Raheem Sterling

Denis_unwise

:rolleyes: biggest game in history lol... the difference between 100 and 103 points is hardly the biggest game in a clubs history. 10/10 attempt at Wumming and another Unwise City obsessed post though.
You keep trying to sell this myth but nobody buys it so why continue. It had nothing to do with points. You had the chance to win the title against us on your own turf. It is highly likely this would be a once in a lifetime event for most City fans. The build up & huge (premature i might add) celebrations that were lined up all indicated that this was your clubs biggest day. You flopped big time & Sterling was a huge contributor in this.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

Ramos being a c**t as usual - on Sterling this time.
He is such a massive twat. There is countless examples of this and it gets laughed off as shithousery (that excuse only applies when it's Salah on the receiving end).

Dier is a cnut too but it is a shame he didn't half him with that tackle last night. He needs a taste of his own medicine.

Classical Mechanic

He is such a massive twat. There is countless examples of this and it gets laughed off as shithousery (that excuse only applies when it's Salah on the receiving end).

Dier is a cnut too but it is a shame he didn't half him with that tackle last night. He needs a taste of his own medicine.
There was a moment when he went to put one of Kane when a high ball was coming in, I'm guessing after Kane's part in the first two goals he wanted to put a reducer on him. Kane saw him coming though and backed into him a bit and Ramos ended getting more hurt than Kane.

Thing is Ramos enjoyed that and squirted some water from his drink on Kane after to say fair play.

padr81

Supports
Man City
You keep trying to sell this myth but nobody buys it so why continue. It had nothing to do with points. You had the chance to win the title against us on your own turf. It is highly likely this would be a once in a lifetime event for most City fans. The build up & huge (premature i might add) celebrations that were lined up all indicated that this was your clubs biggest day. You flopped big time & Sterling was a huge contributor in this.
It changed nothing, would it have been nice to win the title vs United of course but it was far from the biggest game in our history and you are talking complete shite again buddy. What did it change that makes it so significant?

Did it stop us winning the title? No, it delayed it by a few days.
Did it end our unbeaten record? No, Liverpool did that at Anfield.
Did it stop us getting 100 points? Nope, we got 100 points.
Did it see a sudden resurgence and us even struggle to get over the line? Nope.
Did it effect our trophy haul? Nope, Liverpool and Wigan saw to that.

Last season alone the losses at Anfield were both bigger games for City than the derby. The 4-3 in the league ended invincible talk and the 3-0 hammering the CL, showed that we are far from perfect. The derby offered nothing we didn't know and changed nothing. Losing to Wigan in the FA Cup was a bigger game because it denied us a trophy (or a shot at one). The CL semi final vs Real was another much, much bigger game in Pellers final season, the league cup final despite it being a trophy that counts for feck all was a bigger game. It's not even in our 5 biggest games in the last 2 seasons, never mind our history.

It's ok though, I remember when we were the weakest team in Manchester and we used to cling to occasional victories over the team dominating us and make them out to be more than they were. I think I was about 10 at the time but meh... and I grew out of it pretty young. What you are doing is the same stupidity that City fans who thought winning the anniversary of the Munich game meant a lot, making a mountain out of a mole hill.

As I said would it be nice to win the title vs United? Of course, does it matter in the grand scheme of things? Not one iota. I'm sure Pep went into the dressing room and cried tears about how we blew the season and United were going to storm back to glorious victory.

But yes Sterling did indeed have a shocker, in fact the game last night is the first time he's scored past De Gea if I'm not mistaken but thats Raheem in a nutshell.

JK-27

I can't believe people on here are given Raheem so much shit and saying he's not as good as he thinks he is, yet at the same time these same people will tell you Martial is world class :lol::lol:

City player or not, he's doing his shift week in week out for club and country, which is alot more than can be said for many in our squad.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I can't believe people on here are given Raheem so much shit and saying he's not as good as he thinks he is, yet at the same time these same people will tell you Martial is world class :lol::lol:

City player or not, he's doing his shift week in week out for club and country, which is alot more than can be said for many in our squad.
While I'm one of his defenders, he's been ok for England at best until last night (not as bad as many make out but not good either), 3 years without a goal is pretty poor though. Great player though.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool

He’s a united hero :D

Denis_unwise

It changed nothing, would it have been nice to win the title vs United of course but it was far from the biggest game in our history and you are talking complete shite again buddy. What did it change that makes it so significant?
I'm not sure what you don't get. A once in a lifetime opportunity would be seen by most as hugely significant. The fact that you have been & continue to be in our shadow for the majority of your existence only made it more significant. You won the league with 100 pts & 100 goals but failed to seal the title against your hated neighbours on your home ground. These points in history are inextricably linked.

