Ralf Rangnick | 2021/22 Interim Manager Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red00012

Heard part of his post match interview. He said he spoke to Ole. Fred is a wonderful boy. He was happy with Mctominay. With fred and mctominay we can play aggressive football.

we might as well have kept Ole:lol:
You might want to watch the 1st half

Swedish_Plumber

Our players are at their peak when expectations are lowest since Fergie. We have a real good run of fixtures ahead so it’s a great opportunity to build momentum.

First half today was encouraging and hopefully the manager can slowly (hopefully quickly) get his style across.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Don't know if it's been mentioned but classy move that he knelt along with the players pre match for the anti-racism thing.

Real Name

Heard part of his post match interview. He said he spoke to Ole. Fred is a wonderful boy. He was happy with Mctominay. With fred and mctominay we can play aggressive football.

we might as well have kept Ole:lol:
What are you on about?
If he has a right system and an idea and he thinks both can do it he'll do it. We have a new manager who'll know how to use them and if he sees one of both of them arent cutting it he'll replace them.
This kind of posts are strange as hell. Problem with Ole wasnt McFred was playing but he that he didn't know how to use them. And Fred was great yesterday. Wasnt the first time either.

united for life

What are you on about?
If he has a right system and an idea and he thinks both can do it he'll do it. We have a new manager who'll know how to use them and if he sees one of both of them arent cutting it he'll replace them.
This kind of posts are strange as hell. Problem with Ole wasnt McFred was playing but he that he didn't know how to use them. And Fred was great yesterday. Wasnt the first time either.
People around here are so stressed and have lost their sense of humor.

united for life

I like how he said in total he couldn’t say he’s happy but it was ok. Of course he shouldnt be happy.

He also spoke about how we didn’t press high enough and how we were sloppy by clearing the ball to their first pressing line.

lots of take aways from this match and lots to work on

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Apparantly the players did not follow his instructions in playing higher up the pitch and also ignored his instruction to not piss about near our box with short sideways and back passes which ultimately led to them scoring.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
One win, one draw, will need to win against Norwich to prove he's a better manager than Carrick

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Apparantly the players did not follow his instructions in playing higher up the pitch and also ignored his instruction to not piss about near our box with short sideways and back passes which ultimately led to them scoring.
You could see it. The aggressive high line we played against Palace was not on display tonight. The team did not control the areas of the pitch in which the match took place. We allowed Young Boys to advance into our half and lost control of the game. It was the opposite of what Rangnick says he wants to achieve.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
You could see it. The aggressive high line we played against Palace was not on display tonight. The team did not control the areas of the pitch in which the match took place. We allowed Young Boys to advance into our half and lost control of the game. It was the opposite of what Rangnick says he wants to achieve.

edcunited1878

To be fair and critical of Ralf, he had Mata as a 6, Matic playing as a CB, and who knows what Lingard was playing. The formation apparently was to be a 4141, but saw Mata side by side VDB as the two central midfielders most of the time.

So why adjust formation will lesser players on the whole, then expect to press equally effectively as playing a 4222 like against Palace?

Wrecking ralf

Is there any instance of Ralf using one of the front 2 as anything but a striker? Greenwood won't start on Saturday and rashford is off the boil, could Bruno be played up top but not played as a striker.

Bruno Ronny

Donny sancho

Fred Mctominay

Or does this just go against how he sets up a team? Donny certainly plays better further forward. A bit of fluidity with Bruno Donny and Sancho could work very well for us i think. Maybe even if sancho plays up top with Ronny.

To be fair and critical of Ralf, he had Mata as a 6, Matic playing as a CB, and who knows what Lingard was playing. The formation apparently was to be a 4141, but saw Mata side by side VDB as the two central midfielders most of the time.

So why adjust formation will lesser players on the whole, then expect to press equally effectively as playing a 4222 like against Palace?
He didn't adjust the formation in the way you are describing.

The reason why Mata and Van de Beek played in central midfield is because, according to Rangnick, the two #10 positions are the hardest in his system. The players in them have to constantly work and adjust positions, in and out of possession. My assumption is he thought Amad and Lingard would have the legs that Donny and Mata don't. This should worry both of them, Mata particularly, as it highlights Rangnick sees a gap in them.

I assume Ranginck wanted Matic at centre back for his passing, since his tactics depend on playing forward direct e.g., Maguire's 16 progressive passes against Palace. Matic didn't do that well though.

What Ralf has done is send a message that, for his system, there's not much behind McFred. That'll need transfers to address.

