Race for top 4 | Finito.

croadyman

3rd is ours to lose.

Let’s hunt Arsenal down. I’ll be happy with 2nd. That would be a great debut season for EtH
We have to WIN next two and hope Fulham turn up at Craven Cottage next Sunday. Get that gap back to something in single figures with Brentford game to still play.

JustinC00

It's gonna be a absolute piece of piss. Newcastle and Spurs are utter gash. United and Liverpool will take 3rd and 4th.
Spurs and Newcastle only have to focus on the league. Spurs will be dumped out of CL this week. There is also Brighton who has 2 games in hand they win both and they are 5 points off us and we have to play them away. Absolutely not nailed on we get top 4. We play Spurs, Newcastle and Brighton away and we just haven't been good in the bigger games away in the League, in fact I would say we haven't even been good. Loss to City, Loss to Arsenal, Loss to Liverpool, needed a 90th minute goal to get a point from Potter's Chelsea which in retrospect is looking poor we didn't win that. Drew with Palace away, barely got by Wolves, needed a 93rd min winner at Fulham, 1-3 to Villa, barely got a win vs West Ham, barely scraped by Everton, barely scraped by Southampton, barely scraped by Leicester, 4-0 to Brentford.

Top 4 is not close to being a lock with our away form is. Our "easiest" fixture remaining away is Bournemouth who just went to Arsenal and should have probably left with a draw.

Last edited:

cyberman

Kills any title hopes and there’s no way 2 teams are overtaking us. Gonna be a boring run in for us

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Spurs and Newcastle only have to focus on the league. Spurs will be dumped out of CL this week. There is also Brighton who has 2 games in hand they win both and they are 5 points off us and we have to play them away. Absolutely not nailed on we get top 4. We play Spurs, Newcastle and Brighton away and we just haven't been good in the bigger games away in the League, in fact I would say we haven't even been good. Loss to City, Loss to Arsenal, Loss to Liverpool, needed a 90th minute goal to get a point from Potter's Chelsea which in retrospect is looking poor we didn't win that. Drew with Palace away, barely got by Wolves, needed a 93rd min winner at Fulham, 1-3 to Villa, barely got a win vs West Ham, barely scraped by Everton, barely scraped by Southampton, barely scraped by Leicester, 4-0 to Brentford.

Top 4 is not close to being a lock with our away form is. Our "easiest" fixture remaining away is Bournemouth who just went to Arsenal and should have probably left with a draw.
Spot on but clowns in this thread always think they know better.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Does anyone see us massively derailing? I’m not sure. Fancy we will see a decent reaction. We may finish below Liverpool though.

Buckie

Supports
Arsenal
Does anyone see us massively derailing? I’m not sure. Fancy we will see a decent reaction. We may finish below Liverpool though.
No. Man United won't massively derail. Top 4 is a lock.

Infra-red

Could go either way, really. Liverpool are certs for top 4 you'd think and should be confident of finishing ahead of us, so it's really a question of whether we can rally from this humiliation quickly enough to keep our noses ahead of Newcastle and Spurs.

Fatigue looks to be a pretty serious factor at this stage.

JustinC00

Does anyone see us massively derailing?
If we continue on with Europa and the FA cup absolutely

Away Matches Remaining
Newcastle
Spurs
Brighton
West Ham
Forest
Bournemouth

Home Matches Remaining
Southampton (scrapped by them 1-0)
Brentford (lost to them 0-4 already)
Everton (Dyche's Everton now.)
Chelsea (that's a nailed on draw)
Villa (beat us 1-3 this season)
Wolves (scrapped by them 1-0)
Fulham (needed a stoppage time winner to beat them)

Only Bournemouth, Forest and Leciester have allowed more goals away this season than us

Siorac

Yeah, I do expect Liverpool to finish ahead of us. They are obviously pulling themselves together now, man for man they are still clearly better than we are and they are out of all competitions so they can focus on the league.

We ned to hold on to 4th. Let's hope both Newcastle and Spurs continue dropping points all the time.

