Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I never get the thing with Dubai as well. Surgery? Dubai. Recovery? Dubai. Need a holiday? Dubai. Just go to Swansea beach for holiday ffs.

Jackal981

But then why has he never managed in the top clubs like RM, Bayern etc?
For what is worth Chelsea chased him when they sacked Lampard. He rejected their offer because he want more control rather than just being a head coach and they got his apprentice in Tuchel instead

WPMUFC

Hold your horses boys both mou and lou were pretty tough when it came to player power and that sort of stuff but we all know how that ended
Ralf: This is what i'm doing....MUFC is one of the summits of world football for any player, if you don't want to be here, i'm not going to convince you.
Mou: You embarrassed me, i'm not playing you, you're a virus.
LVG: Hair pulling is sex masochism :devil:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
For what is worth Chelsea chased him when they sacked Lampard. He rejected their offer because he want more control rather than just being a head coach and they got his apprentice in Tuchel instead
Personally I applause United's BOM decision of appointing him. Its a long term strategic decision. The building or developing a United DNA 2.0.

City, RB are all trying to build a global platform to have sustainable footballing and financial success.

I think we will re-develop the UK version first and then buy up other clubs under a United umbrella. Thats Rangnick's previous remit at RB so I can see why he was hired too from Glazer's perspective. (I highly doubt if they care about Ralf being the father of the gegenpress.)

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah, I am not surprised the McTominay fan club are on my case. He was defensive and it showed.

His thin skin is just another sign the guy knows he's not good enough.
McT fan club? Not sure about that as i think he isn't good enough and shouldn't be our starting player.

Just because I don't think he isn't good enough doesn't mean I will make up reasons to have a go at him

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah Ralf doesn't give a feck about pandering to Pogba and doesn't care about his reputation. There was that thing he said about Pogba in 18/19 when he was with Leipzig, how he wouldn't want to replace Naby Keita with him because Pogba just wouldn't suit his high pressing game. I think it's pretty clear that be plans on selling him and had a strong opinion about how he's treated United since he joined and about what Pogba really is as a player. So refreshing to see.

Its only been 2 games, and he has a long way to go to prove it of course... but I'm beginning to think that I'll want him to stay on as manager after the season. Provided that he can coach us effectively which is half the battle, I think he'll be great for us so why not? At this point, knowing what sort of style he aims to implement, I prefer him to pochettino for sure. Would be hard to turn down Ten Hag, but I already feel like we have a good thing with Rangnick.

Last edited:

nainaisson

But then why has he never managed in the top clubs like RM, Bayern etc?
Maybe has something to do with his reputation as a "control-freak". Many club hierarchies limit the power of the manager. Man Utd, on the other hand, seems to suffer from a vacuum of football knowledge and competence into which managers like Rangnick can exercise a lot of power, as long as it doesn't affect the club's commercial success.

Daengophile

With a straight talker, you always know where you stand.

The era of pussyfooting about is over

croadyman

fecking hell, just seen his comments on players that don’t want to be at United or are recovering away from the training ground. Where the feck has this line been in the last 8 years. Start turning up or feck off lads, the club is way bigger than you’ll ever be
Yeah his stance of no player is bigger than the club is very refreshing to hear

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Too many replies to respond to each individually.

I didn't mean to be negative about the new manager (or to big up Ole) I just found it quite funny reading the comments last night after seeing the lineup. It was a terrible XI – not the young players, more so the use of the senior players – the game panned out as bad as expected and pretty much nothing was changed during the game. It was exactly as if Ole was still in charge but post-match the praise continued as if it was some sort of genius management.

Baffled me a bit.
Stay baffled.

bringbackbebe

I liked the way he's dealt with Pogba's contract question. Clearly, if the player is not interested in playing for us, he shouldn't be here. It's better to give a chance to players who want to prove themselves with us, and who's willing to fight rather than someone who thinks he's second coming of Djemba Djemba without being able to do half the things Djemba did in his time here.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Tincanalley

Not only did we finally have a dead rubber to play with again, absolute cretins moaning about the way it was used at this time of year :lol: :houllier: SadCafe strikes again, no matter what is going on, some on here will always find a reason to cry and moan. I've already forgotten the other night, it was meaningless, yet you'll have some sad acts who have banked that performance and will bring it up in the future as a stick to beat the manager with.
Been a useful dead rubber for my ignore list, too.

