Radja Nainggolan

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
He's absolutely a Manchester United type of player. Amazing hit on the ball, great positioning, pragmatic passing, a real box to box midfielder, can keep his cool in any situation.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
If he can do similar amount of things Vidal is doing, it's a grand slam for United and could also unlock Pogba.

Pablitoooo

Supports
Roma
He plays box to box like vidal plays box to box but saying he defends worse than pogba is fairly outrageous. He is all action like Kante but he wins lots of balls.

Has played very far forward for Roma this year though I'll give you that. Agree that him and pogba in a 2 would be a disaster
I agree:
box to box like to vidal (but vidal at his best is stronger)
defending like kante

probably our most important player in this 3 years (I would like he remains with us)

His best is in a midfield of 3. In Man utd:
pogba nainggo
verratti (eh.. or why not a bid for Marchisio? smart player)

He is 29, so he can leave Roma, 40m€

yes, he smokes, drink, go to disco, etc but until now you would not say it, in the next years who knows..

Reynoldo

I agree:
box to box like to vidal (but vidal at his best is stronger)
defending like kante

probably our most important player in this 3 years (I would like he remains with us)

His best is in a midfield of 3. In Man utd:
pogba nainggo
verratti
(eh.. or why not a bid for Marchisio? smart player)

He is 29, so he can leave Roma, 40m€

yes, he smokes, drink, go to disco, etc but until now you would not say it, in the next years who knows..
Ah stop would ya your giving me a wettie

Johnnyredboots

Hmm would be a good signing but signing players from Roma is like trying players from spurs. like pulling teeth.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Would rather Naby Keita. Probably not as good at the minute, but much younger and would be much cheaper I would guess.
He'd be my favoured option too. Really don't like the sounds of paying a big fee for a 29 year old disco dancing smoking drunkard to do the legwork in our midfield.

Walters_19_MuFc

Midfield throwback. Proper box to box. Really like him and have suggested him a few times on the forum. Would love him at the club. If we could get him and a holding mid to replace Carrick, then we'd be looking very strong in the midfield department.

Pogba
Herrera
Nainggolan
Fellaini
Fabinho
Carrick

This would be a perfect set of midfielders if we were to play a midfield three next season, in my opinion.

Pogba/Fellaini Herrera/Nainggolan
Fabinho/Carrick

Nainggolan can also play as a holding midfielder, but like Herrera, he is so much better as a number 8, where he is able to get up and down the pitch.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Midfield throwback. Proper box to box. Really like him and have suggested him a few times on the forum. Would love him at the club. If we could get him and a holding mid to replace Carrick, then we'd be looking very strong in the midfield department.

Pogba
Herrera
Nainggolan
Fellaini
Fabinho
Carrick

This would be a perfect set of midfielders if we were to play a midfield three next season, in my opinion.

Pogba/Fellaini Herrera/Nainggolan
Fabinho/Carrick

Nainggolan can also play as a holding midfielder, but like Herrera, he is so much better as a number 8, where he is able to get up and down the pitch.
Replace Fellaini with Pereira and it would be perfect.

DarkXaero

Would be amazing for us in a 3 man midfield with Pogba. Doubtful that we can sign him though.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Very few midfielders out there who does what Fellaini does. He's very unique, and because of that, I'm hoping Jose keeps him.
I said in another thread that I think we should keep him this summer but that involves bringing in two midfielders and having him as the 5th.

Pogba, Nainggolan, Fabinho, Herrera and Fellaini. Fellaini gets to leave in January depending on how we are doing in the cups.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I said in another thread that I think we should keep him this summer but that involves bringing in two midfielders and having him as the 5th.

Pogba, Nainggolan, Fabinho, Herrera and Fellaini. Fellaini gets to leave in January depending on how we are doing in the cups.
I'd rather have Pogba, Herrera, Nainggolan, another CM(?), Pereira, Carrick as last choice.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Or you could just give Pereira game time

United Pro

Great player, but imo his best form was a few seasons ago and he plays more as a CAM now. If he's brought in to play as a box to box, he's still a very good player, but his level will drop very soon (if it hasn't already), given his age and play style.

William_Meredith

Supports
Swansea City
Good player, but not great and nothing like what United need in midfield. Would make little sense to spend big money on a player around his peak, when a long-term, high-tempo sitting midfielder is what the club need to partner Pogba long-term. A Keane to his Scholes.

The link to Thiago Maia in the press today is something I think would be far far better.

KN5

Would rather Naby Keita. Probably not as good at the minute, but much younger and would be much cheaper I would guess.
And he won't completely take herrera's starting spot unless he performs really well! Great backup option with the potential to get the starting spot based on performance, great mention that.

davidmichael

It's a bizarre mentality we have on here. He's in his absolute peak right now.
This is the problem, we never want players in their prime and always want young players with great potential so if we sell them we'll make money We constantly moan on here these days about not challenging for the title and going backwards but don't want any established players either.

Walters_19_MuFc

Unique at what exactly? He's mediocre at almost everything.
Well, you only have to watch him and see.

Target man when we attack, gets back and defends when not in possession.

He's just different. Teams really struggle to handle him, at times. So much so that he's had the respect of being man marked.

Definitely someone I'd like to have on the bench to bring on.

Replace Fellaini with Pereira and it would be perfect.
Be nice to see Pereira, but I would prefer to see him as a roaming winger i.e. Coutinho, Mata, Isco, etc, rather than a centre midfielder.

If we play with a three man midfield, even as 5th choice, Fellaini will still get more than enough minutes.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
May i add he is a beast in Fifa 17, which is absolutely relevant when choosing players to sing irl

Jaybomb

What a signing he would be for us.

Always had him down as the perfect midfield signing. Along with Vidal.

kthanksbye

Haven't watched a lot of Roma games this season, and even the ones I did manage to catch, didn't really pay any attention to Nianggolan.
So I did the typical transfer muppet thing and looked at a few heat maps of him, looks more like a player who plays #8. We would still need a player to play in front of our back 4.
Can't say if he'd be any better than Herrera but we could certainly do with a little depth in midfield. Anyone but Fellaini please.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He's class. Why don't we sign players with this profile a few seasons earlier and bed them in slowly though? It will be big money and he's hit his peak now. I would still like to see him here though. He looks very similar to Vidal who was my muppet breakdown point (sorry Paul)

I'd probably rather keita due to his age and potential but once again that will probably be silly money too.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Nainggolan and Fabinho, that would be perfect
It would, although it may make for a crowded midfield with Pogba, Herrera, and Carrick here. Also, we would almost certainly have to get rid of Fellaini and loan Perreira out yet again.

Macern

Pee pee pants
It would, although it may make for a crowded midfield with Pogba, Herrera, and Carrick here. Also, we would almost certainly have to get rid of Fellaini and loan Perreira out yet again.
Probably yeah. I've always liked Fellaini and he brings something unique to the squad, but he hasn't been at his best for a long time so I wouldn't really mind selling him. Loaning out Pereira again isn't ideal, but if it is because we're bringing in two top class midfielders then I wouldn't complain. Pogba, Nainggolan and Fabinho is close to the perfect midfield in my eyes.