Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacks

He was consistent in the 4-3-3 next to Matic and Herrera, so consistent in fact that he basically got Ole the job with like 8 goals and 6 assists in 11 games from CM. And then he was punted back to the double pivot so Lingard and Pereira could take up the number 10 not soon after Ole was made full time manager.

He has been mismanaged by both of his managers, everybody and their dog knows he is not a DM he needs creative license to go forward, but then it doesn't look like he will fit in to Rangnicks style either.
Doesn't have this role for France and plays sometimes deep. People make out like he plays AMC everywhere except Utd

Gazautd18

Just listened to Sherwood (Capt. Bellend) on SS explaining Ralfs pressing tactics.
I want that 10 minutes of my life back...

Roane

Never seen a player with so much excuses. He was consistent in a few games, as always. What’s next ?

Not even French people rate him highly. Everybody knows that Kanté is the better player in that midfield.

We can agree to disagree but I haven’t seen a great player who need everything around him made for him to make him great.
Pogba is all excuses, we won’t miss him. Bruno came here and showed him what a player can do. Pogba is not a 6, a 8, a 10. So what is he ?
Isn't Bruno pretty much on Pogbas trajectory?

Came in did extreme well and now seems like he can't pass a ball or shoot.

Both have decent stats I think?

I am a fan of Bruno by the way. Just think styles make football. Bruno playing in a team with Ronaldo wasn't good for Portugal recently so wonder if that has affected him?

Similarly Pogba isn't suited to square and backwards passing style. Never know the new style might suit him.

Of course club comes first so if isn't happy and doesn't perform then see ya.

Redfrog

Isn't Bruno pretty much on Pogbas trajectory?

Came in did extreme well and now seems like he can't pass a ball or shoot.

Both have decent stats I think?

I am a fan of Bruno by the way. Just think styles make football. Bruno playing in a team with Ronaldo wasn't good for Portugal recently so wonder if that has affected him?

Similarly Pogba isn't suited to square and backwards passing style. Never know the new style might suit him.

Of course club comes first so if isn't happy and doesn't perform then see ya.
Bruno showed that an inconsistent team won't have consistent performers, not for long anyway.
Pogba never did well for us, not like Bruno anyway, so I don’t see any like for like trajectory. He never was consistent for us.

Idxomer

Pogba never did well for us, not like Bruno anyway, so I don’t see any like for like trajectory. He never was consistent for us.
That's obviously hyperbole and what makes any rational discussion regarding Pogba almost impossible.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
That's obviously hyperbole and what makes any rational discussion regarding Pogba almost impossible.
Its a common theme. Pogba thread is full of them. Its like people have some personal problem with him and are hell bent to dismiss any of his contribution. Its like people have selective amnesia when it comes to Pogba.

He hasnt been out of this world and have his issues but to say he has never done anything for us is laughable

Glorio

How do you spot a 'winning mentality' in a player that you want to buy?
Scouting I would have thought.

That's not to say scouts may not make mistakes, as some players do relax and settle for a sweet payday after their big move. The puzzler, whatever the reason for having a player not 100% committed though, is keeping them on, and even extending their contracts for multiple seasons after they show that sort of mentality.

Max_United

Its a common theme. Pogba thread is full of them. Its like people have some personal problem with him and are hell bent to dismiss any of his contribution. Its like people have selective amnesia when it comes to Pogba.

He hasnt been out of this world and have his issues but to say he has never done anything for us is laughable
In the end I would say his performances and contributions were akin to someone like Nani - which is of course not nothing and many good/great games among general inconsistency), but is a shame given his talent and Nani was never close to being one of the highest earners and never had such a high profile :)

Anyway, I for all my sympathies and earlier hopes for him - I really hope that we do not extend his contract barring a miracle comeback.

Ladron de redcafe

Well, he is really not a great player. He is a player nobody can say where he should play, I don’t know what kind of great player is that. He is hot and cold. The bare minimum to be a great player is consistency and he has none. A great player on his day is not a great player…

Complaining as a primadonna by his agent for how long now ?

We need to get ride, no player should be bigger than the club and he has been very disrespectful toward the club. Much better players have been pushed out for much less. How the standards have fallen.
He is. He was one of the main contributors and best players in a Juventus that dominated Seria A, and for the world cup champions.