To say that a League Cup final was more important to you than last years Derby is highly disingenuous on your part. I'd totally forgot that you won the League Cup last season until i looked it up. That's how insignificant it is.

This is derailing the thread anyway. I merely pointed out that Sterling isn't great in pressure situations. You have gone off on a tangent congratulating yourself on winning the league & listing what you perceive to be the biggest games in City's history.

Bearded One

No white text?
My post was tongue-in-cheek, boy is brilliant. The criticism he gets is baffling. I bumped the thread when I realized that no one acknowledged his brilliance after such a long spell of no-show. Had England lost, we'd be baying for blood and scapegoating him.

He does some awkard brain farts from time to time but he is a top 5 wide attacker in the league. The tap-ins he scores don't just happen by chance. There's something he is doing right and above all his manager wholeheartedly believes in him.

I'm not sure what you don't get. A once in a lifetime opportunity would be seen by most as hugely significant. The fact that you have been & continue to be in our shadow for the majority of your existence only made it more significant. You won the league with 100 pts & 100 goals but failed to seal the title against your hated neighbours on your home ground. These points in history are inextricably linked.

To say that a League Cup final was more important to you than last years Derby is highly disingenuous on your part. I'd totally forgot that you won the League Cup last season until i looked it up. That's how insignificant it is.

This is derailing the thread anyway. I merely pointed out that Sterling isn't great in pressure situations. You have gone off on a tangent congratulating yourself on winning the league & listing what you perceive to be the biggest games in City's history.
If I recall they rested few players at the start of the game but brought them on when Pogba and Alexis decided to put them where they belong. They brought in some star players when the game started to ebb away from them showing that the next game was a bigger priority. That game is defo not their most important in their history

devil in me

Class player , and always comes across well in his interviews IMO. I find it hard to dislike him , and considering he's ex Liverpool and playing for City , that's a good effort.

Walters_19_MuFc

First goal was fantastic. Touch and bang. Second goal was his typical City goal, but still had to make sure he was in the right place.

Really glad for him.

padr81

Supports
Man City

Even United fans and Chelsea fans are pointing out how dumb your view is. The game at OT where we beat ye was more important as you were within 20 points of us at that stage, I'd dare say it was the game that shaped both teams league campaigns. Keep clutching at straws.

Last edited:

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
2 assists and 2 goals today.
Puts him at 6 goals 5 assists for the season. Only Hazard/Aguero/Aubameyang have scored more (7 each), with them having 4/4/1 assists respectively. He also has the highest percentage of shots on target of anyone who's scored 6 or 7 goals.

Walters_19_MuFc

Puts him at 6 goals 5 assists for the season. Only Hazard/Aguero/Aubameyang have scored more (7 each), with them having 4/4/1 assists respectively. He also has the highest percentage of shots on target of anyone who's scored 6 or 7 goals.
Not bad at all.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Fantastic today, I think he's one of the first names on guaridolas team sheet each week, gives our attacking play so many options

Red00012

The Daily Star and their fantastic other window cleaner sidekicks must be disgusted Sterling signed so early in the season ,I can imagine the off the radar reasons they would have used why he hasn’t signed yet.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Of course he decides to do this after I drop him from my FF team. Him and bloody Richarlison in the same week :mad:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He's become such a good player for City. Highly productive too.

deafepl

He could rival Neymar and Mbappe for Ballon d'Or if he keeps up his form as soon as Messi-Ronaldo era end.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Only 23 too, he’s becoming a really consistent performer in this side. Great to see him full of confidence.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
As a friend of mine said after we won the title, "City lost to United at The Etihad to delay winning the title so that 70,000 United fans could watch City win it at Old Trafford instead. The ultimate rope-a-dope."

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Biggest game in our history and we start with Walker, Aguero, Laporte, De Bruyne, and Jesus all on the bench. We actually didn’t start with a striker, dropped our player of the season by a mile, and rested Walker for Danilo, all for the Champions League game 3 days later. Perspective is everything, an opportunity missed absolutely, but the title was already wrapped up and the manager knew it. You were just another game.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I mean if he continues this form & City win something in Europe then I don't know why he wouldn't be in contention at the very least. I don't think he'll reach Neymar's level, but the Balon Dor is about winning trophies moreso than anything else, and if he helps City to a CL, then yeah, why not :D

Bojan11

Shit sportsmanship by him. He could have said to the ref it wasn’t a penalty.