Rafa Benitez | Sacked (Fachts)

gajender

Help his old Arsenal buddies.
His buddy Usmanov was never a majority shareholder in Arsenal and actually they sold their stake to Kroenke back in 2018 as well so how you came to conclusion that it was done to help his buddies at Arsenal is bit of a stretch .

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
His buddy Usmanov was never a majority shareholder in Arsenal and actually they sold their stake to Kroenke back in 2018 as well so how you came to conclusion that it was done to help his buddies at Arsenal is bit of a stretch .
Moshiri was involved in Arsenal from 07-16. It’s not that much of a stretch to consider he built up relationships and contacts within the club during that time and would dip in with a last minute purchase vetoing his DOF for unknown reasons.

romufc

Its quite weird to see how Everton have gone about this.

They want to build a new stadium, new investment but they keep going back to managers that don't really have new ideas.

Clubs these days seems to be going with high intensity managers, that are possession based.

Even the signings they make are quite weird, this season with Rondon and Townsend, not sure where they want to get to.

gajender

Moshiri was involved in Arsenal from 07-16. It’s not that much of a stretch to consider he built up relationships and contacts within the club during that time and would dip in with a last minute purchase vetoing his DOF for unknown reasons.
Moshiri was part of Usmanov group and Usmanov was quite vocal critic of Kroenke to be honest i just think it was just incompetence rather than anything more to it.

He’s been poor recently (aka for a season and a bit now) but him and Benitez had a bust up. The style of Benitez doesn’t get the best out of Digne either who could be an excellent player in a Potter style setup.
Thats a shame i like him, he was one of best FBs in the league last season.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Its quite weird to see how Everton have gone about this.

They want to build a new stadium, new investment but they keep going back to managers that don't really have new ideas.

Clubs these days seems to be going with high intensity managers, that are possession based.

Even the signings they make are quite weird, this season with Rondon and Townsend, not sure where they want to get to.
I agree. Ancelotti was already a weird appointment. Rondon? That was strange. Townsend, yeah you never know with him, I guess.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Going to Inter was a really bad career’s choice, everyone and his dog could see that no matter what he does, it would compare unfavorably with Mourinho, and that squad was really old.
He managed to alienate everyone instantly by telling a team that had just won the treble they hadn't accomplished anything, attempted to erase Mourinho from the training ground(taking pictures of the treble season off the walls, etc), and generally came across as incredibly petty, jelous/envious of Mourinho, and condescending at the same time. Inter's squad may have been old, and sated from the treble, but the guy went out of his way to turn them against him from the moment he set foot at Appiano

And then he did the same thing in Madrid :lol:

romufc

I agree. Ancelotti was already a weird appointment. Rondon? That was strange. Townsend, yeah you never know with him, I guess.
Exactly. To me it seems like Manutd but with less money. Weird decisions from the board.
It seems the owner wants control of everything.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Didn't Everton sign Walcott aswell for about 30m when he was basically in semi retirement?

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Never rated him, find it odd he still gets jobs across Europe, cup manager.
He was a top manager... maybe he has declined now. Maybe him not having won a league title for so long has irked him.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Didn't Everton sign Walcott aswell for about 30m when he was basically in semi retirement?
I was just reviewing the list and my gosh are there some shockers on it since Moshiri took over.

Iwobi £27m
Gbamin £22.5m
Kean £25m
Sigurdsson £44m
Klaasen £24m
Tosun £20m
Bolasie £26m
Schneiderlin £21m
Niasse £16m
Mina £27m
Walcott £30m

Struggling to pick out much good business in that time to be honest...

Demarai Gray £1.8m
Gueye £7m
Calvert Lewin £1.6m
Lookman £7m (turned a reasonable profit)
Deulofeu £5m
Holgate £1.2m
Richarlison £34m
Lukaku £32m

Then a cluster of reasonable signings that they paid market rate or above for, but are far from world beaters.

Godfrey £25m (will be a good player to be fair but wouldn't class it as a bargain fee)
Pickford £25m
Doucoure £20m
Allan £22m
Keane £25m
Andre Gomes £22.5m

Then add on the huge loan fees for the likes of Zouma and wages to people like James Rodrigues and Carlo Ancelotti and no wonder they're having problems with FFP and signing Rondon.

