Raúl Jiménez | Wolves player

NoPace

Been good for wolves this season - what’s his potential?
I never rated him and he's turning 28, but he's really improved technically. He's on loan, so if we do sell Lukaku for like 50M this summer and need a backup for Rashford, maybe Benfica would take like 15M for him and Jimenez would be happy to get a big move even if it meant being #2. He's not pacy but he's clever and unselfish on the break a decent threat in the air. Basically an all-arounder.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Surprisingly velvet touch in the final third for a big man. Doesn’t score near enough though.

Bwuk

Would of been the ideal target man for Mourinho.

Eila

Surprisingly velvet touch in the final third for a big man. Doesn’t score near enough though.
He plays a lot like Danny Welbeck, except without the exploding knees. Which is to say, he can be a good addition to a CL squad, but as he is right now he doesn't have enough goals to lead the line.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Typical Premier League striker. Has done very well, I like him.

one340

Maybe because he's my compatriot I'm a bit biased but he is a good man to have in the squad. Very unselfish player which explains his low scoring but he would be useful.

Varun

Staff
I like him, good enough to be a squad player at a top 6 club.

sean9988

if we are to sign any player from wolves, it would have to be jota. he was class the best player for wolves that day

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I cant deny he has proved me wrong he has great hold up play and has been a workhorse up top for wolves all season. With that being said 32M is a lot more than what he is worth so Benfica won this deal for sure. Raul is a good player though and is idolized on the wolves forum. He can get them about 15 goals a season on average which for a small club like wolves is important.

They are a bit delusional though at the Molienux mix saying he can be a 20 league goal a season striker and 30 goal a season goal scorer. He never did that ever in his career in lesser leagues let alone the EPL. Nonetheless good on them on signing an important player for them and when they eventually get an actual goal scorer he will be great to have coming off the bench.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I personally think he's bang average however him and Jota somehow looked like prime Cole & Yorke the other night. Seriously I dont see much difference between him and someone like Rondon for example

Just another thing to add to the frustrations

SAFMUTD

Being mexican I have followed him his whole career, and while he is not up to the level for top 6 clubs he is a very technical striker, can hold up the play and retain long balls really well.

He is specially good at taking penalties, he has missed only one in his whole career and has ice in his vains to take them he always waits until the last second to strike the ball and always fools the GK to dive into the wrong side.

This season with Wolves has been his best by far in europe, their football style really suits him, specially his partnership with Diogo Jota.

Due to his age, 28, I don’t think he will reach a higher ceiling but he’ll have a decent career at the EPL without a doubt.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Comes across as a slightly diluted version of Fernando Llorente at Athletic Club. Not the most productive or consistent scorer to date, but a rinky-dink presence at the center-forward position and effectively brings others into play. The type of #9 who could theoretically work well with Griezmann (who's more of a scoring forward than an archetypal creative #10) in Atlético's setup, under a manager like Simeone — who doesn't mind using system players for very specific roles from the bench. Especially considering his partnership with Jota and Griezmann's with Giroud for France.

Eila

Comes across as a slightly diluted version of Fernando Llorente at Athletic Club. Not the most productive or consistent scorer to date, but a rinky-dink presence at the center-forward position and effectively brings others into play. The type of #9 who could theoretically work well with Griezmann (who's more of a scoring forward than an archetypal creative #10) in Atlético's setup, under a manager like Simeone — who doesn't mind using system players for very specific roles from the bench. Especially considering his partnership with Jota and Griezmann's with Giroud for France.
Funny, because Jimenez played for Atletico and was absolutely out of his depth. He grew a lot on Benfica, and now is in his prime.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Funny, because Jimenez played for Atletico and was absolutely out of his depth. He grew a lot on Benfica, and now is in his prime.
Yep, didn't leave a mark back then with playing time limited. Even though he fit the bill on paper as Mandzukić-lite and Simeone seemed to rate him:
On Raúl Jiménez, who is impressing at Benfica after a disappointing year at the Calderón: "Nothing bad happened with Raúl Jiménez, quite the opposite. We're really fond of him as a person and believe there's a great player there. He had to compete with Torres, Mandzukic, Griezmann and Raúl García. I'm not surprised he's scoring goals and we're happy for him because he left us with good memories".
https://www.marca.com/en/2015/12/07/en/football/spanish_football/1449519533.html

Mr. P Mosh

He could be entering his prime, I think his ceiling is as squad player for a UCL contender, not more. Wolves is right for him.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He could be entering his prime, I think his ceiling is as squad player for a UCL contender, not more. Wolves is right for him.
Much better link up player than Lukaku and perfectly suits Wolves style but we need a someone better

NoPace

Being mexican I have followed him his whole career, and while he is not up to the level for top 6 clubs he is a very technical striker, can hold up the play and retain long balls really well.

He is specially good at taking penalties, he has missed only one in his whole career and has ice in his vains to take them he always waits until the last second to strike the ball and always fools the GK to dive into the wrong side.

This season with Wolves has been his best by far in europe, their football style really suits him, specially his partnership with Diogo Jota.

Due to his age, 28, I don’t think he will reach a higher ceiling but he’ll have a decent career at the EPL without a doubt.
Agreed with all this. I never understood why he got the move to Atletico when I watched him there but he really is technically very good.

Bigger strikers often peak later. If Lukaku wants to leave and we want a striker to backup Rashford until Greenwood can be counted on, we should probably be looking at trying to sign a mid 20s striker about to peak but that's cheap like Jimenez was (10M) before and after his Atletico years, not now that he's 28 and would cost 40 or 50M.

Bobski

Had not realized Wolves had confirmed this, great move for them, as long as he does not do a Michu. I think he would have been a good signing for any of Spurs, Utd, Chelsea. Not prolific but his all round game and physicality really helps the overall attacking unit. A bit like Giroud but probably better at this point.

Chekhov

Supports
A wife and three kids
Had not realized Wolves had confirmed this, great move for them, as long as he does not do a Michu. I think he would have been a good signing for any of Spurs, Utd, Chelsea. Not prolific but his all round game and physicality really helps the overall attacking unit. A bit like Giroud but probably better at this point.
The Giroud of today isn't even close to the player Raul is.