Ralf Rangnick | 2021/22 Interim Manager Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hester_manc

I do not know anything about him. But I'm skeptical of him. If he is so good, then why has he not been the manager of major clubs? He's not exactly a young and new manager.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
As far as I am aware this isn't done yet, although it looks likely to be done by next week.

Hopefully he whips them all into shape!

Varun

Staff
Most excited I've been about a managerial appointment in my lifetime given I was born when Sir Alex was already manager.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He, could, conceivably, be given the job on the permanent basis, if he exceeds our expectations — I’d not be against that, at all.

BaneIsPain

Excellent stuff. We might see more 4-3 wins or losses and the squad will get fitter by next season.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
I do not know anything about him. But I'm skeptical of him. If he is so good, then why has he not been the manager of major clubs? He's not exactly a young and new manager.
This is not really about his ability but rather to have him at the club. He was always seen as one of the key people at the Red Bull circus. We will also change to an agressive pressing style and the next manager will without a doubt follow that route, so I totally expect us to hire someone like Ten Hag.
According to Romano Rangnick only accepted the job if we can guarantee him the power to make big club decisions in the next 2 years.

We seem to be heading into the right direction and that's much more important than if Rangnick as a manager will be amazing or not in the next 6 months. That said he isn't that bad as a manager either, will be interesting how he does with our squad.

Also important to note that clubs like Milan wanted him, but couldn't come to an agreement because he wanted too much control. Which is something I heard a few times about Rangnick, but would be great for us because the guys in control proved they shouldn't really make football decisions.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Kudos to the board for making a pragmatic and promising appointment.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This is not really about his ability but rather to have him at the club. He was always seen as one of the key people at the Red Bull circus. We will also change to an agressive pressing style and the next manager will without a doubt follow that route, so I totally expect us to hire someone like Ten Hag.
According to Romano Rangnick only accepted the job if we can guarantee him the power to make big club decisions in the next 2 years.

We seem to be heading into the right direction and that's much more important than if Rangnick as a manager will be amazing or not in the next 6 months. That said he isn't that bad as a manager either, will be interesting how he does with our squad.

Also important to note that clubs like Milan wanted him, but couldn't come to an agreement because he wanted too much control. Which is something I heard a few times about Rangnick, but would be great for us because the guys in control proved they shouldn't really make football decisions.
Yeah the control part is the big thing. A lot of clubs don't want to relinquish control. Uniteds problem tends to be that we give too much of it to managers. So it suits Rangnick IMO.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I was wondering the same thing :nervous:

Tacitus56AD

Supports
Bayern Munich
Wrote several posts about him being a good fit but did not think it would happen.
Someone important must have read them so i`ll pad myself on the back here. :D

Swiss_Red89

WTF...you go in a Training call and when you come out the first you see on redcafe is a Ralf Rangnick Performance Thread.:confused::lol:

Sensational news, I'm delighted. He is known as an absolut experte. Love it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Emotions got the best of me.
I think we can at least be happy that the club is trying to find actual solutions rather than papering over the cracks. Someone like this starting laying foundations for a modern football style a top manager can then take over would be good.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
What the feck happens with Ronaldo now? Don't get me wrong it's an exciting appointment that signals a genuine, positive change of direction for the club at last, but Ronnie is going to be a problem for Rangnick.
He's told to press? If he cant do it for 90 minutes he'll play 60 minutes or be used as a supersub.
Ronnie was working hard against Villareal and he looks very fit in general, he can clearly do it.
Let's stop pretending our forwards are incapable of moving because Ole was fine it.

SB16

There's a tidbit here about Firmino / Salah /Mané and the idea of "coaching players" into a mentality of forward pressing which might be interesting to those who are worried about how our existing players will cope with his counter-pressing style.

Paxi

Can see AWB being one of the first guys to bite the dust. Playing high-octane, progressive football is completely at odds with his skill set.

KingCavani

Will both be gone and rightly so. The least you can do on top tier wages is play aggressively, like losing actually means something to you.
I'm going streaking when they're sold.

Only players at United I've ever really hated. Genuinely feel they'd be addition by subtraction.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I think this is a good and sensible appointment but I think people will be disappointed if they expect gegenpressing to be embedded in these players in just half a season. Let us hope Ralf has some hybrid style in mind to implement.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can see AWB being one of the first guys to bite the dust. Playing high-octane, progressive football is completely at odds with his skill set.
I think he'll do well tbh. Wan Bissaka needs a coach. He is quite a good presser and I think Rangnick will like that, but he needs a lot of work off the ball/away from action with his positioning. A good coach can make something of him

Kaos

No idea about him. What is his coaching style? Would he care much about McFred?
I actually think he'd like Fred given his work rate, he's always struck me as a player that just needs the right coaching and system to get a tune out of him. McTominay on the other hand I feel will have a tougher time, especially given his tendency to hide during games.

Paxi

I think he'll do well tbh. Wan Bissaka needs a coach. He is quite a good presser and I think Rangnick will like that, but he needs a lot of work off the ball/away from action with his positioning. A good coach can make something of him
He said he wasn’t sure about Luke Shaw so I dread to see what he makes of AWB but we shall see in January.

united for life

I actually think he'd like Fred given his work rate, he's always struck me as a player that just needs the right coaching and system to get a tune out of him. McTominay on the other hand I feel will have a tougher time, especially given his tendency to hide during games.
Just read about him a bit. Pressing style. Interesting. He said he doesnt like square or back passes. Also interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.