I support a club which notoriously doesn't spend much money and some of these deals blow my mind to be honest. It's almost like they paid the asking price first time and didn't even bother to negotiate. As others have said they desperately need to work out what their identity is and appoint a Director of Football aligned with it.

Last edited:

Santos J

I was just reviewing the list and my gosh are there some shockers on it since Moshiri took over.

Iwobi £27m
Gbamin £22.5m
Kean £25m
Sigurdsson £44m
Klaasen £24m
Tosun £20m
Bolasie £26m
Schneiderlin £21m
Niasse £16m
Mina £27m
Walcott £30m

Demarai Gray £1.8m
Gueye £7m
Calvert Lewin £1.6m
Deulofeu £5m
Holgate £1.2m
Richarlison £34m
Lukaku £32m

Then a cluster of reasonable signings that they paid market rate or above for, but are far from world beaters.

Godfrey £25m (will be a good player to be fair)
Pickford £25m
Doucoure £20m
Allan £22m
Keane £25m
Andre Gomes £22.5m

Then add on the huge loan fees for the likes of Zouma and wages to people like James Rodrigues and Carlo Ancelotti and no wonder they're having problems with FFP.

I support a club which notoriously doesn't spend much money and some of these deals blow my mind to be honest. It's almost like they pay the asking price first time and didn't even bother to negotiate. As others have said they desperately need to work out what their identity is and appoint a Director of Football aligned with it.
Jesus, I know hindsight and all that but some (or all) of those first lot are madness.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Jesus, I know hindsight and all that but some (or all) of those first lot are madness.
Yeah, nearly £300m spent on those as well! I know every club has misses in the transfer market but I am struggling to think of one that has had so many in comparison to what they've spent. Quite a few of the top lot barely kicked a ball.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
As others have said they desperately need to work out what their identity is and appoint a Director of Football aligned with it.
From what i understand the problem is the owner kept ignoring and countermanding the previous DoF. So what they need here is someone competent and with the club's interest at heart to gain Moshiri's ear/favour and steer him towards good decisions

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Iwobi £27m
Gbamin £22.5m
Kean £25m
Sigurdsson £44m
Klaasen £24m
Tosun £20m
Bolasie £26m
Schneiderlin £21m
Niasse £16m
Mina £27m
Walcott £30m

Demarai Gray £1.8m
Gueye £7m
Calvert Lewin £1.6m
Deulofeu £5m
Holgate £1.2m
Richarlison £34m
Lukaku £32m

Godfrey £25m (will be a good player to be fair but wouldn't class it as a bargain fee)
Pickford £25m
Doucoure £20m
Allan £22m
Keane £25m
Andre Gomes £22.5m

Then add on the huge loan fees for the likes of Zouma and wages to people like James Rodrigues and Carlo Ancelotti and no wonder they're having problems with FFP and signing Rondon.

I support a club which notoriously doesn't spend much money and some of these deals blow my mind to be honest. It's almost like they paid the asking price first time and didn't even bother to negotiate. As others have said they desperately need to work out what their identity is and appoint a Director of Football aligned with it.
We did hire Brands / a DOF and Moshiri decided to overrule him all the time. What we need is an owner that stops getting involved with stuff he’s not qualified to do.

CraftySoAndSo

Would it be accurate to suggest that Everton are one of the few teams on the planet that have messed up transfers and just general planning more than United over the last 5 years or so? I mean yes United have spent more obviously but in terms of quality for price paid Everton have been abysmal imo. Plus like United they've been flip flopping between "progressive" managers and "pragmatic" managers without a coherent strategy at all. And like with Woodward at United it seems to coincide with a new hierarchy at the club.

Pep's Suit

Won just 1 of last 12 PL games, could be 13 in 90 minutes. Everton really deserve to be relegated this season.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Sold one of their best players too, he's done an absolutely horrific job :lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Surely getting sacked after that. :lol:

Dean Smith loves managing v Everton.

Think only strategy now is to give job to Duncan Ferguson for rest of season as last time he got 2-3 wins from his short spell and that would keep them up and then look once again at what to do in the summer.