What does the fact that his agent is a snake have to do with Pogba himself? If you have anything from Pogba's mouth, bring it up.

Meanwhile, the guy you said isnt a primaddona openly and publically called himself a slave while under contract with United. It seems to me as though you have got it the other way around.

Ladron de redcafe

A great player puts in effort and works for the betterment of the team. I don't care if he occasionally makes a world class pass, Pogba is not a great player.
If effort is the criteria by which someone is deemed a world class player, Pogba isn't even on the shortlist of our worried. A certain number 7 works far less than Pogba does and strolls around more than Pogba ever did. So does his rival at PSG. As does Neymar. Are all three not great players?

jamesjimmybyrondean

If effort is the criteria by which someone is deemed a world class player, Pogba isn't even on the shortlist of our worried. A certain number 7 works far less than Pogba does and strolls around more than Pogba ever did. So does his rival at PSG. As does Neymar. Are all three not great players?
Pogba is not consistent. One attribute of a great player

Ladron de redcafe

Pogba is not consistent. One attribute of a great player
That's your criteria (and a criteria by which Bruno Fernandez would be a bigger problem than Pogba given that he's much less consistent than Pogba), but that's immaterial to the post I'm responding to.

The poster was talking about effort. Pogba is a harder worker than some of the others that get praised and labelled world class.

captaincantona

Hold on a second...Pogba and his agent pitched themselves as being worth €90 million euro 5 years ago or whatever. Premium high salary to boot. I’m all for players not having anything to do with their price tag but none the less, if you look at the salary he currently commands and the one that he supposedly thinks he is worth- what on earth has his contribution been?

In simple terms, football teams have finite resources......we pay Scott McTominay relatively little...he does what’s expected of him...he is a squad player and performs that role well and the outlay corresponds with that. Same goes for Greenwood, Bruno, Fred etc. They all get paid good money and do a job that can justify the expenditure...but every top team, for the most part, has exceptions...we paid DDG astronomical wages because he kept us relevant single handedly for 4 or 5 seasons! So his contribution has been massive despite our outlay...Barca nearly went bankrupt for Messi...Ronny is doing the business...Salah...Haaland next season will play for someone for silly money and will have to deliver...these world class players have to and do justify their salary and the fact that their respective teams pay other players less because these star player contributionS warrant it.

Now you tell me exactly what has PP done in a Utd shirt over the last 4 years to even begin to warrant us paying him the fuking crazy money he is looking for and subsequently having to pay other players who would hopefully bleed for the cause less? Has he given us Goals? Assists? Leadership? Loyalty? Taking responsibility in big games??? Anything...one thing...what has his contribution been relevant to the level of player he believes he is? Remember, he is talking top 5 player in the word salary!!! Are you kidding me!

He is directly responsible for nothing positive that Utd have achieved since he has been here...Messi, Ronaldo, Salah, Lewa, Veratti, DeBruyne...for god sake...Jorginho, Kante...could all tangibly show their contribution and then justify looking for a new contract... considering how his agent publicises his abilities and the level of contract he believes he is worth...he should have at least some tangible evidence of his contribution that goes beyond - “he played decent in our EL run”... He hasn’t.

el3mel

For the amount of money paid for him and the expectations from him when he signed 6 years ago, he has been a huge flop, I honestly don't know how can anyone rate him otherwise.

What we got from him over those 6 years was simply not worth what we paid for him.

Just good games here and there but we never got a full good season of him putting consistent performance every week and leading us to anything meaningful by the end of the season.

We didn't pay 90m for him just for some good purple patches here and there.

Roane

Pogba has some great stats for us. Even this season he had some great initial stats. So that is unfair imho.

Bruno is the most infuriating player on the pitch at times, behind maybe rashy currently.

I do think the whole agent debacle and not signing a contract is blinkering people's views on Pogba.

I just think under RR, and his statements solenof which are quoted in this very thread, we should see what hapo nw if he comes back.

Like I said for me it's coub before player so if he goes, he goes. But to say he hasn't done anything whilst here is something I don't agree with

Redfrog

No, that’s not. Can you tell me a consistent run he had ?
Bruno came here and qualified us for CL.