Matthew84!

Away Matches Remaining
Newcastle
Spurs
Brighton
West Ham
Forest
Bournemouth

Home Matches Remaining
Chelsea
Utd are unbeaten at Home i believe, Utd play 3 of the bottom 6 away, Newcastle are in a slump and Spurs are Spurs.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We still have a good lead

3 of the next 4 at home vs Southampton, Everton and Brentford. Important we get back on track in those.

amolbhatia50k

We could but I think we will get ourselves back on track. The progress being made is there. I can see us going out in cups as this whole treble talk is silly but I fancy us to react in the league at least

ForlansHair

We have the 3rd most points away from home in the league. The teams chasing are even worse than us. We aren’t being chased by City and Arsenal.

Most of them also have to play Arsenal and City . Only Spurs have played them both twice along with us (I think Newcastle only have one left against City).

We have 7 home games left and our home form is really good. If we keep our home form up (the highest placed team left to come is Fulham in 7th) and win say 6 of those, that takes us to 67 points. We probably only need 3 points away from home to make top 4. We will end up doing it pretty comfortably, we’re inconsistent away from home but we’re not going to lose 6 on the spin like last season.

edit: typo

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Southampton (H)
Fulham (H)
Newastle (A)
Brentford (H)
Everton (H)

4 of the next 5 at home with Brighton (A) to be wedged in there somewhere.

It would be the biggest bottle job in the history of the Premier League to miss out on top 4 now.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
To think people thought Liverpool had done their money for 4th

James35

If we don’t get the three points at home to Southampton I would seriously worry about us dropping out of top four. We haven’t been beating many teams easily and we always give away chances. Brighton away could easily turn into a pasting like today as they score for fun. Liverpool will definitely make top 4 we just need to make sure we are the other team in it. Hopefully Spurs and Newcastle drop more points soon.

cyberman

Away Matches Remaining
Newcastle
Spurs
Brighton
West Ham
Forest
Bournemouth

Home Matches Remaining
Chelsea (that's a nailed on draw)

Only Bournemouth, Forest and Leciester have allowed more goals away this season than us
You found a strange way to say we’ve beaten 4 out of the 7 teams that have to come to OT?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Liverpool potentially have a chance now? Still not sure, they’re not a great team but today was a decent result.

PoTMS

We could get dragged back into this. It's important we don't let this embarrassment affect us going forward.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Feels similar to that behind closed doors season.

Liverpool miles off, if anything further off than this year. But got their act together, smashed us, and then all plain sailing.

amolbhatia50k

Liverpool potentially have a chance now? Still not sure, they’re not a great team but today was a decent result.
They should beat Spurs to it due to Spurs being Spurs. But it’s not a given.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Utd aren't giving up top 4 , no chance.

Last spot is between us, Newcastle and Tottenham. We have a difficult schedule but Spurs look like bottling it every other game, so if we find any sort of consistency it's ours to lose imo.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
We could get dragged back into this. It's important we don't let this embarrassment affect us going forward.
If we react with a few wins we’ll be well clear of Toon and Spurs. We’d do very well to finish outside top 4, but we showed today we’re capable of new depths of shite when things stop going our way.

mathrait

Supports
Arsenal
Tottenham are absolute trash this season and Newcastle have been seriously overperforming with the players they have.

No way will Utd finish below them. If they do, serious questions will have to be asked of Ten Hag.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Almost like a - 1 points wise today with the goal difference. Now worse than all our rivals.

led_scholes

Utd aren't giving up top 4 , no chance.

Last spot is between us, Newcastle and Tottenham. We have a difficult schedule but Spurs look like bottling it every other game, so if we find any sort of consistency it's ours to lose imo.
I would add Brighton to the mix. They are playing much better than spurs and Newcastle.

el3mel

Liverpool are going to do it. They're on the up and Spurs will fall under any good competition. They're only in top 4 because Newcastle are crap. Now with Liverpool breathing under their necks, it's only a matter of time.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Saved their season and will probably go on to sign Bellingham. Well done us.