Tincanalley

He's almost too good. I can't watch him without feeling a general inferiority complex infiltrating my being, and a strong sense of self-loathing. Before I know it I'm self-flagellating whilst thinking about my many failures and mis-steps in life.
Good post. Poor thread, generally. Too many wannabes. Both Ole I-can’t-let-go, or Ole-was-useless is tiresome now. Stop trying too hard people.

Last edited:

sglowrider

I liked the way he's dealt with Pogba's contract question. Clearly, if the player is not interested in playing for us, he shouldn't be here. It's better to give a chance to players who want to prove themselves with us, and who's willing to fight rather than someone who thinks he's second coming of Djemba Djemba without being able to do half the things Djemba did in his time here.
This has been the highlight of what he has done this week.

Greck

Looks like a number of assets might leave this summer. We should never have given Ole this season tbf. The squad the new man will now inherit is guaranteed to be weaker. There won't be a better window than the current one. The new manager should be the one deciding who he doesn't want not circumstances forced on him by Ole's piss poor management.

gorky_utd

So lingard, martial and Pogba are probably gone in the summer. None of them are reliable so not worried about them leaving. We just need to make sure we buy proper replacement this time. Really hope that someone like rangnick will make sure we never buy these type of players again.

Highfather_24

Isn't this what everybody's been saying all along? Or is it just me.

Makes no sense to keep a player at the club who doesn't give his best foot forward for this club, no matter how talented he may be.
That's all well and good, but lets see how that goes over when we decide not to even bid for Haaland for this reason or something.

I give it 2 games before a section of Caf turns on him. Its inevitable, regardless of what he does.

sglowrider

So lingard, martial and Pogba are probably gone in the summer. None of them are reliable so not worried about them leaving. We just need to make sure we buy proper replacement this time. Really hope that someone like rangnick will make sure we never buy these type of players again.
Hindsight 20/20.

Would you have said that after Martial's debut? Or when we brought Pogba home?

Lots of tactical and transfer hindsight geniuses popping out of the woodwork lately.

Last edited:

croadyman

So Pogba replacement is Bellingham/Haidara, what about the other two do you reckon?

gorky_utd

Hindsight 20/20.

Would you have said that after Martial's debut? Or when we brought Pogba home?

Lots of tactical and transfer hindsight geniuses popping out of the woodwork lately.
You really want to continue with Pogba and martial? I do not want players who doesn't want to perform for the club. All I hope that the club becomes smarter in transfer market. Was martial always a lazy player? I don't know the answer. But I hope that people involved in future transfer business will use it as an example before making a decision.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
So Pogba replacement is Bellingham/Haidara, what about the other two do you reckon?
We are already stuffed in attack, I doubt we need replacements for Martial/Lingard. If anything, players like Elanga or Diallo or Mejbri could step up to take their places in the squad. We need a Pogba (and Matic) replacement in the short term and a Cavani replacement in the longer term.

sglowrider

You really want to continue with Pogba and martial? I do not want players who doesn't want to perform for the club. All I hope that the club becomes smarter in transfer market. Was martial always a lazy player? I don't know the answer. But I hope that people involved in future transfer business will use it as an example before making a decision.
Of course not. But what you said earlier was just platitudes. Everyone wants a smarter transfer gurus. No manager, DOF goes into the market thinking that they would buy lazy players. One or two players of every three transfers will always fail even for a team like Real Madrid.

Also, the players mentioned failed partly due to the multiple-change in managers with each having different footballing philosophies at critical times of their development.
Martial was broken by Jose; and Pogba, to date, 2-3 managers have not been able to get the best of his unique skillsets. Let's see if Rangnick can get the best out of Pogba.

Lingard was given more time simply because he was an academy lad. And partly he had personal issues and partly he though he could be the next CR7 in terms of marketing ie distracted which arrested his development.

Pronewbie

Peep
Good. United should not be held hostage by players and their agents. We need to stop giving out such lucrative contracts and extensions, especially to players with suspect abilities or attitudes.

