Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Mage

To be fair, when have we ever not been shite over the Christmas period? Regardless of the manager or players we have. Even under Fergie we were shite around Christmas.

PoTMS

As long as we have amateur coaches behind him, I don't expect huge changes in our fortune. I'm also slightly skeptical of him as a coach but at least he's only here for 6 months.

Greck

Went from 8th to 5th. He's doing his job as an interim well enough.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I think some of you are overselling Ralf a little bit. He's done very good things from a underdog position in terms of results and squad building but he's never shown to be "the guy" that can take a team to the top of anything. He's won a couple cups and placed well in the Bundesliga a couple times. His career highlight by far is the Semi finals of the Champions League with Schalke 04 in 2011.

Ralfs biggest qualification is the glowing recommendation from other managers who have been inspired by his principles, but who (apparently) execute them better.

I'd be pretty stoked to have this guy in the backoffice, but as a manager he's never won a top flight league title, nor does it seem like its the clubs position that he will be permanent manager, although recent comments indicate he might not "mind" if he's asked.

On a more sad note, Ragnick suffers from ME, so a long term appointment as manager might not even be suitable, he already had to step down from his position at Schalke 04 because of this in 2011.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I hope he makes his changes a bit more radical. If a player does not deliver, take him off no matter what

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Let’s get someone with the same working class mentality as Fergie - failed
let’s get someone respected in the game, safe hands with a philosophy - failed
lets get a proven winner - failed
let’s get someone that knows the club and it’s “DNA” - failed
let’s get a Tactical mastermind, renowned for his modern, pressing football -……….

Guys, it might not be the manager that’s the problem…….

for what it’s worth though, it’s gonna take Ralph some time to get this lot playing the way he wants.
You could also write this as…

Let’s get a mid table manager that has no experience at a top side (Also, 43 away games against Top 4 with 0 wins before being appointed)

Let’s get a well past his best name with a very distinct and awkward philosophy and abrasive personality

Let’s get another well past his best legend with outdated methods and an even more abrasive personality.

Let’s get a former player with no credentials at all to coach a PL football team.

Maybe it is the manager, and what we see now is the result of years of neglect and a lack of competent coaching.

NewUser777

Ole had a full pre season and multiple transfer windows to shape and train the squad to his liking.

While Ralf had to take over a team that was low in confidence and leaking goals like nobody's business in the middle of the season. Not really the same is it?
No he didnt. Our most important players missed pre season.

Maybe now people see that is about the players and being out of form? There is absolutely no reason going in on the manager now. Absolutely none. Not even on his subs. We need to play players back in form.

HailtotheKing

No he didnt. Our most important players missed pre season.

Maybe now people see that is about the players and being out of form? There is absolutely no reason going in on the manager now. Absolutely none. Not even on his subs. We need to play players back in form.
I think we can question his subs. Bruno was having the worst game of his career here. Why wasn’t he subbed earlier?

Red00012

I can’t understand how he decided Sancho should be hooked before Rashford

NewUser777

I think we can question his subs. Bruno was having the worst game of his career here. Why wasn’t he subbed earlier?
Again. Because we need to play him back in form. If you didn’t know, training at this point is just maintenance.
Same goes for Rashford etc..

PoTMS

I think some of you are overselling Ralf a little bit. He's done very good things from a underdog position in terms of results and squad building but he's never shown to be "the guy" that can take a team to the top of anything. He's won a couple cups and placed well in the Bundesliga a couple times. His career highlight by far is the Semi finals of the Champions League with Schalke 04 in 2011.

Ralfs biggest qualification is the glowing recommendation from other managers who have been inspired by his principles, but who (apparently) execute them better.

I'd be pretty stoked to have this guy in the backoffice, but as a manager he's never won a top flight league title, nor does it seem like its the clubs position that he will be permanent manager, although recent comments indicate he might not "mind" if he's asked.

On a more sad note, Ragnick suffers from ME, so a long term appointment as manager might not even be suitable, he already had to step down from his position at Schalke 04 because of this in 2011.
Hard to take anything you say seriously after your continued unjustified defence of Ole.

