Race for top 4 | Finito.

Silverman

Absolutely no need to panic. If anything, that was a good point considering the way the game panned out.

PoTMS

8 clear of 5th.
It’s a sure deal if you check out literally every other top 4 contender results from this week bar Spurs? Us not winning doesn’t give them more points
Well, no it's 6 points (effectively less with our goal difference being so poor) and that team has a game in hand. You have to be utterly bonkers if you think it's safe to say we're there already. Be confident, by all means, but we could just as easily fold what with the schedule being so packed and close to one another. Not to mention our small squad seems to keep on getting smaller.

pascell

I'd say we're just on the periphery of being dragged back into the top 4 race. No Casemiro for the next 3 games, Garnacho possibly out for a while and when Rashford doesn't score, the goals dry up.

The_Midfielder

21 points from 36 should get us top 4 I feel.. 7 wins in 12 ..That would be 71 points
Spurs would need to get 21 from 33 that is 7 wins in 11 ..
Newcastle would need 25 from 39 ..that is 8 wins in 13 ..
Liverpool 31 from 36.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Quite possible we could be 5th if we lose to Newcastle but with games in hand.

cyberman

Well, no it's 6 points (effectively less with our goal difference being so poor) and that team has a game in hand. You have to be utterly bonkers if you think it's safe to say we're there already. Be confident, by all means, but we could just as easily fold what with the schedule being so packed and close to one another. Not to mention our small squad seems to keep on getting smaller.
..and Wolves have scored

Irwin99

Come on Wolves. If the scores stay the same it's really not been too bad a week.

AshRK

You are just underrating us and over estimating others around us.

PoTMS

You are just underrating us and over estimating others around us.
No one is underrating anyone. I think there's only been one good team in the league this season and we've been the best of the rest after City. We're by far the best off out of all the contenders. I'm just saying you'd be stupid to think top 4 is all but secured - no surprise the same people who thought we were challenging for the title.

AshRK

No one is underrating anyone. I'm just saying you'd be stupid to think top 4 is secured.
Of course it not secured but it will be a major feck up if we end up missing the top 4 spot from this position. We need to crumble big time to miss the 4th spot.

RuudTom83

I was looking at the table when United had an outside chance of the title.

As for Top 4, I can’t see how United can fall from 3rd to 5th anytime soon.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I was looking at the table when United had an outside chance of the title.

As for Top 4, I can’t see how United can fall from 3rd to 5th anytime soon.
There could be a chance we drop to 5th in literally our next game.

Judas

Open to offers
No one is underrating anyone. I think there's only been one good team in the league this season and we've been the best of the rest after City. We're by far the best off out of all the contenders. I'm just saying you'd be stupid to think top 4 is all but secured - no surprise the same people who thought we were challenging for the title.
Arsenal have been the best team in the league though? Having read your posts lately they’re mostly miserable and negative, so the last few results have really fueled you well.

cyberman

Terrible weekend for Liverpool by the way, especially with the next three fixtures they have coming up

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
I think with this result Arsenal have CL football secured. Still probably need 6 more points to be 100 % sure.

PoTMS

Arsenal have been the best team in the league though? Having read your posts lately they’re mostly miserable and negative, so the last few results have really fueled you well.
Yes, Arsenal are the team I refer to when I say there's only been one good team in the league. And are you surprised, we've just got absolutely embarrassed and annihilated 7-0 to our biggest rivals and then dropped more points which has led us to being dragged back into the top 4 race. I just hope it's a blip and we can snap out of it quick.

Judas

Open to offers
Yes, Arsenal are the team I refer to when I say there's only been one good team in the league. And are you surprised, we've just got absolutely annihilated 7-0 to our biggest rivals and then dropped more points which has led us to being dragged back into the top 4 race. I just hope it's a blip and we can snap out of it quick.
We’ve never not been in the top 4 race? We’re inconsistent and nowhere near the finished article, like the rest of the chasing pack. As long as we don’t miss out, we will have done well in the league this season.

Sylar

If we can win our home games and avoid defeat to Newcastle in our next three or four and we are in great shape

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
That Newcastle game is a must not lose but given our away results I've got no confidence we'll manage it.

always_hoping

Why are they winnable? Surely you could say that about most others fixtures as well?
I’m sitting here watching them somehow avoid another Pope red card and penalty, nothings that much winnable
Winnable games yes but not always won as Man United found out today.

Wolves beaten and i expect them to also beat Forest. Newcastle v Man United game on April 2nd a big one now. Must not lose IMO for Man United.

Nicolarra90

That Newcastle game is a must not lose but given our away results I've got no confidence we'll manage it.
Seeing your post history I don't think you have confidence of waking up in the morning after you go to sleep.

Judas

Open to offers
This place loves to build up games, but the game against Newcastle isn’t a cup final, we already had that. We can lose that and it’ll be a bit shit, but it wouldn’t be a season destroyer.

SATA

Not sure why people are worried about Newcastle. They won’t win every game after that even if they beat us. They have to also get past Spurs and the scousers first which they very likely won’t

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
This place loves to build up games, but the game against Newcastle isn’t a cup final, we already had that. We can lose that and it’ll be a bit shit, but it wouldn’t be a season destroyer.
People always get kidded into thinking rivals are going to win every match when looking at point deficits etc.

Bar a proper capitulation we should finish 4th at absolute worst.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Absolutely no way United aren't finishing top 4, only need 18 points from 12 games, the 3 teams below them are far too inconsistent to put go on a runs that would get 2 of them to 70+ points

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Poor result the pressure is on. Feels like the cup win has given some form of conclusion to a season when there's plenty of games left. Players took their foot off the gas has Shaw highlighted in his interview. The players and manager need to get onside with closing out the games. Every top team has sustained injuries this season it's how to adapt that's important.
Great result considering the red card. Point gained.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Everyone really thinks all these teams below us are going to win every game :lol::houllier:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Not sure why people are worried about Newcastle. They won’t win every game after that even if they beat us. They have to also get past Spurs and the scousers first which they very likely won’t
This is Newcastle's first win in about 10 games, we're just bedwetters here :lol: