Radja Nainggolan

Smores

This is tranfer meltdown territory, would be a fantastic signing :drool:

Probably depends on the final result though unless he likes money more.

Bwuk

Him, Pogba and Herrera would be a midfield with a lot of power and bite to it. Hasn't Nainggolan been playing further forward this year?

Cloud7

Would he be the player to sit in midfield with the Pog? Or would he be a Herrera player of sorts, in that in games where we needed more control he would play alongside Pogba with a more defensive minded player behind both of them?

AgentP

Brilliant player but I don't think he'll leave Italy. Might move to Juventus.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Can't see where he'd fit in unless Herrera is being dropped

jungledrums

Would he be the player to sit in midfield with the Pog? Or would he be a Herrera player of sorts, in that in games where we needed more control he would play alongside Pogba with a more defensive minded player behind both of them?
Yeah, pretty sure the latter. He'd be (I think) direct competition for Herrera, unless Herrera was to start deeper.

Devil81

He's 29 years of age, I would much prefer a younger player to give us a few more years of service.

dellboyy

I don't know much about the guy, but from a quick read it seems like he could play a variety of positions in our midfield, where needed? Sounds like an interesting option!

Blind

No way he's leaving Italy, top class player though.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Excellent Fellaini replacement

Reynoldo

He's 29 years of age, I would much prefer a younger player to give us a few more years of service.
Don't think Jose sees it like that though, no doubt he's eying signings to enable us to mount a challenge for the title next year. Anyway its hard to look past the next 3/4 years at this stage with the constant turn over of players and managers so getting players in their prime playing some of the best football of their careers is essential for us at the moment.

el3mel

It all depends on the player's opinion as he appears to be very settled in Roma.

The one thing I'm sure about, it will be either him or James. James will make us play 4-2-3-1, while Nainggolan will make us play 4-3-3. You won't be able to force both in one formation, but in both conditions we'll need a proper DMF, though.

Z_Wolf

I don't think anybody putting him in a midfield two with pogba has ever seen him play. He is a box to box midfielder with more defensive ineptitude than Pogba.

Last edited:

wythyred

Brilliant player and would be a great fit for our midfield.

As others have said I don't see him leaving Italy and if he did move i think Chelsea is most likely.

Last edited:

Crashoutcassius

I don't think anybody putting him in a midfield two has ever seen him play. He is a box to box midfielder with more defensive ineptitude than Pogba.
He plays box to box like vidal plays box to box but saying he defends worse than pogba is fairly outrageous. He is all action like Kante but he wins lots of balls.

Has played very far forward for Roma this year though I'll give you that. Agree that him and pogba in a 2 would be a disaster

Raoul

Admin
Staff
There was a quote a couple of weeks ago (possibly from Di Marzio) where Nainggolan said he was staying in Roma.

Nedved

He is so obviously perfect for your midfield and is as good as he has ever been. You already have plenty of younger midfield and attacking players and in what world is 29 too old? It is a perfect age where players tend to have the perfect mix of experience and pace.

youngrell

Seen him for Belgium v Wales in the Euros qualifiers and was very impressed. Despite being at fault for Wales' goal, he was definitely the heartbeat of the Belgian team and kept them ticking the whole time with short, accurate and penetrative passing.

Also scored a screamer v Wales in the Euro quarters. Nice player and would fit into our midfield perfectly.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He is so obviously perfect for your midfield and is as good as he has ever been. You already have plenty of younger midfield and attacking players and in what world is 29 too old? It is a perfect age where players tend to have the perfect mix of experience and pace.
It's a bizarre mentality we have on here. He's in his absolute peak right now.

Tarrou

Granted I'm no expert on him but I'm surprised people are saying he'd be a perfect fit for us. Do you mean instead of Herrera then or can he sit behind Pogba and Herrera because to me that is what is required first and foremost.

el3mel

Granted I'm no expert on him but I'm surprised people are saying he'd be a perfect fit for us. Do you mean instead of Herrera then or can he sit behind Pogba and Herrera because to me that is what is required first and foremost.
Instead of Herrera.

Setting him back as a number 6 is a waste of his efforts and will be waste of money.

AgentP

Herrera will be the one who will sit back with Pogba and Nainggolan playing ahead of him. But Herrera won't actually be playing Carrick's role. His role will be similar to what he has been doing when he plays with Pogba and Fellaini. So, Nainggolan will replace Fellaini in our current formation.

AgentP

There was a quote a couple of weeks ago (possibly from Di Marzio) where Nainggolan said he was staying in Roma.
Yeah, somehow players don't seem to want to leave Roma. Be it Totti or De Rossi. Even Pjanic leaving was a bit surprising for me.

prath92

He was subjected to intense bidding by Chelsea and conte but didn't budge. I don't expect to now

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Brilliant player but I don't think he'll leave Italy. Might move to Juventus.
I don't think he will move to Juventus. He always had nice words to tell about Juventus

It's better to win one trophy with Roma than it is to win 10 with Juventus
"Do you know what my problem is?" he asked rhetorically in the video. "I'm against Juve, have been since I was born. I'm not joking. Before arriving at Cagliari, I hated them regardless of anything else. I'm telling you that I hate Juve. I would have given [anything] to beat Juve with Cagliari, because I hate Juve.
"I hate Juve because they always win with a penalty, because of a free kick," he ranted. "I came to Rome because I wanted to win, wanted at least to try and win, against Juve, who have always had a helping hand."

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
:eek: Didn't think he was that old. Was he a late bloomer or something? Think I first heard of him just 4-5 years ago.

Nick.

I heard he smokes regularly. Rooney's decline may have been influenced by not taking care of his body the way an athlete should and the same might happen to this guy.

Clas Sified

If he's publicly acknowledged that Conte's been talking to him, surely that's a sign he's off to Chelsea?

Ban

He's a better version of Ander. Midfield of him, Ander and Pogba would be a great one with Ander playing deep.
It would be a fantastic signing but doubt it will happen. He's not old but nevertheless doesn't have age on his side.