It was the same system, same tactics, just different players and therefore a different outcome. They didn't press half as well and I am not surprised Rangnick mentioned that after the game.

For some of those given a chance it was rope to hang themselves. The kids will get other opportunities in the future though.

edcunited1878

The reason why Mata and Van de Beek played in central midfield is because, according to Rangnick, the two #10 positions are the hardest in his system. The players in them have to constantly work and adjust positions, in and out of possession. My assumption is he thought Amad and Lingard would have the legs that Donny and Mata don't. This should worry both of them, Mata particularly, as it highlights Rangnick sees a gap in them.

I assume Ranginck wanted Matic at centre back for his passing, since his tactics depend on playing forward direct e.g., Maguire's 16 progressive passes against Palace. Matic didn't do that well though.

What Ralf has done is send a message that, for his system, there's not much behind McFred. That'll need transfers to address.

It was the same system, same tactics, just different players and therefore a different outcome. They didn't press half as well and I am not surprised Rangnick mentioned that after the game.

For some of those given a chance it was rope to hang themselves. The kids will get other opportunities in the future though.
It was a 4141. The United app confirmed it and so did Ralf after the game stating "I was fully aware with this formation and line-up, the players haven’t played together like this."

Mata and VDB are complete opposite of the 6s of Fred and McTominay versus Palace.

If you can't control the midfield whether through pressing, passing, or possession, you're not going to control the game...United didn't control the game.

Tony247

Rangnick may criticise the team as a whole but I doubt he will start criticising players by taking name when he is just joined them. That would be bad management. He might also encourage players initially to avoid sudden panic in the dressing room. So, any praise he is lavishing right now I would take with pinch of salt. His long term plan could be completely different.

hungrywing

One suspects Mejbri would be a revelation in one of those spots...

united for life

finally a manager who enforces “the club is bigger than any player” mentality.

“I wouldn’t say he’s not worth keeping,” the interim manager said. “But players have to want to play for a big club like Manchester United. If a player does not want to play Manchester United in the medium or long term, I don’t think it makes sense to convince him to change his mind”.

That’s simple. A player would want to stay, if not, move on.

This is a positive even if the performance was much more passive than we were hoping/expecting it to be. From some of Ralf's postgame comments it sounds like he also thought we'd be more up for it. So maybe we'll get more out of him about what happened today in his postmatch presser.

Lam

Anderson scored 2 and Gibson scored 1 in the same game against his team in 2011. Kind of puts into context how good SAF was if Ralf is considered as a master tactician.

L1nk

Anderson scored 2 and Gibson scored 1 in the same game against his team in 2011. Kind of puts into context how good SAF was if Ralf is considered as a master tactician.
It wasn't a great team, infact i think that was the first time they had ever got to the CL semi's and they did so in great fashion beating Inter 7-3, but they did well and beyond expectation to get where they did, we were the much better squad

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
It wasn't a great team, infact i think that was the first time they had ever got to the CL semi's and they did so in great fashion beating Inter 7-3, but they did well and beyond expectation to get where they did, we were the much better squad
It was a team that performed horribly in the league, they fired Magath in march, Rangnick took over and immediately beat Inter and won the DFB Cup. Despite this they finished 14th in the league that season!

It's as if today Hertha Berlin would magically be in the CL and thrash Chelsea (title holders like Inter were that season).

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Hopefully when our cases clear up he can use the extra time to get the team playing better.

Matt007a

If training goes ahead, these postponements could be great news for Rangnick. It seemed his biggest concern was that he wouldn’t get time to train the players with his new methods due to the high volume of games.

I’d imagine 3-4 weeks of training with no games would be perfect for him. A mini pre-season.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If training goes ahead, these postponements could be great news for Rangnick. It seemed his biggest concern was that he wouldn’t get time to train the players with his new methods due to the high volume of games.

I’d imagine 3-4 weeks of training with no games would be perfect for him. A mini pre-season.
Is he able to continue training though? Carrington opened up but he has some key players out. I guess training with squad members is better than nothing.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
finally a manager who enforces “the club is bigger than any player” mentality.

“I wouldn’t say he’s not worth keeping,” the interim manager said. “But players have to want to play for a big club like Manchester United. If a player does not want to play Manchester United in the medium or long term, I don’t think it makes sense to convince him to change his mind”.

That’s simple. A player would want to stay, if not, move on.
Egg-fecking-xactly.

Ralf gets it.

Status
Not open for further replies.