Rafa Benitez | Sacked (Fachts)

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Really doing his best to get a statue outside Anfield.
When do Everton go to Anfield this season, would get standing ovation walking to the dugout.

I doubt he'll make it that far if they don't go there until March/April.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I’ve never felt sad or scared about relegation in all my life supporting Everton, but now I really do. I feel like posting every five minutes about how sad I am about it. Christ.

Loon

:lol:
I’ve never felt sad or scared about relegation in all my life supporting Everton, but now I really do. I feel like posting every five minutes about how sad I am about it. Christ.
Did you think you were going that season Royle kept you up? My mate is a Chelsea fan and even he hates Benitez. Thinks he’s a charlatan

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Did you think you were going that season Royle kept you up? My mate is a Chelsea fan and even he hates Benitez. Thinks he’s a charlatan
I was born in 93 so I don’t remember much of the 90s, if anything. :D

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I am shocked at just how badly he has done there. He seems to have pissed off the players as well as selling one of their best ones.

He needs to go now because he isn’t going to get them back onside and they have way more quality than the likes of Watford and Newcastle.

Their chairman seems to like the big name, so who knows who they will target next.

I think Big Dunc until the end of the season and then keeping tabs on Rooney would be the way to go.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Benitez and Mourinho were two of the worlds best in the 00s. Now both are outdated footballing dinosaurs who are damaging the clubs they manage further and further with each game they’re there.

Rex Banner

How have the fans reacted to Digne going? Can't imagine it's gone down too well. Even more so if they end up sacking Benitez. Ended up alienating and selling one of their better players for nothing.

Hastar

Supports
Liverpool
How have the fans reacted to Digne going? Can't imagine it's gone down too well. Even more so if they end up sacking Benitez. Ended up alienating and selling one of their better players for nothing.
I have been following Everton's games, since Rafa went there, and Digne's performances were poor and he was being regularly criticised, along with some of the other senior players. He was particularly bad against Liverpool.

It's just that he was also one of the fan favourites, and Benitez's past meant that when the fall out happened, most of the Blues understandably sided with Digne.

Rafa probably has been given the task to make radical changes in the squad. Get most of the big earners out. But to do that he needed results.

They haven't been good throughout the season, and managed to get results in the beginning because of 10-15 minutes bursts in their games, when they would get few goals.

However, after the Watford game everything has gone downhill. It's down to the manner of that defeat, when players simply gave up. And they have continued with that attitude ever since, barring that one game against Arsenal, for which the Gunners were to be blamed. Injuries haven't helped.

Rafa's defensive tactics and questionable team selections at times haven't helped either. Like playing five at the back against Brighton.

Reactions: Cheimoon

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
What a disaster of an appointment, he had an okay-ish base of players and just transformed it to nothingness. He's going to get sacked and you'll wake up with Digne gone and Richarlison looking for a way out :nervous:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Crap manager being shown up as being a crap manager.

The ridiculous amount of over the top praise he got in the press and from Newcastle fans for the job he did their will never not be truly bizarre.

Cloud7

Remember when him and Jose were the bright young things?
Everyone declines eventually. Jose had his period where he was the best. Rafa had his period where he was one of the best. They both have impressive CV's and great trophies on their records. More just something to make you feel old than anything else :(

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Who knew appointing a Liverpool hero at Everton would be a bad move?
Let alone one well past his peak?

Would have been comedy if Gerrard could have put the final kick in next week though.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Would have been more of a Liverpool legend if he had gotten Everton relegated. They should hire Rúben Amorim if they stay up next season
Why in the feck would Amorim want to manage Everton when he's still learning in the CL with Sporting?

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Was fed up arguing with Liverpool fans who said Benitez would have been a much better appointment than Arteta for Arsenal. Wouldn't have touched him with a barge pole.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Why in the feck would Amorim want to manage Everton when he's still learning in the CL with Sporting?
His cv will improve a lot if he does well at a club like Everton. Plus, he will get more recognition and definitely higher salary. I know this might hurt some people feelings, but coaching at Everton is more lucrative than coaching at Sporting despite sporting being in the Champions league and Everton might never be in the champion league. It will be a good foundation for his young career.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
His cv will improve a lot if he does well at a club like Everton. Plus, he will get more recognition and definitely higher salary. I know this might hurt some people feelings, but coaching at Everton is more lucrative than coaching at Sporting despite sporting being in the Champions league and Everton might never be in the champion league. It will be a good foundation for his young career.
Doing well with Everton means getting 7th place, nobody cares about that, it won't get you a job at a top team. Winning trophies in Portugal might though.