Race for top 4 | Finito.

Lee565

Well done Everton for kicking starting Liverpool season and gakpo career with them, I hope they get relegated as all they do is give Liverpool a 6 point head start every season

Semigoodlookin

I think top 4 is a cruise now for United. Liverpool are on the up but not the same team as last season and will drop more points. Newcastle are starting to be found out a little and will continue to drop points. And finally Spurs are just not very good and will also drop points. I do not count the others (Brighton, Brentford, etc.) as credible in the long term. From the position United is in now and the state of teams nearest them, I thnk top 4 will be relatively easy.

Reactions: oates

Witchking

Well done Everton for kicking starting Liverpool season and gakpo career with them, I hope they get relegated as all they do is give Liverpool a 6 point head start every season
Exactly this. Plus Nunez scoring again. Don't like Liverpool winning at any cost.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
2-0 and up against 10 men after 22 minutes. They should've been looking for 4 or 5 but couldn't score any more despite creating some chances. Could've lost at least one too. They might come good but are quite average at the moment. To say it's 100% guaranteed they'll finish top four really is just going by the name and not by what's actually in front of them.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Not bothered what Liverpool are up to at all. I'm more interested in making our move on the top 2.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Win our game tomorrow and we put a serious gap in between the teams below us.
Whatever happens happens in terms of 4th place. All we can do is control guaranteeing 3rd, with half an eye upwards if those two keep their uncertain form going.

Lee565

Good day for liverpool's chances, spurs and Newcastle bottling it, Brighton our dark horses though

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Regardless of the result tomorrow, we're pretty safe and between battle for 4th spot and for the title. I don't think either is a threat so to speak.

Interesting if we focus more on cups now.

Nero

Liverpool will get it easily. Too many forgot to account for the fact the teams they are competing with are trainwrecks.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I've said it for a few weeks but Brighton will get 4th imo. Can see them getting past 60 points with the fixtures they have left, not sure Spurs will and Newcastle are declining now.

Today they've played a West Ham who've been tough to beat recently and dismantled them with ease. There's loads of quality in this Brighton team back to front and De Zerbi is getting much more out of them in final third than Potter did.

Will be good for the league to freshen things up if they make CL.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Liverpool will get it easily. Too many forgot to account for the fact the teams they are competing with are trainwrecks.
I think you'll beat them tomorrow (think Rashford will massively expose TAA and Casemiro-Fred is good enough to get better of their declining CMs).

Liverpool still has Arsenal at home and likes of Man. City and Chelsea away so it's going to be nowhere near a procession because they're not that good and you can also see them having draws/odd defeat away to sides battling relegation as that's what they've been doing most of the season e.g. Leicester and West Ham away.

Brighton will finish above Liverpool anyway imo and tbh they deserve to.

edcunited1878

pool, Brighton, and Spurs are the serious contenders. Newcastle are breaking physically and aren't scoring enough to get full results. Nice unbeaten run but it was littered with draws.

As has been said, Brighton are the darkhorse because they have plenty of games in hand but are consistent in their play which has given them a shout in all their games, don't need to worry about which team will show up...like a Spurs.

BorisManUtd

Some good results for us today with Spurs and Newcastle losing. Also good results for Liverpool though so they'll be even more up for it tomorrow.

RuudTom83

The important thing for United is that they don't drop their standards...if City/Arsenal don't fall apart then so be it. But I hope the team maintains their standards and carries them up to the final match of the season.

Top 4 will be an absolute doddle!

Last edited:

RedMist99

Looks like we are a bit too far off a title challenge but comfortable enough for a top 3 finish, as the chasing pack are constantly dropping points. We should be throwing everything at the cups now.

cyberman

Looks like we are a bit too far off a title challenge but comfortable enough for a top 3 finish, as the chasing pack are constantly dropping points. We should be throwing everything at the cups now.
Reminds me of Oles 2nd place season. No harm to keep winning and trying to win, it took them miracles to win 2 of last 4.
All on if we win tomorrow or not

SirScholes

I've said it for a few weeks but Brighton will get 4th imo. Can see them getting past 60 points with the fixtures they have left, not sure Spurs will and Newcastle are declining now.

