Television Quantum Leap Returns

choccy77

A reboot of Quantum Leap is happening.

It will be a continuation of the original series, with a new group of scientists, trying to find Sam.

Scott Bakula, has been in talks for a return.

Oh boy!

Amir

I loved the original. Can't say I'm too excited for this, though, as I can't believe they'll be able to recapture that spark. The Bakula-Stockwell duo was a huge part in it.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
"Sam Beckett never returned home...until hollywood ran out of ideas and started rebooting everything in sight."

Big Andy

Bloke
Been fuming about the ending since 1993, I used to sit and watch with my mum when my dad was on nights.

Superunknown

Oh man, I used to love watching this as a kid. I don't think I ever watched it in sequence, however. The whole concept is pretty neat, though.

SirAF

Ageist
I LOVED Quantum as a kid, and I’ve been meaning to rewatch it at some point. Pretty stoked about this.

choccy77

I wonder if Bakula will play the Al role?

They should reboot Sliders next.
It seems he will be a part of it, the premises is that they are gonna go looking for him.

The best thing about Quantum Leap, was how sensitive they were to subjects and did them justice and it was a good way to learn about history etc.

I just wonder how much would be accepted in 2022 if they touch on certain subjects

MarylandMUFan

The Leap Home episodes (when he went home then to his brother in Nam) were amazing. I still watch the show every once in a while since it's on TV still and I record them. A bit hesitant with a reboot but if Bakula comes back then it could be good.

Amir

The Leap Home episodes (when he went home then to his brother in Nam) were amazing. I still watch the show every once in a while since it's on TV still and I record them. A bit hesitant with a reboot but if Bakula comes back then it could be good.
My favorite was the episode in which Sam and Al switched places, with Al being the one who is in history and Sam in the imaging chamber.

Amir

The best episode was the 2 parter where Stockwell is actually the devil
Great one, but wasn't a two-parter, though. It was a regular episode in which Al turned out to be the devil.... and then Sam woke up having fainted at the start of the episode and saved someone. So it was actually a (great) dream episode.

Big Andy

Bloke
I've started a re-watch. 3 episodes in and it's just as good as I remember.

Big Andy

Bloke
What the feck do the people who he’s leaped into think when they leap back in?

just watched one where the guy was in love with someone, then Sam sorts it out, leaps out then this guy is well in there thinking “wahey” :lol:

Big Andy

Bloke
Just got to series 2 of my rewatch. Goes from episode 7 to episode 9 and episode 8 is the Jimmy episode. It’s been cut completely due to the use of the word “retard”.
Thats retarded in and of itself, as it’s one of the best episodes.

MarylandMUFan

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I've started a re-watch. 3 episodes in and it's just as good as I remember.
That's very surprising to me, was my favorite show as a kid but never thought to rewatch it, figured it wouldn't be the same.

dinostar77

Watched the trailer. It looks crap. Should have done a evil leaper series, ruining peoples lives instead.

Or dont limit it to leaping within his own lifetime, that could get expensive.

Big Andy

Bloke
That's very surprising to me, was my favorite show as a kid but never thought to rewatch it, figured it wouldn't be the same.
I quite enjoyed watching it again, hadn’t watched it since the early 90’s but still remembered episodes in detail. It’s still great TV if you can turn your brain off.

Big Andy

Bloke
I actually don't mind that news. The fact that they reached out to him to me is good (and that it's a continuation and not a straight re-boot). Will definitely give it a shot.
Wonder why he turned it down? Would’ve been a nice money spinner for him for a couple of episodes

mu4c_20le

Yeah decent. Went in with zero expectations and was satisfied. Main character is pretty good. Kinda reminds me of the show where this cat brings some dude tomorrow's newspaper every morning, and he has to go around changing the bad stuff.

Superunknown

Yeah decent. Went in with zero expectations and was satisfied. Main character is pretty good. Kinda reminds me of the show where this cat brings some dude tomorrow's newspaper every morning, and he has to go around changing the bad stuff.
Early Edition! Used to love that show as a kid.