We are also at fault for holding some of them back and encouraging this lackadaisical culture amongst some of the players.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
You just feel that we have a boss again who is in charge and will have the majority of the players behind him. Those not onboard will have an issue or leave

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Ralf: This is what i'm doing....MUFC is one of the summits of world football for any player, if you don't want to be here, i'm not going to convince you.
Mou: You embarrassed me, i'm not playing you, you're a virus.
LVG: Hair pulling is sex masochism :devil:
If anything lvg sure as hell was entertaining at the very least

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
No idea honestly. Do not want anymore raiola client even if it is Haaland.
Raiola only does what his client wants. He doesn't actively come out and seek transfers for his players until he's instructed to. Why do you think he's only speaking up for Pogba continuously when he's kept shut about his other clients until they want a move or it's contract renewal time?

That said, just fecking boycott him and his clients just from the sheer disrespect he's given to the club.

Redfrog

Yes. A year & half is an eternity though. The club's been in disarray for most of his time here.

He was very happy in the summer with Ronaldo & Varane's arrivals. I don't think he wanted out then.

All I'm saying is I don't think it's so clear cut. This is his last big money contract, it's only natural he would wait and see how things progress with Rangnick here no?
It’s only natural he will wait his contract run down.
Nothing to do with Rangnick. His agent is Raiola and he just wants as much money as possible.

We will be better off without him. He is a flashy player you can’t rely on. People can think Ronaldo is a primadonna but he is the antithesis of it and Pogba really. If Pogba had half his application and will to win he will be a really good player.

gorky_utd

Of course not. But what you said earlier was just platitudes. Everyone wants a smarter transfer gurus. No manager, DOF goes into the market thinking that they would buy lazy players. One or two players of every three transfers will always fail even for a team like Real Madrid.

Also, the players mentioned failed partly due to the multiple-change in managers with each having different footballing philosophies at critical times of their development.
Martial was broken by Jose; and Pogba, to date, 2-3 managers have not been able to get the best of his unique skillsets. Let's see if Rangnick can get the best out of Pogba.

Lingard was given more time simply because he was an academy lad. And partly he had personal issues and partly he though he could be the next CR7 in terms of marketing ie distracted which arrested his development.
None of them has winning mentality despite lot of talents. Avoid them at all costs.

MalaysianRed7

German managers seem to have a knack of building unbreakable bonds with their fans, and generally in a very short period of time. I’m already enthused with having this man as our manager.

In one week, he’s accomplished the best pressing display we’ve seen for years, giving fans just credit for support through thick and thin and telling the likes of Pogba and Martial, who have been awful far more than they have been good, to sod off if they even have the slightest thought of doing so. He kept the same team against Palace as well, when all of us wanted changes to be made. That’s ballsy and would have done wonders for players like Dalot, McT and Fred’s confidence. How about giving Elanga a chance for being the best trainer? We know that he is tactically superior, but this is proper man-management. The previous regime’s method of favouritism, convincing lacklustre players who will never get game time to stay and continuously picking a failing team was not.

There will be bumps in the road, as there is with every single manager in football and any walk of life in general. However, I’m extremely confident in the next two and a half years now with Ralf at the helm, and from the start of next season, a top manager picked in Ralf’s image.

Ladron de redcafe

It’s only natural he will wait his contract run down.
Nothing to do with Rangnick. His agent is Raiola and he just wants as much money as possible.

We will be better off without him. He is a flashy player you can’t rely on. People can think Ronaldo is a primadonna but he is the antithesis of it and Pogba really. If Pogba had half his application and will to win he will be a really good player.
Pogba is more than a good player. He's a great player. Not sure how you decided that he's a primaddona either, unless you know him personally.

Tincanalley

Yes. A year & half is an eternity though. The club's been in disarray for most of his time here.

He was very happy in the summer with Ronaldo & Varane's arrivals. I don't think he wanted out then.

All I'm saying is I don't think it's so clear cut. This is his last big money contract, it's only natural he would wait and see how things progress with Rangnick here no?
Power is with club/manager as opposed to players and agent wagging the tail. Raiola is toxic. Pogba is just a bit spoilt.

GueRed

Straight-talker.
Only been here over a week and already laying down the law as he should be.

Looks promising...

Status
Not open for further replies.