The United

LVG? Schweinsteiger was the biggest piss taker we’ve had at the club post SAF and he was LVG’s pet.

Mourinho tried to take the players on but lost because he’s actually terrible at it and always ends up alienating people.
TBF, RR has not had enough time to mess up yet like signing shit players or what not.

IF RR does not succeed, there would be stories like above why he didn't. I am not saying he will fail. I do hope not. I am tired of managers failing here.

Just a bit of perspective.

Redfrog

He is. He was one of the main contributors and best players in a Juventus that dominated Seria A, and for the world cup champions.

What does the fact that his agent is a snake have to do with Pogba himself? If you have anything from Pogba's mouth, bring it up.

Meanwhile, the guy you said isnt a primaddona openly and publically called himself a slave while under contract with United. It seems to me as though you have got it the other way around.
So you think Pogba agent’s is not speaking with Pogba’s approval ? That’s pretty naïve at least…

How many times he had remarks when on international duties ? Nothing too direct of course…

Nobody wants to give him the contract he wants apparently…so most clubs agree with me apparently.

Ronaldo is no primadonna. He wanted Madrid and said it openly. He was always professional on the pitch and contributed the most to our success. On the other hand Pogba is putting in half arsed performances every other weak…I know which one I will take to play football…

I can see why we are in this state when people wants to keep this guy no matter what.

Redfrog

Pogba has some great stats for us. Even this season he had some great initial stats. So that is unfair imho.

Bruno is the most infuriating player on the pitch at times, behind maybe rashy currently.

I do think the whole agent debacle and not signing a contract is blinkering people's views on Pogba.

I just think under RR, and his statements solenof which are quoted in this very thread, we should see what hapo nw if he comes back.

Like I said for me it's coub before player so if he goes, he goes. But to say he hasn't done anything whilst here is something I don't agree with
Problem with Pogba is we can’t criticize him without his fanboys coming and telling us it’s personal and he is hated and we are not objective.

Pogba is a PlayStation player, he is all nice and flashy but you struggle to see his real value to win trophies.
Sure he will score and assist some but he will be as unreliable on the other end of the pitch.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Ah yes, Tim Sherwood. Just one of them shit tier managers not good enough for any league so they joined meaningless controversial punditry to make some monai.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Problem with Pogba is we can’t criticize him without his fanboys coming and telling us it’s personal and he is hated and we are not objective.

Pogba is a PlayStation player, he is all nice and flashy but you struggle to see his real value to win trophies.
Sure he will score and assist some but he will be as unreliable on the other end of the pitch.
You mentioned he has done nothing for us. Thats not an objective analysis. Then you resort to calling people who disagreed with you as fanboys.

When criticism gets over the top, then you cant help but think it has to be personal.

He hasnt set the world on fire with his performance but he has hardly been our worst player that you are making him out to be. And your playstation point is hilarious because same can be used to beat likes of Bruno who regularly lose ball.

el3mel

This one was bad. He needs to freshen things up and start changing things. Rashford shouldn't be starting either.

I won't be harsh as I said it's still early days and he didn't get enough time to coach his ideas into players but under no circumstances should he be happy with the shit show we served today.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I make one good half of football in six now. You could maybe argue for the first half against Young Boys being decent too.

I welcome the clean sheets, but this new manager bounce feels thin.

Godfather

Not gonna lie. This was a bit worrying. Especially giving Ronaldo and Rashford who both looked godawful 90 mins

Sviken

Okay, tonight was abhorrent from him. He made himself look like a proper Ole there and I do not say that lightly. I'm starting to believe that McKenna is whispering in the managers ears

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Didn't like the sub of Sancho but hopefully keeping him fresh for the next game and some of these other players get dropped.

Clearly it's going to take time but as long as we get top four, if we're not looking brilliant by end of the season, we have Ten Hag.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Not surprised we are still rubbish. We overachieved under Ole with this squad. Ralf is going to find out pretty quickly that this squad is mainly filled with players who are never going to be good enough to challenge for major honours.

De Gea saved us again. Same old story.

Status
Not open for further replies.