Qualify for the Europa League or exit Europe?

OleGunnar20

I've always enjoyed the EL personally. The more stuff we win the more it becomes habit, and I think we're well beyond this snobbery towards 'lesser' competitions at the moment.

We likely need a point to qualify is it?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Exit Europe. Forget about the scramble for trophies short term at every cost, forget about being desperate for CL qualification. Let's build properly. Let Ten Hag coach properly. Let's trim the squad into players who can actually grow into top players here. Have a smaller squad to suit fewer games for now, have proper coaching time in between games, develop a good system, and work towards being a functional team again.

If we squeeze in, great, if not, whatever. Keep building. We have a few gems that can be a part of a top team. Mainoo, Garnacho, Hojlund... our best chance at a great team again will coincide with these guys hitting top levels, which is a few years away. Build accordingly.

Matst1

How do we exit? Thought by not making the group stage you automatically go to Europa? Or is that only if you finish 3rd?

Bobski

Europa and use it to go big on Mainoo, Diallo, Gore, Pellistri and co.

Winrar

I've always enjoyed the EL personally. The more stuff we win the more it becomes habit, and I think we're well beyond this snobbery towards 'lesser' competitions at the moment.

Worked out well after we won the league cup last season.

Mubs

The way this season is going, you just know we'd get pantsed by Liverpool in the EL at some point.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Unfortunately Europa League is another chance to get into the UCL so we will definitely go for it.

Personally I don’t see the point as we definitely aren’t winning that so we have to just exit Europe all together.

BarryWinks

Exit please. I can see the appeal of the Europa League of we have a big enough squad and are trying to give games to people. As it is, we can barely fill our first eleven with quality. So no, let's go out. Give the lads some more time to recover between games, maybe some time for Ten Haag to earn his onions on the training pitch too.

I can already dress us being fatigued at Newcastle!

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Just looking at the groups before the final match day, how the feck have we only got 4 points from this group :(

Winrar

Just looking at the groups before the final match day, how the feck have we only got 4 points from this group :(
Manchester United 2-3 Galatasaray
Copenhagen 4-3 Manchester United
Galatasaray 3-3 Manchester United

DavelinaJolie

Given how the schedule wiped out the team towards the end of last season, and how the team have already had so many injuries this season, I'm all for no Europe entirely. Certain players won't get run into the ground, no pissing about flying all over the far reaches of Europe, and no Thursday/Sunday drag.

Get healthy, have more time to work on different things with the team and try and get the focus back for the League.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
The Europa had an appeal if you have a realistic chance of winning it or are just using it to bring through young players.

Unfortunately I just don't see us doing either. It'll be full strength teams until we bow out with a whimper, so if rather just save time and exit Europe completely.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Manchester United 2-3 Galatasaray
Copenhagen 4-3 Manchester United
Galatasaray 3-3 Manchester United
Conceding 10 goals in 3 matches against those is fantastic.

I think we’d be better off out of Europe this year, not that we have much say in it anyway

SirCactus

Exit Europe. Don't waste time on Europa league. We aren't going to win with Onana in our goal leaking goals.
We are already stretched with all the injuries and we should focus in getting a decent position in the league instead.
I am surprised to hear so many utd 'supporters' saying they would rather be knocked out of Euro competition than compete in Europa League after Christmas. I remember when we lost the Europa final a
I don't think it matters much as I doubt this team are good enough to finish in the CL qualification places this season, regardless of whether or not we're in the Europa League. For that reason, I'd probably marginally prefer to drop into Europa - we might get a few decent match-ups and some entertaining games, even if we're not good enough to realistically win the competition.
I agree. Europa is way to go. I am surprised so many utd 'fans' are saying they would rather be knocked out of European competition. Did those people not celebrate when we won it in 2017, or feel heartbroken in 2021 when we lost final on pens? It pains me to say it, but I think those people are being disingenuous. We all know scousers are red hot favourites to win it this year and I suspect a lot of our fans are running scared of Liverpool after the recent thumpings. That is not the utd way. We should be embracing every chance to put one over the old enemy. I think Liverpool are vastly over-rated and that ETH can find a way to beat them. I am looking forward to the Europa League, we are not CL standard and no point kidding ourselves otherwise. EL is a realistic alternative.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Honestly I want to exit Europe altogether rather than enter Europa League. Some might feel we are not in the position to turn our nose up at any competition, and I feel that is true, but really I hate the slog of that particular competition and I do not want all of Man Utd games to be Thursday, Sunday for rest of the season. I also don't like the competition, I feel like it's become a B-list Champions League in recent years. Europa Conference is a more interesting competition.

TrustInOle

Easily would prefer to drop to the EL rather than out of Europe completely, we should be trying to do our best in as many competitions as possible, every one is worth winning regardless of how "valuable" people perceive said cups/ leagues.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
As If we have a chance to make the EL :lol:

We'll lose to Bayern.

Robertd0803

We need to win and then as long as theres a winner in the other game we end up 3rd.

Part of me obviously wants us to win everything we are in but then again best thing this season might be one game a week.and hope the Thursday/Sunday takes its toll on other teams around us.

Injuries are killing us and its a much stronger Europa this year than previous years so not exactly ideal.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Europa. Still a cup. Has CL benefits too. We aren't in title race anyway and top 5 is guaranteed CL. If we don't get it, it's a sackable offense but this offers an alternate route.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Exit, no big team cares about that competition. Even winning it doesn't feel like a big thing.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Yeah feck the Europa League.

5th will probably get in the Champions League, so would rather just concentrate on the league and try and finish top 5.

r0663664

Worships Man City
I think stay in the Europa League and start playing youngsters (add Sancho). We need our youngsters to have more exposure to quality opposition and atmosphere so they can grow as footballers. I would also add Sancho, VDB, and some of our deadwood in so we could get Europe clubs and a preview of what they are buying. There are many players that need games at United with the likes of Hannibal, Pellestri, and Amad. These experiences will be invaluable to them.

stevoc

Exit, we're so shite we'd only end getting knocked out in the first knock-out round against fecking Bruges or something.