Raheem Sterling

royce987

Regardless of any racist comment, why would grown people behave like this?
I have enormous respect for footballers.
What other profession is regularly taking abuse while working accepted?
So they get a clip of some random fans yelling at an opposition player. Then decide they were being racist without evidence.

Chelsea fans being racist?

No, I refuse to believe that!
I have seen more homophobia on this forum, than I have ever seen actual racism from Chelsea fans.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
It's not clear whether the guy says the word "black" or "manc". Regardless, 5 grown men shouting at a footballer like that is very unsavoury.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I have seen more homophobia on this forum, than I have ever seen actual racism from Chelsea fans.
Have you?

Thats against the rules you know, there's a report function, why not share these homophic posts and we can all report them..

Also, that makes a Chelsea fan screaming "you fecking black cnut" at a player totally OK.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ll-fans-convicted-of-racist-violence-in-paris

"We're racists, we're racists, we're racists, and we like it, we like it, we like it..."

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Have you?

Thats against the rules you know, there's a report function, why not share these homophic posts and we can all report them..

Also, that makes a Chelsea fan screaming "you fecking black cnut" at a player totally OK.
Youre assuming guilt based on what ? Sterling doesnt react to it neither does the fan to the left who is also black. Youre making a lot of assumptions, its innocent until proven guilty last time i checked. If he is guilty then fair enough throw the book at him but at least make sure he is before you brand him.

Eyepopper

Youre assuming guilt based on what ? Sterling doesnt react to it neither does the fan to the left who is also black. Youre making a lot of assumptions, its innocent until proven guilty last time i checked. If he is guilty then fair enough throw the book at him but at least make sure he is before you brand him.
The point I was responding to was that there is alledgly more homophonbia on here than the poster has witnessed Chelsea fans being racist, despite the link I posted which shows Chelsea fans being convicted of racist abuse.

And, even if there was more homophobia on the caf than the racist abuse Chelsea fans have been convicted of, does that make Chelsea fans being racist OK?

The poster I responded to didn't dispute what that fan said.

Needham

He's a good player but he's really got to work on not being the subject of vile abuse.

worldinmotion66

Regardless of any racist comment, why would grown people behave like this?
I have enormous respect for footballers.
What other profession is regularly taking abuse while working accepted?
Another cockerknee thinking he's brick-facking-top :rolleyes:

royce987

Have you?

"We're racists, we're racists, we're racists, and we like it, we like it, we like it..."
Oppo fans regularly direct homophobic slurs like rent boys or renties at Chelsea players and fans.

You have no idea what the fan is saying to sterling, if it was racist the fan should be banned. There is no way to tell what the fan is saying.

You cite a group of racist Chelsea fans to label all Chelsea fans as racist, yet in 2017 when at least hundreds of Spurs fans where chanting "Chelsea rent boys we're coming for you", No one cared.

The double standard angers me, when anyone can direct homophobic slurs at Chelsea, and no one cares, but a video comes out, where we don't know what is being said. The media and oppo fans, just decide there is racist language.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I never ever understand why fans abuse (whether it be racial or otherwise) opposition players, you see it in every stadium and no group of fans can distance themselves from it. The other guys in the video are no better constantly swearing as well. Absolute abhorrent attitude towards the game.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I never ever understand why fans abuse (whether it be racial or otherwise) opposition players, you see it in every stadium and no group of fans can distance themselves from it. The other guys in the video are no better constantly swearing as well. Absolute abhorrent attitude towards the game.
I don't know why it isn't clamped down on.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I don't know why it isn't clamped down on.
How can you? You would have to ban a while stadium given how wide spread it is. Every time an opposition does near the touch line, for a throw in or corner even, he gets a huge amount of abuse.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Oppo fans regularly direct homophobic slurs like rent boys or renties at Chelsea players and fans.

You have no idea what the fan is saying to sterling, if it was racist the fan should be banned. There is no way to tell what the fan is saying.

You cite a group of racist Chelsea fans to label all Chelsea fans as racist, yet in 2017 when at least hundreds of Spurs fans where chanting "Chelsea rent boys we're coming for you", No one cared.

The double standard angers me, when anyone can direct homophobic slurs at Chelsea, and no one cares, but a video comes out, where we don't know what is being said. The media and oppo fans, just decide there is racist language.
Wheather it was racist or not the amount of anger and hatred those 3-4 fans had towards Sterling isn’t right. They were like a pack of dogs, disgusting behaviour. I agree Chelsea aren’t alone and I have seen and heard things at many games, in many stadium, it’s the tribal side of football that doesn’t seem to every wanna go away.

CallyRed

The amount of abuse Sterling got then is the reason I have no problem with players sticking their fingers to the lips to the oppo fans when they score a goal.
Fans will always abuse players, whether they are "incited" or not.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Why get so angry at a man kicking a ball?
It's disgusting behaviour.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I don't think you have to be a professional lip reader to make out what abuse the guy is hurling, come on............ It's a stadium filled with 40 odd thousand people, quite possible Sterling or guy a few spaces away didn't hear him. Makes no difference, it was plain to see what he said.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Anyone who tars the majority on the actions of a minority aren't that much better than the cnuts in question themselves as far as I'm concerned!

