g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Radja Nainggolan

United Pro

He could be thinking about having enough money to finance his family line generations beyond now. In that context, would you say football is more important?

If his objective is to get the biggest wages available to him then getting paid pretty well wouldn't be as appealing as getting eye-watering amounts.
Right, but he could be earning very good money in a competitive team and league, with the hope of making the world cup squad. The thing is, if it was all about money he'd have left Roma years ago.
As couple of guys mentioned before, on NY evening he put videos online of him swearing, smoking, drinking... He was fined, I believe 100.000€, by Roma and banned from the team for a couple of games.
Martinez hasn't selected him for a while due to the same reasons, being not professional enough, smoking, being late...

He's a character to say the least. I think he would rather play football for fun, without the pressure. Earning 10 million € a year doing so, not that bad...
Yeah cheers.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Right, but he could be earning very good money in a competitive team and league, with the hope of making the world cup squad. The thing is, if it was all about money he'd have left Roma years ago.

Yeah cheers.
None of us can possibly know when someone else has a moment of clarity. We don't know what's going on in his personal life, or if the fallout we hear about with him drinking and dossing has been triggered by something.

I dunno, I just think these things can be seen through a simple lens, by us, the fans, but this is a job to a lot of players, and one in which maximising earnings is far more important than leagues, trophies and World Cups.

United Pro

None of us can possibly know when someone else has a moment of clarity. We don't know what's going on in his personal life, or if the fallout we hear about with him drinking and dossing has been triggered by something.

I dunno, I just think these things can be seen through a simple lens, by us, the fans, but this is a job to a lot of players, and one in which maximising earnings is far more important than leagues, trophies and World Cups.
That's a fair point tbf. I don't personally agree with your point about maximising earnings being more important than winning leagues, trophies and world cups, but I can appreciate that others (including Naingollan) may see it that way.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
If I was a player that was very good but not great, being able to sign for massive money that only Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar etc are on then I'd be straight to China, obviously if I were as good as the three mentioned you'd get that money anywhere so I'd play for the best club possible, but these players going to China just want to maximize their earnings, it's greedy but understandable.

sergiosigurvinson

Nainggolan (AS Roma) will move to Guangzhou (coach Fabio Cannavara) Price 50 million euros ( £45 million). His salary will be 12 million euros.
The club itself has to pay another 44 million euros (luxe taxes) to a development fund in China itself.
I think this club is the 4th richest footballclub in the world.