Ralph1386

I hope he makes his changes a bit more radical. If a player does not deliver, take him off no matter what
Thought that was what we were getting with him, but so far it doesn’t look like it. Hope it changes soon.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Those comments worry me, a lot. Not being physically present with the run of games we have coming up isn't a good sign.

In fact it is the opposite because the manager isn’t just looking at 3 points and wants to build something

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I can’t understand how he decided Sancho should be hooked before Rashford
Because he is, quite rightly trying to establish a strategic system of play. And not just thinking tactically.
Why don't we have a little patience and give the guy a chance to implement his methods.

Abraxas

I think he's starting to see the scale of this task having read between the lines of some of his comments. Particularly thinking of the Greenwood one and the things he's prioritising in his statements. His main worry appears to be our attitude and commitment and physical state (which is a result of the former things). Not even our many technical blunders, as firstly you need to compete to gain control and therefore the ability to play nice football.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Hard to take anything you say seriously after your continued unjustified defence of Ole.
My defense of Ole was never unjustified, I explained why I defended him plenty of times. If you have a problem with the factual statements of my post, that's your problem.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Wonder how long it'll be before a weird **** comes out in defence of Ole and said we were on to great things under Solskjaer and shouldn't have sacked him...

Foxbatt

Wonder how long it'll be before a weird **** comes out in defence of Ole and said we were on to great things under Solskjaer and shouldn't have sacked him...
Already have. Did you read the earlier posts here?

TheReligion

Abusive
Wondered how long it is until the weird posts like this will appear to divide the fan base after a win?

Bizarre

NewUser777

Count on it, his fanbois are waiting in their caves
Ole needed to go. But it sounds like a few fellas are scared he wasn’t the PE teacher you thought him to be? Here is an idea! How about we start looking at what goes on in games and at our players?

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Ole had to go. But I don't care who is coaching United stuff like Liverpool or Watford shouldn't happen. It says a lot about the players that they let it happen. Absolutely zero fight and spirit in them and they fooled many fans into blaming Ole for all our problems. No manager worth their salt will tolerate most of them if they want to win titles. What manager would gamble their future on Shaw and Maguire? They would be insane.

AndySmith1990

Interesting that you were so fiercely loyal towards Solskjaer and refused to question anything he did, let alone criticise him, yet here you are implying a respected and experienced manager may not be right for the job. Clearly there's an agenda at play.

roseguy64

Rangnick took over over a week ago?
Yeah and he's coming back now. We don't know why what he was doing. Maybe he wanted to come back earlier but couldn't. Maybe he only thought to come back after his phone call with Rangnick. We'll not know.

saivet

Directed towards Bruno and Sancho then, presumably more Sancho as he was taken off first.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Interesting that you were so fiercely loyal towards Solskjaer and refused to question anything he did, let alone criticise him, yet here you are implying a respected and experienced manager may not be right for the job. Clearly there's an agenda at play.
Peope have opinions on people. My defense on Ole relied primarily on the upwards trajectory the team displayed in terms of results all the way up to the current season. I've provided several reasons for why I wanted this team to succeed under Ole, many of them sentimental but I don't have a problem with that, football isn't a zero sum and "winning no matter what" game, not for me. How matters just as much. I prefer teams to have some soul and history to them rather than factory teams like PSG, or changing managers as many times as the original financial doping club Chelsea.

I'm not saying that Ragnick can't do anything, nor that he can't win anything with Manchester United, of course he can. In a thread discussing Ralf Ragnick I've pointed out what Ragnick actually has accomplished and made a cautionary comment that people shouldn't exepct a Klopp or Pep. Ragnicks results as manager of elite clubs are average, his influence on coaches is anything but.

Pointing that out does not mean that I have an agenda. I simply take part in the online discussion. If you feel I am wrong, I'd love to hear your arguments.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There's still posters who believe Moyes didn't get enough time, and picked up a criminally weak team.

So give it a few years and there will definitely be some revisionism dotting around.

Status
Not open for further replies.