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Wheather it was racist or not the amount of anger and hatred those 3-4 fans had towards Sterling isn’t right. They were like a pack of dogs, disgusting behaviour. I agree Chelsea aren’t alone and I have seen and heard things at many games, in many stadium, it’s the tribal side of football that doesn’t seem to every wanna go away.
Get a grip, will you? It's a football match, not a ballet recital. What do you expect the fans to do, sit quietly and exchange pleasantries? It's a highly charged atmosphere, thousands of fans scream their lungs out for 90 minutes, wishing their team to win and booing any decision that goes against their side or verbally abusing each and every oppostion player they dislike for one reason or another. It happens every matchday wherever a game of football is played, not just in England, and not just at Stamford Bridge. Some of you here sound like you've never set foot in a stadium before.As long as the fans don't cross any lines, like racist remarks etc., there's nothing criminal in that, it's all part of what football is, and always was about.

Last edited:

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

I mean there's a clip of what he's saying, so have a pretty good idea like..

Ish

Lights on for Luke

I ask this because I genuinely don’t know - is the term rent boys really homophobic?

I’m not from the UK and honestly just thought it was a term used to describe Chelsea players as mercenaries during the start of the Abramovich era

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I don't think you have to be a professional lip reader to make out what abuse the guy is hurling, come on............ It's a stadium filled with 40 odd thousand people, quite possible Sterling or guy a few spaces away didn't hear him. Makes no difference, it was plain to see what he said.
Don’t be silly they were clearly congratulating Stirling on turning his life round and a good World Cup run. We’re hearing all the same BS we heard with the train incident.

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
Did Raheem Sterling report this himself or was it a lip reading expert sat at home watching the tv.

royce987

I ask this because I genuinely don’t know - is the term rent boys really homophobic?

I’m not from the UK and honestly just thought it was a term used to describe Chelsea players as mercenaries during the start of the Abramovich era

The Chelsea rent boys chant long predates Roman buying the club.
Jorge Rodrigues, the chair of Everton’s LGBT supporters group “the Rainbow Toffees”, said: “The Chelsea rent boys chant is homophobic. This kind of banter is a problem and needs to be eradicated.”

However, he continued to say that Everton is very welcoming of LGBT fans and the chant comes from extreme elements of the clubs fanbase.

He compared the “rent boy” chants to the “Liverpool slums” song Everton and Liverpool supporters have been subjected to for years.

A spokesperson for the Gay Football Supporters Federation advised supporters to report the chant if they hear it.
https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/07/...ed-of-being-homophobic-amid-world-cup-furore/

Eyepopper

A rent boy is a gay prostitute, so calling Chelsea rent boys is exactly the same as screaming "you fecking black cnut" at someone, and totally makes it fair game, or something.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Get a grip, will you? It's a football match, not a ballet recital. What do you expect the fans to do, sit quietly and exchange pleasantries? It's a highly charged atmosphere, thousands of fans scream their lungs out for 90 minutes, wishing their team to win and booing any decision that goes against their side or verbally abusing each and every oppostion player they dislike for one reason or another. It happens every matchday wherever a game of football is played, not just in England, and not just at Stamford Bridge. Some of you here sound like you've never set foot in a stadium before.As long as the fans don't cross any lines, like racist remarks etc., there's nothing criminal in that, it's all part of what football is, and always was about.
I didn’t say it was criminal without knowing what was said, mate they look like absolute wankers :lol: and should feel a little silly for it. My good Stirling didn’t even score FFS, I think you need to get a grip. Don’t use the *highly charged atmosphere BS*, it’s just wankers being wankers.

Last edited:

Mick321

So they get a clip of some random fans yelling at an opposition player. Then decide they were being racist without evidence.

Well Sterling himself has pretty much confirmed it was racist this morning.

Sylar

Yeah, was gonna say, given Sterlings post on instagram, it certainly puts across that it was racism he endured. And hes not surprised given the coverage (which he is absolutely right about).

Hes crucified when he spends, hes crucified when he spends for his family, hes crucified for saving money (or 'being a cheapo'), hes crucified for having breakfast. Its shocking but sadly not surprising.

Its a great post by him.

Cloud7

Good on Sterling for speaking out. The way the media treats him is disgraceful, and they don’t even make an attempt to disguise that its racism.

On the point of the Chelsea fans, absolutely embarrassing. It’s one thing to boo an opposition player, but how can you, as an adult, shout abuse at someone standing in front of you that you don’t even know, far more for racist abuse, and think that that’s acceptable behavior.

Of course, these are the same people who cry “T-think of the children” if a footballer swears or something. Bitter, childish idiots.

Cloud7

If you look at the comments on his Instagram post, loads of other black footballers are commenting in support of him. Clearly they have noticed as well.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
If you look at the comments on his Instagram post, loads of other black footballers are commenting in support of him. Clearly they have noticed as well.
Well, the example he gives in the post isn't so random as it actually happened when Tosin Adarabioyo and Phil Foden bought new houses respectively. So, albeit sadly, it's plain obvious to notice it.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Don't see how or why they could be saying "Manc" cnut too, what with his QPR upbringings. Think it was fairly obvious to begin with, what they were saying.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Sterling speaking of the disparity on how the Daily Mail reported both Phil Foden and Tosin Adarabioyo buying £2m houses for their parents.

That said, it’s the Daily Mail so hardly news tbh.