some of the posters are paid to write what they're writing.

devilish

Some of the posts in this place recently sound like some of the posters are paid to write what they're writing.
Sure my cousin Bart Reynolds Al Thani keeps giving me dosh so I will persuade all of you to the dark side. Without redcafe posters backing the deal the Al Thanis will not buy the club. Do you read your posts before posting? Also what's wrong being first with 5 points away from second place? I'll take that at United and I am sure that NICE and relegated Lausanne-Sport would love to be in that situation as well.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Very unlikely that INEOS will get rid of the Glazer debt which makes Qatar the only option if we want to get rid of debt.

jamesjimmybyrondean

The fear with Qatar is that we start signing trendy players or big players without any care whether they fit into a plan

devilish

The fear with Qatar is that we start signing trendy players or big players without any care whether they fit into a plan
Actually lately NICE had gone through that route rather then PSG with high profile players (for Nice size) like Schmeichel, Pepe, Ramsay and Barkley. In terms of expenditure PSG had achieved expectations. They are the biggest spenders and have won 3 out of 4 League 1 titles. Nice are 4th biggest spenders and had constantly failed to reach those expectations (Nice are 5th, 9th, 5th and currently 9th.)

Real Name

Sure my cousin Bart Reynolds Al Thani keeps giving me dosh so I will persuade all of you to the dark side. Without redcafe posters backing the deal the Al Thanis will not buy the club. Do you read your posts before posting? Also what's wrong being first with 5 points away from second place? I'll take that at United and I am sure that NICE and relegated Lausanne-Sport would love to be in that situation as well.
This is beautiful.

You found yourself in my post without the me needing to tag you.

Fantastic.

Last edited:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I have businesses paying 2.9% on loans from the last few years, so I fully understand Ineos would rather borrow cheap and keep their capital generating greater returns.
Its not so cheap to borrow in todays market

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Very unlikely that INEOS will get rid of the Glazer debt which makes Qatar the only option if we want to get rid of debt.
They have already claimed that they will only buy up the 'majority' shares of united ie the outstanding glazer shares. Why would they buy up the outstanding debt when they don't own all the shares?

Real Name

It could be Ed's where dreams happen and real life disneyland times 5.

But I'm sure PSG experts here will convince us we just have to look at that club to know that surely wont happen at United.

flappyjay

The whole thing is monumentally depressing. To see so many on the Caf so sanguine about the Quatari bid having sat on our high horse (correctly) deriding City all this time. The chances of some ordinary bloke who loves his football appearing over the horizon with 6 billion rattling around in his pocket appear slim at this point but the timing of this, United finally finding a no shit, no frills, straight talking football God to manage us and us finally having a bunch of hard working, likeable actual footballers on the pitch only to have this vision of football as it should be supplanted by the reality of the corporate, corrupt steaming pile of shit that it actually is is too much for me to take. I'm genuinely depressed.
I feel the same way. After years of being on City and Chelsea's backs about oil money we joined them. It feels like selling out. We have been crap for a decade so anything we win going forward will be attached to oil money even if we only spend money we generate.

Cassidy

Paid to paint being top of the league as bad you mean? Whilst arguing the team sitting 8th (with 4th highest spending) is better run?

Whether you are pro or anti Qatar, pro SJR or on fence. Its obvious that PSG is more successful and better run than Nice (who have spent shitloads and had not much progression)

You can also argue however that PSG should/could have done better with the money they have spent, particularly in Europe.

But there is no argument that can be made that Nice are achieving success to the level of their spending.

Ineos has not achieved much in football, that doesn’t mean though that they have not learned and gained experience. However their recent time in football is a little worrying in my opinion.

Best outcome for United is one of the 2 private bidders are much better options than both

Real Name

Paid to paint being top of the league as bad you mean? Whilst arguing the team sitting 8th (with 4th highest spending) is better run?

Whether you are pro or anti Qatar, pro SJR or on fence. Its obvious that PSG is more successful and better run than Nice (who have spent shitloads and had not much progression)

You can also argue however that PSG should/could have done better with the money they have spent, particularly in Europe.

But there is no argument that can be made that Nice are achieving success to the level of their spending.

Ineos has not achieved much in football, that doesn’t mean though that they have not learned and gained experience. However their recent time in football is a little worrying in my opinion.

Best outcome for United is one of the 2 private bidders are much better options than both
I only wrote that some posts look like they're made by paid posters. Some of the posters are fighting tooth and nail for Qatar and its strange to see and in the same time even depressing.

PSG doing better with the money spent was actually my point.
Also there's a constant circus around that club, weather it's about managers, players or something else plus buying superstars for the sake of it.
Of course Nice is doing worse but as you yourself said that doesnt meant United would be the same if INEOS bid would won just as that we would be doing fantastic and without error if Qatar bought us just cause they promised to fund the OT and the infrastructure and are loaded with money.
Imagine if they turn out to be reckless and sack ETH despite him doing good.

Cassidy

I only wrote that some posts look like they're made by paid posters. Some of the posters are fighting tooth and nail for Qatar and its strange to see and in the same time even depressing.

PSG doing better with the money spent was actually my point.
Also there's a constant circus around that club, weather it's about managers, players or something else plus buying superstars for the sake of it.
Of course Nice is doing worse but as you yourself said that doesnt meant United would be the same if INEOS bid would won just as that we would be doing fantastic and without error if Qatar bought us just cause they promised to fund the OT and the infrastructure and are loaded with money.
Imagine if they turn out to be reckless and sack ETH despite him doing good.
Imagine if INEOS turn out to be reckless and sack ETH despite him being good?

Cassidy

I'm imagining it and it doesn't look good. Just as with Qatar at PSG.
Qatar has sacked their manager that was doing good?

PSG doesn’t look as bad as some are trying to make out. Not that that even bears any relation to United since the people running PSG wouldn’t have anything to do with United anyway.

Even if we were funded by the same source (could be, might not be) Its not a Glazer situation where football people are not in total control of the footballing decisions.

Water Melon

I'm imagining it and it doesn't look good. Just as with Qatar at PSG.
PSG are dominating their league and are no pushovers in CL. When Qataris bought them they were 15th. To me Qatar have invested a lot in the Parisian club and made them a force in Europe. If they manage to find a proper manager, they are likely to win CL. City are now unstoppable in the prem and are one of the contenders for CL. Money helps a lot in football, while money + a top manager puts you right at the top of the game. Nice have won feck all and are bound to win feck all, whilst INEOS are in charge.