Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph1386

3 years of bad habits and cluelessness will take time to sort it out.
Making subs shouldn’t take time to sort out though. Shouldn’t take this much time to figure out that you need to sub off a player who isn’t playing well. I’m speaking of Rashford and Bruno here.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It was dreadful but I never expected any different from this squad in the short term.

Godfather

Making subs shouldn’t take time to sort out though. Shouldn’t take this much time to figure out that you need to sub off a player who isn’t playing well. I’m speaking of Rashford and Bruno here.
I hope it'd still this McKenna guy whispering shit into his ear and Ralf taking more time to realise this but his subs were a bit worrying today.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Yeah, that’s my main issue with today. Having a proper manager means we should be able to tactically adapt to whatever Norwich were doing with the better players at our disposal. It felt like Ole could’ve in game managed that match via WhatsApp.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Way I see it, it’s about getting through December with strong results and hoping we slowly improve performances

Kassadin

2 league games and 2 wins with 2 clean sheets. 1 draw in a throwaway CL game that saw all of the first XI rested.

Going by CAF's standards, people should be calling for his head any time now.

Delano

Take a clean sheet and a win all day long. But the pressing and passing in the final third was really poor.

No way he was happy with that, and we need patience.

Adamsk7

Let’s get someone with the same working class mentality as Fergie - failed
let’s get someone respected in the game, safe hands with a philosophy - failed
lets get a proven winner - failed
let’s get someone that knows the club and it’s “DNA” - failed
let’s get a Tactical mastermind, renowned for his modern, pressing football -……….

Guys, it might not be the manager that’s the problem…….

for what it’s worth though, it’s gonna take Ralph some time to get this lot playing the way he wants.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
It takes time. You surely don't expect to see huge changes in such a short time?
2 clean sheets is a nice change for a start. Baby steps.

I see cafe is in its usual patient mode.
I am giving it time, I just don't see any difference from what was before. It's hardly a criticism, but an observation. Ralf is clearly not trying to make to many changes which is fine by me.

Clean sheet is hardly something to be happy about if the goalkeeper gets the motm award.

Real Name

I am giving it time, I just don't see any difference from what was before. It's hardly a criticism, but an observation. Ralf is clearly not trying to make to many changes which is fine by me.

Clean sheet is hardly something to be happy about if the goalkeeper gets the motm award.
Well after we conceded left right and centre before I am happy.

pascell

The lack of pressing was startling, was it due to nerves of being away from home, or just a different game plan?

Has he had his post match interview yet?

MoskvaRed

We finished 2nd. Ralf or the next manager won't get anywhere near that with this squad.
We were second by default - Chelsea under Frank for half a season, Liverpool having to play midfielders in defence, Arsenal and Spurs useless, and all played out against the weird backdrop of empty stadia. This year what you now have to acknowledge as “the big 3“, are back and United are trying to recover from three years of shambolic coaching and mediocre recruitment.

Greck

Not surprised we are still rubbish. We overachieved under Ole with this squad. Ralf is going to find out pretty quickly that this squad is mainly filled with players who are never going to be good enough to challenge for major honours.

De Gea saved us again. Same old story.
Ole built the feckin squad. He was here for 3 years and 3 years later we are still using Mourinho era CMs.

Poor Ole only having 500m to spend. First order of business was to waste a fifth of it on Maguire and AWB. Gee I wonder why the squad is bad.

cyberman

We were second by default - Chelsea under Frank for half a season, Liverpool having to play midfielders in defence, Arsenal and Spurs useless, and all played out against the weird backdrop of empty stadia. This year what you now have to acknowledge as “the big 3“, are back and United are trying to recover from three years of shambolic coaching and mediocre recruitment.
It’s very rare that third down plays well all season. There is no big three until they earn the right to be the big three, can’t just give it up

Kassadin

We won under Ole, too. Doesn't mean it was pretty or deserving most of the time
Ole had a full pre season and multiple transfer windows to shape and train the squad to his liking.

While Ralf had to take over a team that was low in confidence and leaking goals like nobody's business in the middle of the season. Not really the same is it?

RepardReece

Was a really poor performance today. A bit befuddled with the lack of pressing myself as with a few others here. My only guess is due to the clogged fixtures upcoming? That being said, there are a few shambolic comments, do you think Ralf can turn us into pressing titans instantly? Need to remember Klopp finished 8th in his first season in charge (all be it the squad wasn't great).

We lose/draw that match with ole in charge though.

Baneofthegame

I take it the Rangnick train is off?

Personally think he should of subbed Bruno earlier, but the team still needs work.

That was a weird one. Ralf must said to preserve energy for Brentford because there was hardly any pressing until the 80th minute.

NewUser777

We won under Ole, too. Doesn't mean it was pretty or deserving most of the time
Do you ever make a post without mentioning Ole? Nothing wrong with management today either. It was a shit show, and yet again it was down to the players. Awful passing and awful transitions. Haven’t gone through heat maps yet. But our final third feels so crowded and narrow.

HailtotheKing

I hope it'd still this McKenna guy whispering shit into his ear and Ralf taking more time to realise this but his subs were a bit worrying today.
Agree. I can put up with a bad performance. What’s far more worrying is his not taking Bruno off. Didn’t agree with Sancho but at least understand the logic. He kept on Rashford because he was getting in behind. But Bruno, no idea why he stayed on. He was beyond bad. Not just in his passing but in everything. Constantly fouling, constantly being pushed off the ball, outran, wrong sided. He did every single thing wrong. How on earth did he stay on till the 97th minute? Surely Ralf shoulda seen that? He was an absolute liability. Very worrying that he didn’t see it nor had the faith in Donny to replace him.

RuudTom83

United were conceding over 2 goals a before he came in...that was priority number 1 to fix.

His second priority was to get more control of the game. United have been sloppy with the ball all season and today was no different in all honesty. BUT its game number 2, if it could be sorted in a week then every team would be playing like City by now.

Patience is needed.

Dion

Do you ever make a post without mentioning Ole? Nothing wrong with management today either. It was a shit show, and yet again it was down to the players. Awful passing and awful transitions. Haven’t gone through heat maps yet. But our final third feels so crowded and narrow.
Those two are related :D

Again, manager employs new system with less than 2 weeks of prep and it looks like a shit show... It's going to happen, I have no idea why people thought it would be immediately better.

SAFMUTD

Really concerned about tonights performance, that was nothing like what we saw in the first time against Palace. If we were executing the famous gegenpressing poorly I'd understand that it takes time, but tonight was ridiculous. We didnt press, we played the same as we did under Ole.

A soft penalty and De Gea saved us against the bottom team of the league. We need to improve, fast.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Might as well pack it in Ralf and move upstairs, the majority of the cafe have decided you ain't good enough.

Sviken

Yeah? Even in this thread I just criticized Rangnick for making some very questionable decisions in this match. Ole might be at fault for our Vibes FC playstyle that will take some time to fix, but Rangnick is fully responsible for the idiotic substitutions and not chainging it up this match when it was clear Norwich were outplaying us and bypassing our midfield and flanks like no tomorrow. I can criticize both, btw, because the damage Ole has done will not be removed the minute he is gone. This will take weeks, possibly months. But again - Rangnick was at fault at the touchline, no doubt about that.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
He’s needs time to implement his philosophy on the players. Plus he hasn’t introduced our 3rd Captain yet…Mr Micheal Rashford

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
This squad was built by an amateur and had like zero coaching in the past 3 years. Rangnick will need time and investment to sort this mess

Status
Not open for further replies.