Today they've played a West Ham who've been tough to beat recently and dismantled them with ease. There's loads of quality in this Brighton team back to front and De Zerbi is getting much more out of them in final third than Potter did.

Will be good for the league to freshen things up if they make CL.
West Ham are terrible and the perfect team for them to play in my opinion, I really hope they do get 4th
They have games in hand, no distractions, just need to stay injury free
Would love for Newcastle to tumble out of Europe completely

AFC NimbleThumb

With Spurs & Newcastle truly revealing themselves of late I think Top 4 is nailed for us this year.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Need to stall Liverpool's mini league revival tomorrow.
If they win, it's hard not to see them passing a faltering Newcastle and a classic up and down Tottenham.

croadyman

Those damn results at Villa, Palace and ugh Arsenal have come back to bite us badly, yes I know we made life near impossible with those two early defeats but unfortunately they happened to make Erik realise what drastic action needed taking but don't make them any easier to swallow

croadyman

Reminds me of Oles 2nd place season. No harm to keep winning and trying to win, it took them miracles to win 2 of last 4.
All on if we win tomorrow or not
So galling when you see yourself with a double figure points gap though after such good results since WC

Dannn411

Those damn results at Villa, Palace and ugh Arsenal have come back to bite us badly, yes I know we made life near impossible with those two early defeats but unfortunately they happened to make Erik realise what drastic action needed taking but don't make them any easier to swallow
Villa game was a throwaway I get that but the Palace and Arsenal games will haunt me for a long time. We easily could have won both games with a little more bravery shown. I hope we will not retreat into a shell today against Liverpool. We need to come out and go toe to toe and not retreat if we take the lead. We are a very good team and its high time our players believed it and started to act like it. This is not LVG or Mourinho or Ole's united anymore.

mshnsh

We are but we cannot give up. We have to give it our all to win every game and see where it takes us. You never know as slim as the chances are.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Villa game was a throwaway I get that but the Palace and Arsenal games will haunt me for a long time. We easily could have won both games with a little more bravery shown. I hope we will not retreat into a shell today against Liverpool. We need to come out and go toe to toe and not retreat if we take the lead. We are a very good team and its high time our players believed it and started to act like it. This is not LVG or Mourinho or Ole's united anymore.
Thought we looked cooked v Arsenal and from 70th minute could tell we had a midweek game (again).

Good news is Liverpool played Wednesday too.

croadyman

Thought we looked cooked v Arsenal and from 70th minute could tell we had a midweek game (again).

Good news is Liverpool played Wednesday too.
Psychologically that Casa loss burst the team spirit bubble for Arsenal and last 10 at Palace

Unam333

If we lose today then it's safe to say we're out of the title race. I'm feeling pretty confident we'll get a top 4 spot. So I hope we'll prioritize the cups games.

croadyman

If we lose today then it's safe to say we're out of the title race. I'm feeling pretty confident we'll get a top 4 spot. So I hope we'll prioritize the cups games.
Nail in the coffin with a draw too,man it's so damn gutting we can't get back within 9

Unam333

Nail in the coffin with a draw too,man it's so damn gutting we can't get back within 9
Yeah, a draw will put us back as well. I'm feeling pretty relaxed for today's game. It's Liverpool at Anfield. You expect us to drop points. I was feeling more nervous for the Crystal Palace and Leeds games. Those are the games you have to win in order to become champions. So yeah, we're still far away off.

zenith

Realistically speaking, there is very little to say that we are in the title range, but heck it is exciting to believe

croadyman

Yeah, a draw will put us back as well. I'm feeling pretty relaxed for today's game. It's Liverpool at Anfield. You expect us to drop points. I was feeling more nervous for the Crystal Palace and Leeds games. Those are the games you have to win in order to become champions. So yeah, we're still far away off.
Palace away and Leeds at home are exactly why we find ourselves 14 BEHIND. That Casa suspension against Arsenal should never have happened but we lacked that ruthless edge at Selhurst. Worst feeling after a game there since Jan 1995 and still feel robbed

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
3rd is ours to lose.

Let’s hunt Arsenal down. I’ll be happy with 2nd. That would be a great debut season for EtH