Rafael's best moments

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Absolutely gutted this lad is going. One of my favourites.

What are some of your memories of the lad? Obviously there is *that* pose v Tevez, but over the years he's been brilliant in other moments.

I loved him dominating Gareth Bale.

The White Pele

I loved the left footed volley at the Emirates and then the reaction - waving the team back to halfway to restart. Loved his attitude for such a young lad at the time.

FromTheBench

Arsenal 08 was the best for me.

Came on for Neville who had loads of problem vs Nasri, kept him quiet, scored a cracker and then showed leadership for a young lad.

Was almost a changing of guard.

Kag

That time he out-jumped Carroll about three times in one game. Made him look like a right twat.

IhabX7

My favourite player for a while now. Absolutely gutted he's leaving. I wish our players would show half as much passion and drive as he did.

VanGaalEra

Louis Van Philosophy does not like creative players.
Are you going to keep calling him 'Louis Van Philosophy' in the hope someone laughs at it?

It's childish and this is the 3rd of your posts I've seen (since I came home) where you call him that and I've only been in 2 threads.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Although it was a horrible day, 3-0 down to Liverpool and he was still giving everthing he had. True shame we are losing a player of his attitude.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Always thought he was overrated on here a bit, but it's a fecking crime Valencia is here and him gone.

Someone

Something
Really love rafa, my favorite player during his time with the club, he worked his socks off and clearly loved it here, loved his attitude as well, he'll be missed.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
That goal vs QPR was the best hit, but that Liverpool goal was my favourite, just because... Liverpool.

bugmat

His goal vs Liverpool for me..then the one vs Arsenal.

So long Rafa - put in a few reducers on ADM for me while you're there!

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
One of my favourites!

Played with pride, energy and passion.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
Love him to bits but he was a fecking liability at times. Some great goals but stupid shit like getting sent off against Bayern stick in my mind too.
I wish him well I really do but he was only united quality half the time.

Good luck Rafael lad.

Judas

Open to offers
I have to say to see him leave the club before Valencia does sadden me quite a bit, just doesn't sit well with me, even though I think he's right to go, as he's clearly not in the managers plans, rightly or wrongly.

I remember the buzz of signing him and his brother, watching both their debuts. It's weird to think Fabio was the more rated of the two when they first arrived and in their early days.

I'll miss him and really hope it goes well for him in France, if he suddenly gets over his injury problems I'll be happy for him, and sad for us.

Reactions: Penna

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Love him to bits but he was a fecking liability at times. Some great goals but stupid shit like getting sent off against Bayern stick in my mind too.
I wish him well I really do but he was only united quality half the time.

Good luck Rafael lad.
Really?
That's more your issue, it was a very harsh red.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Really?
That's more your issue, it was a very harsh red.

I like Rafa and all, but come on... that's a textbook yellow card, nothing harsh about that dismissal at all.

I mean if you compare that with what Nani got sent off for and it really is night and day.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Its soft and if that was Lahm on Nani it wouldn't have been a red. But yeah, not for this thread.

prarek

That goal versus Arsenal. We were getting tooled and then he comes up with a blistering shot, doesn't care to celebrate, picks up the ball and runs to the center urging the team to get off their arse and start fighting. Got me pumped.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I accept that this had to happen given his injuries and playing style being unfavourable with LVG.

But I admired his exemplary passion and I'm genuinely sad that this is happening.

JackXX

Can't pick out a favourite moment but I love Rafael. His personality and attitude is something that is hard to find in football these days. He was the opposite of Di Maria basically and it makes me sad we have sold a player like that.